I have been out of the BB game and have been using an iPhone 3GS since June. I am thinking of making the jump back to BB. Is there a way to set-up my BB email so all the emails in my yahoo inbox are in my BB inbox? Sort of like the email application on the iPhone where it replicates the yahoo email. You can delete the yahoo account off the iPhone and when you add it back on, all the emails show up on the iPhone. I want to be able to have access to old emails on my BB.Does that make sense?
    10-16-09 07:52 PM
    No, that is not what blackberries are for. Blackberries stem from professional devices and are able to receive e-mails quickly so that those professionals can work efficiently.

E-mail on blackberries isn't like a true POP or IMAP e-mail. If you receive an e-mail, it'll store it. However, you can't tell it to go online and download old e-mail...that defeats the blackberries purpose of just showing you what you need to know right now. It's not meant to be a storage device for your old e-mail.

If you need to access old e-mails from yahoo, you'll have to log in through the web browser, or you'll have to forward all of your e-mails to an e-mail account that your blackberry accesses so that the e-mail will be pushed to your device.
    10-16-09 09:21 PM
    Oh well. I just thought of something. Here is one thing that I remember working. Discovers this by accident. You can delete the emails from your yahoo inbox. Then go into the trash box, then move the deleted emails back to your inbox. That will push the emails to your device. The emails will all have the same date and time tag, but they are on the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 02:21 AM
    What I do is forward all the emails that I want on the phone back to myself.
    10-17-09 06:27 PM
    That is a great idea. I don't need all my old emails on my device, maybe just a handful that I need at my finger tips.

What I do is forward all the emails that I want on the phone back to myself.
    11-16-09 07:24 PM
    No, that is not what blackberries are for. Blackberries stem from professional devices and are able to receive e-mails quickly so that those professionals can work efficiently.

E-mail on blackberries isn't like a true POP or IMAP e-mail. If you receive an e-mail, it'll store it. However, you can't tell it to go online and download old e-mail...that defeats the blackberries purpose of just showing you what you need to know right now. It's not meant to be a storage device for your old e-mail.

If you need to access old e-mails from yahoo, you'll have to log in through the web browser, or you'll have to forward all of your e-mails to an e-mail account that your blackberry accesses so that the e-mail will be pushed to your device.
    So I just picked up my first blackberry today and started using it coming from an Iphone. Wanted the same thing. Its actually easy to do. So only the last few days of emails will be pulled depending on if you are on BES or BIS and depending on what version of the server software is running and the way the settings were setup. Bottom line is that not everything will come over. What you need to do to get the rest is easy. While in your inbox, menu - search then change the setting at the top from local to remote. Choose your yahoo email (if you also have another one set up etc) and then choose inbox and then menu - search. Once it finds your emails do a menu - add all. Then delete the search and you are done. One other thing to note is that in your email settings choose to keep messages forever and it wont auto delete anything. Not sure if that last part is needed as I have only been using BB for less than a day but I saw the setting so I thought id mention it.
    11-16-09 11:43 PM
    Thanks for sharing. I will have to try this when I get my 9700 on Wednesday.

So I just picked up my first blackberry today and started using it coming from an Iphone. Wanted the same thing. Its actually easy to do. So only the last few days of emails will be pulled depending on if you are on BES or BIS and depending on what version of the server software is running and the way the settings were setup. Bottom line is that not everything will come over. What you need to do to get the rest is easy. While in your inbox, menu - search then change the setting at the top from local to remote. Choose your yahoo email (if you also have another one set up etc) and then choose inbox and then menu - search. Once it finds your emails do a menu - add all. Then delete the search and you are done. One other thing to note is that in your email settings choose to keep messages forever and it wont auto delete anything. Not sure if that last part is needed as I have only been using BB for less than a day but I saw the setting so I thought id mention it.
    11-17-09 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD