I was not satisfied simply deleting the app from all devices in my known universe. On February 19, I took to the interwebs and sent them some direct customer feedback. My email read: "I have deleted your app from all my blackberry devices, and have instituted a policy to remove it from all company-owned devices. Please apologize."

Here is the response I received from Emily at Foursquare Support today:

Response from Foursquare Support regarding TechCrunch BlackBerry advertisement-img_20150223_171750.png

The reason why we are no longer supporting BlackBerry devices is because BlackBerry is no longer updating their devices.

I see no reason to tolerate this company or it's nonsense any further. Flushed in their entirety.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    02-23-15 07:32 PM
    All you had to do was reply with a link to an article about how BlackBerry just rolled out 10.3.1

And how Foursquare is still an app installed by default.

If I was BlackBerry, I would remove that app from the base installs.

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman, tvst28 and Anthony_2u like this.
    02-23-15 07:34 PM
    All you had to do was reply with a link to an article about how BlackBerry just rolled out 10.3.1

And how Foursquare is still an app installed by default.

If I was BlackBerry, I would remove that app from the base installs.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. What a stupid answer by her. Shows they have no idea. BlackBerry should address this.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    02-23-15 07:38 PM
    This is like T-Mobile all over again. Let's see how Mr. Chen responds to Foursquare. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't respond at all. Foursquare isn't significant enough to warrant attention from BlackBerry.

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    02-23-15 07:38 PM
    There needs to be a clear ROI for the companies to build/support apps for any platform. I am hoping users would soon realize the blackberry QNX potential and therefore followed by a better app ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:51 PM
    She is ignorant.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:03 PM
    Four square needs to get their thinking straight here. Blackberry users have shrunk in the past few years but there are still millions of Blackberry fans and users around the world that still believes in the brand. If you start bad mouthing or offend someone's favorite brand there will be consequences.
    02-23-15 09:35 PM
    The consequence is inconsequential unfortunately. Foursquare could evaporate tomorrow and 3 people would care.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    02-24-15 09:00 AM
    If you start bad mouthing or offend someone's favorite brand there will be consequences.
    It seems to me that Foursqure is being pretty diplomatic about it by saying "Blackberry is no longer updating their devices" when what they really mean is that there aren't enough Blackberry users out there to bother with and that they aren't expecting it to improve.
    02-24-15 09:25 AM