My Bold died and I got a new one under warranty at ATT yesterday. They swaped all the info to the new phone, but as we know none of the databases came with it.. no problem, I thought, since I have a recent backup at home, I will just restore to the new phone...

Not so easy.. when I click device on the top of BB Desktop it only shows the old phone; doesn't give me an option to restore to the new unit. I searched on here and google, but didn't see the answer. Any ideas?

Thanks
    08-11-11 12:19 AM
    It can be done by using the restore option.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-phone-574570/
    08-11-11 12:30 AM
    Thanks, that's what I thought I've always done in years past... I'm going to try it again today when less sleepy, lol... thanks for the link..
    08-11-11 08:32 AM
    Try the advanced restore selection. Then select open, pick your most recent backup and it will show all of the databases inside it on the left. From that you can choose exactly which ones to restore. Just check the ones you want and press the arrow pointing to your BB's 'current' databases on the right, which will be replaced with your selections. Works for me everytime. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 08-11-11 at 02:38 PM.
    08-11-11 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD