Well my torch is broken, and I have sent it off for repairs. However, I'm going on holiday and won't be able to collect my phone, so I'm using my Storm 2 now. I was wondering if there was a way to do a restore and use BBM contacts from both phones, without it replacing 1 with the other? I'd prefer to keep them separate but I can't now since I'm using only 1 BB. Desktop manager also doesn't allow me to restore emails only (even when I choose to pick specific things to restore).
    08-04-12 08:03 PM
    Shameful bump.
    08-05-12 10:38 AM
    May be an OS issue. What was on the Torch? And on the Storm? Some are not going to be compatible for backup function I believe.
    08-05-12 10:41 AM
    May be an OS issue. What was on the Torch? And on the Storm? Some are not going to be compatible for backup function I believe.
    Storm 2 is on OS 5.
    Torch was on OS 6.

I think I should start a fresh. I have had about 80 contacts on my BBM and only 2 speak to me (1 annoys me). I was going to restore everything, minus BBM (the Storm 2 had about 66 until I stopped using it) but I can't do it somehow. I wanted to know if there's a way to either put them all on 1 phone, or just forget em and start new. I only need my emails really, the phone numbers and text messages can be restored by BlackBerry Protect.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 08-05-12 at 11:20 AM.
    08-05-12 10:45 AM
    Start fresh. When you get your Torch, you can get your one good BBM contact back and delete the others.
    08-05-12 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD