Hi, I just bought a used Curve and I was having so many problems with my carrier Simple Mobile that I didn't bother to reset my phone. After a prolonged battle I got a new SIM card and things were working as expected, phone, twitter, maps... except when I went to setup my email it kept saying that it was not accessible. I had entered my email but maybe the wrong password, because rather than let me try again it just kept going to that same screen.

Then I remembered I had never even reset device. So I found Options > Security > Security Wipe and figured it would return it to factory reset. I feel stupid because it says "You will not be able to send or receive email on third device after you wipe it" I assumed it meant 'until you setup your account not that it would permanently bone my phone!

At the moment no data works and the cell coverage is nonexistent. Did i just brick my phone? Help!
    09-20-13 09:04 AM
    No, that is not a brick. Brick means that you can't even get the phone to turn on.

When you do a wipe, it means that you set it back to the original carrier. You would do the security wipe if you were selling the phone.
    09-20-13 09:25 AM
    right, thanks for the clarification. So how do I get the phone to realign itself with my current carrier? It says "Simple Mobile" on its home screen, and it can get calls and txts (when it has a signal), so I dont know why, if it went back to t-mobile (which the previous user had) I would be able to use it at all!
    09-21-13 01:58 AM
    Go to Settings and Search for Software Update.

Z10 via CB10
    09-21-13 02:38 AM
    Go to Settings and Search for Software Update.

Z10 via CB10
    Edit: Sorry. I hadn't seen that you had a Curve.
    I was thinking of a Z10.
    I hope someone comes along soon who knows what's right for you - sorry! [Palm Face]

Z10 via CB10
    09-21-13 02:42 AM
    ah, thanks for double checking that. As you can tell im a total crackberry newb and thrilled to learn any tricks i can.
    09-21-13 09:01 AM
    Look on Google for "simple mobile APN settings" to get data, if you have their BlackBerry plan.

Posted using the Diva's Z
    Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 09-21-13 at 08:07 PM.
    09-21-13 05:10 PM
    Look on Google for "simple mobile APN settings" to get data, if you have their BlackBerry plan.
    okay, that looks better, at least is says simple where it used to say tmobile. Alas nothing about the service has changed. i still am not allowed any data.Guess I have to talk to them direct?
    09-23-13 12:23 PM