Hello,

I am not a blackberry user, however, I need to access someone's blackberry. I am 90% sure I know the password, but I know that blackberry's tell the user how many password attempts have been made.

So I guess my question is: if I enter the password 4 times, and I am unsuccessful on all 4 attempts, will the blackberry tell the owner that 4 login attempts have been made? Will it still tell the owner that these 4 attempts have been made even if the blackberry is left untouched for a while (ie overnight)?

I was also wondering if perhaps removing the battery and replacing it would reset the login attempt counter?

Many thanks in advanced,

Sherlock.
    01-14-12 05:42 PM
    Are you an investigator or just someone intent upon snooping into another person's smartphone?
    01-14-12 05:51 PM
    Are you an investigator or just someone intent upon snooping into another person's smartphone?
    I'd like to say the first one, but that'd be lying, so therefore the second one!
    01-14-12 06:00 PM
    In that case you will have to do your own research because I cannot ethically nor professionally provide instructions nor answers to your questions.
    01-14-12 06:05 PM
    I don't think this stuff is allowed on the forum, but if the person set it to have a maximum of 4 tries, it will erase all data on the final try. There is also no way to get around the password. Also, why do you want to snoop? just curious.
    01-14-12 06:10 PM
    I have solid reason to believe an affair is taking place. I have decided that there is enough evidence to warrant snooping around the mobile phone. But incase I have the password wrong, I'd rather be sure that I won't be discovered snooping.
    01-14-12 06:20 PM
    Hello,

I am not a blackberry user, however, I need to access someone's blackberry. I am 90% sure I know the password, but I know that blackberry's tell the user how many password attempts have been made.

So I guess my question is: if I enter the password 4 times, and I am unsuccessful on all 4 attempts, will the blackberry tell the owner that 4 login attempts have been made? Will it still tell the owner that these 4 attempts have been made even if the blackberry is left untouched for a while (ie overnight)?

I was also wondering if perhaps removing the battery and replacing it would reset the login attempt counter?

Many thanks in advanced,

Sherlock.
    Just put it down. You've freely admitted the device isn't yours, for all we know you may have stolen it.
    01-14-12 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD