This is probably answered elsewhere, but honestly I've searched and not found a match When I go from wiping my BB9000/Bold (Only way to fix Vlingo problem so far), on the restore from a previous backup I've made before the wipe, it asks/warns about doing a device on-board memory restore. There is a warning/exclamation point and check box saying to restore "E". I have no mem card in before or after the wipe, nor during the restore. I plan on putting one in after I've done the restore but, I really don't understand what this question/warning is asking my confirmation of. Do I need to check the box or not? I have actually done both ways and don't notice a difference. I am NOT restoring any applications, only my personalized settings, address book, etc.
    Last edited by habanero69; 04-15-09 at 07:41 AM.
    04-15-09 07:20 AM
    Sorry this is waaaaay off topic from the OP. I just need a few questions answered.

I called AT&T warranty due to my excessive calls failed.
    They're suggesting a master reset (wipe handheld).
    Ok doing a backup first is obvious..

1) I currently have OS .247, a wipe will take me back to .167 correct?
    2) When I plug in my device to do a restore, will it automatically upgrade me back to .247?

Any advice or insight is appreciated.
    04-24-09 11:40 AM
    Sorry this is waaaaay off topic from the OP. I just need a few questions answered.

I called AT&T warranty due to my excessive calls failed.
    They're suggesting a master reset (wipe handheld).
    Ok doing a backup first is obvious..

1) I currently have OS .247, a wipe will take me back to .167 correct?
    2) When I plug in my device to do a restore, will it automatically upgrade me back to .247?

Any advice or insight is appreciated.
    For a start, your question is buried in an unrelated thread. Our forums work best when we can all address a specific topic.

Please create a new thread with your question. I will start you off with a No/No.
    04-24-09 11:52 AM
    ok Thank you.
    04-24-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD