Is there really any difference? I usually use BBSAK unless it doesn't let me, like now. I've tried to restore twice while the phone was booting up, it just says apps restored when nothing was done. Just wondered since my phone broke down, I didn't even get to read my BBM messages or a backup. Phone was unaccessible and Zero Assumption Recovery couldn't access anything on it. So I wiped it
    09-06-12 12:51 PM
    I usually just use DM to reload the OS. Then I use BBSAK to add the apps separately.
    09-06-12 02:27 PM
    BBSAK doesn't seem to be restoring my apps on boot up. It just automatically says they're installed when they aren't. If I do it by DM, I can't download anything after.
    09-06-12 03:59 PM
    I use DM to restore apps. The time I used BBSAK, it somehow made App World unable to see the apps, even though they were on the device.
    09-06-12 05:41 PM
    I use DM to restore apps. The time I used BBSAK, it somehow made App World unable to see the apps, even though they were on the device.
    Just used BBSAK from a older one. Couldn't use certain apps, or download. If I put them all by DM, I still can't download. I was wondering if I should just start a fresh, and only restore apps that may be discontinued (I wouldn't be able to download them again). My phone built in media was recently unaccessible. I hate losing my data and information and not being able to back it up.
    09-06-12 05:47 PM
    Whenever possible, I recommend restoring apps through App World. Because if you don't, AW doesn't seem to know you have those apps, and subsequently, you are not able to look up through AW if updates are available.

I've never had a problem restoring a third party app via BBSAK. But it's usually been one or two, not my whole collection.
    09-06-12 05:57 PM
    Do you think an app could be blocking me from downloading? I wiped my device, I can download fine, once I restore, I can use all the apps, I just can't download. Which means I wouldn't be able to update them when they come along. It would also be hard to tell which app is causing it, if it's true.
    09-06-12 06:00 PM
    Do you think an app could be blocking me from downloading? I wiped my device, I can download fine, once I restore, I can use all the apps, I just can't download. Which means I wouldn't be able to update them when they come along. It would also be hard to tell which app is causing it, if it's true.
    What can't you download? Newer versions? If you're restoring via BBSAK, then AW doesn't "know" you have those specific, restored apps installed, so it won't notify you of updates, or even acknowledge them on your device. But if you have other ways of upgrading (like OTA downloads), you should be able to use those.
    09-06-12 06:06 PM
    I can't download anything at all. When I restore my apps using both, I can't download.
    09-06-12 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD