So I have an assignment due in my Micro Economics class and have to write about a decision done that surprised me and BBM4ALL came straight to mind! The main question of the paper is to answer, "Why did this company do what it did?" That is what i would like to ask you guys what you think! Is their going to be ads in bbm for the other platforms to help generate revenue? Or does Blackberry think this app will remind some people that they are trying to get a comeback, and hope they are inspired to try the new OS10? I can't seem to find why they made this decision and was looking into what you guys thought. Thanks!
    10-20-13 08:11 PM
    There already has been a few ads. By Samsung I believe (ironic huh? So far Samsung has promoted BBMx more than BlackBerry. Outside of twitter that is). They did it because, if they can monetize it, it'll be another source or revenue. Maybe but I doubt it, people will want to check out BlackBerry smartphones because of it.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-20-13 08:19 PM
    They are doing it because Twitter is now worth 20 Billion dollars and they just want a piece of that social media action.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:36 PM
    They are doing it because Twitter is now worth 20 Billion dollars and they just want a piece of that social media action.

Posted via CB10
    Weird how they can be worth 20 billion yet are not making any money lol

Posted from my Z10
    10-20-13 08:42 PM
    BlackBerry is a case study waiting to happen for what exactly not to do with your marketing strategy and content....

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-20-13 09:18 PM
    So I have an assignment due in my Micro Economics class and have to write about a decision done that surprised me and BBM4ALL came straight to mind! The main question of the paper is to answer, "Why did this company do what it did?" That is what i would like to ask you guys what you think! Is their going to be ads in bbm for the other platforms to help generate revenue? Or does Blackberry think this app will remind some people that they are trying to get a comeback, and hope they are inspired to try the new OS10? I can't seem to find why they made this decision and was looking into what you guys thought. Thanks!
    Do your own research.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-20-13 09:34 PM
    hhahaah damn harsh you are..
    Do your own research.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-20-13 09:51 PM
    They want to challenge skype, twitter etc!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 10:01 PM
    Having a larger user base on BBM with added users from iPhone/Android adds value to the company in income via ads and value to outside businesses through partnerships etc. The idea is to get BBM and the BlackBerry brand into the top 5-10 apps on iTunes/Google Play and then with BBM channels get ad revenue from companies (a la Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) with BBM channels. As a by product of that you also increase the BlackBerry brand value and give users on other platforms a taste of BB10 which will hopefully lead to more sales/curiosity about the platform.
    10-21-13 04:29 AM
    hhahaah damn harsh you are..
    Not harsh. First thing I thought when I read OP was do your own homework.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:53 AM
    Weird how they can be worth 20 billion yet are not making any money lol

Posted from my Z10
    The weird thing is not that Twitter isn't making any money.

It's the fact that investors kept throwing money at it even with losses all over it

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    10-21-13 04:59 AM
    It must be the potential investors see in Twitter and for the same argument they don't see any great potential in BB?
    10-21-13 05:07 AM
    Probably the truth is that coming spring they saw that BB10 devices sales were slim to none and the brillian CEO thought of something and he was like f*** it lets take bbm cross platform before Whatsapp and Wechat are worth more than the whole of BlackBerry. Obviously he forgot to consult with the BBM development team and they got the news with their deadline when their CEO went on stage to announce it. Obviously the story ended with a miserable failure but luckily they found a scapegoat (the leak!) so most of the fan-boys are still supporting an incompetent management that brought BlackBerry on verge of disappearing from a market they have created.
    10-21-13 05:30 AM