My Blackberry stopped charging yesterday so I got a replacement from Verizon. I connected it to my PC this morning and DM recognized the device. I restored my backup file and was very disappointed that it did not restore everything, but even worse, now it will not sync with Outlook. When I try to sych it says "failed to connect to the device. please make sure that the device is properly connected and try again."

Windows is recognizing the device, DM recognized the device to restore from backup, but synching does not. I've rebooted the phone and the PC with no luck. Is there a change I need to make since the device PIN changed? This is very discouraging. I assumed it would be painless since I had backups.
    10-24-08 07:49 AM
    Okay, I got it to sync. I had to reconfigure it to synch with Outlook.

However, I would still like to know why the backup/restore didn't work so well. I assumed it would be backing up everything on the device including my third party apps and settings, but it only backed up and restored a couple of apps and none of my preferences or any of the themes I purchased.
    10-24-08 08:20 AM
    As you have discovered, Backup only applies to data and device setting, not third party applications or installed themes. They will have to be re-installed.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-24-08 at 10:38 AM.
    10-24-08 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD