Old Curve failed, had all data saved as a backup. Everything seems to have gone to the new BB except the calendar. Most is not transferred over. The old BB was wiped out of info, however, the calendar could be restored entirely on the old BB.

Why can't I seem to get the calendar on the new BB Curve
    09-28-08 03:14 AM
    Try to do an advanced/selective restore and just load the calendar database This may work out for you!!

And Welcome to CrackBerry!! You will learn a ton here...
    09-28-08 03:15 AM
    Follow BM's instructions. I'm sure it will get you back up and running again. Welcome to crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 03:28 AM
    If you sync to Outlook that could save you too.
    09-28-08 11:07 AM
    The calendar in the old BB has two to three yeas of data, plus advanced data such as continuing appointments, birthdays, etc.

When I backup this old data, the information says 100 entries and 18.5k of information. Seems as though all of the information is not being backed up!

However, when all of the information was deleted from the old BB during the "Switch Device Wizard" and I "restored" this data back to the old BB, it was all restored including the previous data, and all data in the future such as continuing appointments birthdays, etc. It seemed as thought it was the 100 entries and 18.5k of information!

On some sites it seems there is discussion about only bringing back a maximum amount of days of data! However, we have the HH device set to ulimited entries and unlimted space. Space was never a concern with the old BB.

The reason we obtained a new BB is all of the e-mails were not arriving at the HH! However, the calendar worked!

Appears the e-mails are arriving, now we have the other issue!

ALL OF YOUR THOUGHTS ARE HELPFUL. I have tried Advaced Restore only the Calendar with the same results.

Do not use a sync calendar! Do not use Outlook so that is not an alternative.

Does anyone use Google Calendar as a synced calendar?

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!
    09-28-08 01:16 PM
    If you do not use Outlook, there may not be a solution that will yield you 100% satisfaction.
    09-28-08 01:26 PM
    Finally a RIM Tech Support VERY NICE PERSON helped. The Calendar was file was somehow not complete. I was going back to pick up previous saved versions, but did not go back far enough. All the ones I was "restoring" had 100 items. Finally found one back in June that had over 3500! So we only lost 3 months worth of stuff, and that was not bad. Of course, the RIM person suggested, what some of you suggested, to SYN with Outlook, and of course, I am now also doing that as well.

Thanks to all of you.

Still have one other issue. THE OLD BB AND NOW THE NEW BB IS NOT RECEVING ALL OF THE E-MAILS. That was why we bought the new BB. The old one was missing up to 40%! The new one is down to about 5% so far.

Any hints? Thanks much!
    09-29-08 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD