We need to see the action from them. I see it in some instances but I can't understand why they are taking so long to execute.

They need to hire more people, imo.
    They just let people go....they don't need to hire MORE people...They need to hire the RIGHT people...
    10-22-11 06:13 PM
    I am really interested in seeing the sales of the OS7 devices, especially the 9900/9930... I can't see RIM going away when they are still producing such great devices. They definitely need more apps, but other than that, it's a freakin' sweet machine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-22-11 09:45 PM
    My point is illustrated again today. RIMM is up over 4% this morning. Are they suddenly the Walking Undead?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-24-11 09:57 AM
    The lion and the rat

one must, as much as he can, help everybody:
    we often need somebody smaller than us.
    Of that truth two tales will bear witness,
    as so many proofs are around us.

Between the legs of a lion,
    a rat happened to get out of the ground by mistake:
    the animals' king, in that occurrence,
    demonstrated who he was, and let it live.

That good deed was not in vain.
    Did somebody ever thought
    that a lion might care of a rat?
    However it happened that leaving the forests
    the lion was caught in nets,
    from where his roars couldn't free him.

Sir rat came running, and using its teeth did so much
    that a gnawed stitch undid the whole work.

Patience and length of time
    do more than strength or than anger.

Jean de La Fontaine (French poet, 1621-1695)

Dans le texte, ci-dessous, pour les cousins

Le lion et le rat

Il faut, autant qu'on peut, obliger tout le monde :
    On a souvent besoin d'un plus petit que soi.
    De cette v�rit� deux Fables feront foi,
    Tant la chose en preuves abonde.

Entre les pattes d'un Lion
    Un Rat sortit de terre assez � l'�tourdie.
    Le Roi des animaux, en cette occasion,
    Montra ce qu'il �tait, et lui donna la vie.

Ce bienfait ne fut pas perdu.
    Quelqu'un aurait-il jamais cru
    Qu'un Lion d'un Rat e�t affaire ?

Cependant il advint qu'au sortir des for�ts
    Ce Lion fut pris dans des rets,
    Dont ses rugissements ne le purent d�faire.

Sire Rat accourut, et fit tant par ses dents
    Qu'une maille rong�e emporta tout l'ouvrage.

Patience et longueur de temps
    Font plus que force ni que rage.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-11 12:40 PM
    My point is illustrated again today. RIMM is up over 4% this morning. Are they suddenly the Walking Undead?
    Don't get excited (or dismayed) over intraday trading numbers. Also, don't get too excited about a day's final number. Tomorrow is another day.
    10-24-11 01:27 PM
    They just let people go....they don't need to hire MORE people...They need to hire the RIGHT people...
    Agreed but I read somewhere that the majority of the people laid off were people who managed the networks. To me, they are management heavy rather than workforce heavy.
    10-24-11 01:57 PM
    Mike L needs to go.

I heard that last week he was in a meeting somewhere and he had a little tantrum over the fact that they used Macs for the presentations.

Really Mike?

Oh I also saw him the other day driving his Range Rover... in slow traffic.... with his blackberry between his legs and his head looking down... wasn't even paying attention to traffic.
    10-24-11 02:18 PM
    Something interesting about zombies...

They don't lose.
    10-24-11 03:54 PM
    Mike L needs to go.

Oh I also saw him the other day driving his Range Rover... in slow traffic.... with his blackberry between his legs and his head looking down... wasn't even paying attention to traffic.
    LMAO! "is that a blackberry in your lap or are you glad to see me"?
    10-24-11 04:07 PM
    Something interesting about zombies...

They don't lose.

Get on Left4Dead on xbox live later...I will have you singing a different tune

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-24-11 04:19 PM
    Get on Left4Dead on xbox live later...I will have you singing a different tune

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Apple will run away in a helicopter?

I beat l4d 2 lol
    10-24-11 04:21 PM
    For three years, I was on the BB bandwagon. First the curve, then a short look at the LG Ally (Android). I didn't like having to wait for my emails so I chose the 9650 Bold. Later I got a 32GB Playbook. Next I joined Crackberry. I was a BB fan and proud of it. However with the OTA OS 6 "upgrade", my Bold got more and more glitchy. I held off and tried to wait for the 9930. But, at $249, it was too expensive. Then out came the Samsung Stratosphere that I could get it for $0.01 through Amazon.

I took a test drive and I was amazed...push email, great tactile five row keyboard, better phone UI, gorgeous 4" screen, a real internet experience, more useful apps, fun games and blazing fast 4G service. I'm hooked. I didn't know what I was missing.

Now that I have genuine push email in my droid what advantage does BB have...a slightly better keyboard? I'm not saying I won't return to BB, but BB has to step up its game.
    10-24-11 04:57 PM
    For three years, I was on the BB bandwagon. First the curve, then a short look at the LG Ally (Android). I didn't like having to wait for my emails so I chose the 9650 Bold. Later I got a 32GB Playbook. Next I joined Crackberry. I was a BB fan and proud of it. However with the OTA OS 6 "upgrade", my Bold got more and more glitchy. I held off and tried to wait for the 9930. But, at $249, it was too expensive. Then out came the Samsung Stratosphere that I could get it for $0.01 through Amazon.

I took a test drive and I was amazed...push email, great tactile five row keyboard, better phone UI, gorgeous 4" screen, a real internet experience, more useful apps, fun games and blazing fast 4G service. I'm hooked. I didn't know what I was missing.

Now that I have genuine push email in my droid what advantage does BB have...a slightly better keyboard? I'm not saying I won't return to BB, but BB has to step up its game.
    Hello random story.

It has a keyboard.
    It has a stereotype. (Professional) (or to some, old)
    It has a notification light (not all androids have this)
    It has BlackBerry Bridge.

10-24-11 05:09 PM
    Hello random story.

It has a keyboard.
    It has a stereotype. (Professional) (or to some, old)
    It has a notification light (not all androids have this)
    It has BlackBerry Bridge.

Indeed...the bridge WAS the one redeeming factor in BB favor. However, I can "bridge" now with my free mobile hotspot in my rooted Stratosphere. And, this is at 4G speeds. BB bridge is not the prevailing factor anymore
    10-24-11 05:25 PM
    There's no credible reason to leave BlackBerry as I am quite happy with my phone + playbook combo.

When I sit down somewhere and whip-out the playbook I have a much more satisfying web experience than the latest phones from Apple or Samsung and their tiny screens. Apple and Samsung tablets are too big to 'whip-out'.

RIM users aren't the walking dead. Android is Googles latest attempt at ruling your world of information, you, Android users, are the walking dead.
    10-24-11 06:39 PM
    There's no credible reason to leave BlackBerry as I am quite happy with my phone + playbook combo.

When I sit down somewhere and whip-out the playbook I have a much more satisfying web experience than the latest phones from Apple or Samsung and their tiny screens. Apple and Samsung tablets are too big to 'whip-out'.

RIM users aren't the walking dead. Android is Googles latest attempt at ruling your world of information, you, Android users, are the walking dead.
    See, now here's the thing: I don't have to resort to a 7" tablet to get my freak on with my applications. My 4G Bionic is awesome for so many things I'd get writer's cramp listing them all. I have owned a tablet--took it back in 2 days. I use my Bionic about 30x more in a day, then I ever did my BB. A 4.3" screen, coupled with Android (and it's many apps), and 4G speed is a killer combo, as the market has demonstrated with it's ever-increasing Android market share. Keep up, or get run over!

How is speech recognition working for you on your BB devices?? I can use SR to create my SMS, other text messages, reminders, notes, google searches, app searches, music choosing, navigation...it's ENDLESS. (and "yes", I KNOW you can use Vlingo on BB, but it didn't work with a crap on my Storm)
    Last edited by dave1812; 10-24-11 at 08:03 PM.
    10-24-11 08:00 PM
    Mike L needs to go.
    It isn't wise to bet against anyone who founded a billion dollar company. Even if you disagree with every single decision Mike Lazaridis has made, I'm not aware of anyone who is more likely to help RIM rebound than him. Jim Balsillie, on the other hand, is a different story.

I heard that last week he was in a meeting somewhere and he had a little tantrum over the fact that they used Macs for the presentations.
    I call B.S. No source is less convincing than "I heard."

You're beginning to sound like a stalker.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-24-11 08:55 PM
    Good for you. Personally, here in Southern California I've yet to see a single PlayBook outside of Best Buy. I guess users aren't whipping them out enough.

FYI: Samsung makes a 7-inch tablet as well, so if Samsung's tablets are "too big to whip out" then the PlayBook must be also.
    10-24-11 08:58 PM
    Good for you. Personally, here in Southern California I've yet to see a single PlayBook outside of Best Buy. I guess users aren't whipping them out enough.

FYI: Samsung makes a 7-inch tablet as well, so if Samsung's tablets are "too big to whip out" then the PlayBook must be also.

FYI I have seen Samsung's 7" tablet, I don't like it, but you can whip this one out to.

i encourage people in California to whip-it-out more often
    10-25-11 01:26 AM
    See, now here's the thing: I don't have to resort to a 7" tablet to get my freak on with my applications. My 4G Bionic is awesome for so many things I'd get writer's cramp listing them all. I have owned a tablet--took it back in 2 days. I use my Bionic about 30x more in a day, then I ever did my BB. A 4.3" screen, coupled with Android (and it's many apps), and 4G speed is a killer combo, as the market has demonstrated with it's ever-increasing Android market share. Keep up, or get run over!

How is speech recognition working for you on your BB devices?? I can use SR to create my SMS, other text messages, reminders, notes, google searches, app searches, music choosing, navigation...it's ENDLESS. (and "yes", I KNOW you can use Vlingo on BB, but it didn't work with a crap on my Storm)

I think you would get writers block after listing just a few

The BB phone + Playbook combo is light years better than your bionic phone
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-25-11 01:31 AM
    Mike L needs to go.

Mike L must stay; but he must limit his public interventions to the strict minimum. RIM needs a spokesman, a true evangelists that combines both vision and ease to speech/entertain.

Using apple's laptops for demos @ DevCon with lightnin' logo facing the audience made me uncomfortable.
    It was like a vegetarian preaching while eating bacon chips.
    RIM doesn't need suspenders and tights to seduce devs ... they need to deliver and make them win money.
    10-25-11 02:07 AM
    Mike L must stay; but he must limit his public interventions to the strict minimum. RIM needs a spokesman, a true evangelists that combines both vision and ease to speech/entertain.

Using apple's laptops for demos @ DevCon with lightnin' logo facing the audience made me uncomfortable.
    It was like a vegetarian preaching while eating bacon chips.
    RIM doesn't need suspenders and tights to seduce devs ... they need to deliver and make them win money.
    I disagree. He isn't a true evangelist in my eyes. He repeats the same 5 points over and over and it isn't even exciting anymore!

Seeing him during the Citrix demo was painful. "oh hey you pulled that out of your pocket, WOW the PlayBook is so portable!"

"oh and you're running this along side all other apps, WOW the PlayBook is so powerful"

He's really bad at the whole marketing thing, because he's a lab guy. He should be innovating, not trying to sell.

My hope is that the company has restructured enough that he has little involvement... he and Jim have had over a year to make changes, nothing has happened that shows significant turn around (until maybe more recently) and its been him and Jim at the helm.
    10-25-11 07:18 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD