Is Research In Motion the walking dead?

Check out the video on the page.... Some good commentary on RIM.
    10-19-11 01:40 PM
    well zombies are quite popular these days lol
    Rickroller likes this.
    10-19-11 02:12 PM
    saw that... RIM lost 3.5% of its market value today.

With big DevCon news behind us, I feel like its going to be a rough 1-2 months. Stock will likely go down.

As a current Storm 2 and PB owner, I dont feel like RIM is taking care of their current and future customers and investors.
    10-19-11 02:17 PM
    They should be doing more to cater for current developers, considering the Java VM being ditched - all Java-based applications will not be backwards compatible with BBX and will require a complete overhaul of any existing code and a new language.

As for customers, it's pretty clear that the new OS 7 range of devices aren't going to be capable of running BBX, and they really should be. Or they should have held back the announcement of BBX for a while longer.

Regardless of these severe problems, BlackBerry won't die, it's always going to have a strong share of the market, due to dedicated customers.
    Last edited by Wretch 64; 10-19-11 at 05:19 PM.
    10-19-11 02:22 PM

With big DevCon news behind us, I feel like its going to be a rough 1-2 months. Stock will likely go down.

As a current Storm 2 and PB owner, I dont feel like RIM is taking care of their current and future customers and investors.
    I think the main driver of the stock dipping today is the entire tech sector including the nasdaq is down. I think the stock has already reached bottom barring there isn't anymore bad new such as the BBBO, I see the stock probably creeping up again or the very least stay in the $21-$25 range.
    10-19-11 02:52 PM
    They should be doing more to cater for current developers, considering the Java VM being ditched - all BBX applications will not be backwards compatible and will require a complete overhaul of any existing code and a new language.

As for customers, it's pretty clear that the new OS 7 range of devices aren't going to be capable of running BBX, and they really should be. Or they should have held back the announcement of BBX for a while longer.

Regardless of these severe problems, BlackBerry won't die, it's always going to have a strong share of the market, due to dedicated customers.
    I thought during DevCon they announced that the bridge for apps while transitioning to BBX is HTML 5 which will work on BB06 forward if you want it compatible across multiple generations?
    10-19-11 02:56 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Is Research In Motion the walking dead?

Check out the video on the page.... Some good commentary on RIM.
    Seventy Million + RIM users, including a substantial number in corporate or senior positions say "hi!" .....
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-19-11 04:51 PM
    I thought during DevCon they announced that the bridge for apps while transitioning to BBX is HTML 5 which will work on BB06 forward if you want it compatible across multiple generations?
    Sorry, I should've been more clear - the Java apps, which to be fair, is probably 70% of all existing apps that are worth getting.
    10-19-11 05:19 PM
    Apple lost 5.6%
    What's your point? Are you trying to say how much better RIM is doing in the face of all the other losses in the tech sector?
    kingbernie06511 likes this.
    10-19-11 05:47 PM
    RIM's stock has been a bouncy ball lately (as has much of the market). Trying to draw conclusions from it's fluctuations is rather pointless.

Edit: I wonder if the OP even noticed the article linked to discusses Jaguar Financial, which is a total joke.
    Last edited by Invader3K; 10-19-11 at 07:17 PM.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-19-11 07:14 PM
    Edit: I wonder if the OP even noticed the article linked to discusses Jaguar Financial, which is a total joke.[/QUOTE]

I did read the article on Jaguar Financial.... Honest, I'm sick of those jackoffs! They're doing no good for themselves or RIM with their negative press. They're a small player but making the most noise. I'm not sure what their game plan is other than just stirring up sh!t.
    10-20-11 08:41 AM
    10-20-11 08:54 AM
    I think bb needs to change something and not continue the way they are going. BB7 devices didn't go over as well as they thought and I think if they want to get back and be a force in the market they need to change the prices of their products and maybe put more into advertising.
    10-20-11 02:06 PM
    RIM's stock has been a bouncy ball lately (as has much of the market). Trying to draw conclusions from it's fluctuations is rather pointless.

Edit: I wonder if the OP even noticed the article linked to discusses Jaguar Financial, which is a total joke.
    being in the low 20's from a high of over 60 is a free fall, not a bouncy ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 04:28 PM
    Hmmmmm... The Walken Dead...

10-20-11 04:36 PM
    There are so many people wishing the demise of RIM. It is not going to happen and 70 million of us say no way.
    I know it is a juicy target because they are transitioning but RIM will be just fine. I love my Bold 9930 and so do my buddies.

To say that RIM is doomed is like saying Steve Jobs dies of cancer caused by the iPhone. It is just not true.
    Jake Storm and anon(73368) like this.
    10-20-11 04:39 PM
    Keith Richards is the walking dead.
    10-20-11 09:06 PM
    RIP RIM..my 9930 has been a royal pain in the booty the last 3 weeks..same old crap as os 6...app world is a total nightmare!!! after 2 re load of os s my app world is a joke. no apps, tech support says , oh pull out memory card and re boot and re pull and re oad os....rim is done.
    10-20-11 10:18 PM
    There are so many people wishing the demise of RIM. It is not going to happen and 70 million of us say no way.
    I know it is a juicy target because they are transitioning but RIM will be just fine. I love my Bold 9930 and so do my buddies.

To say that RIM is doomed is like saying Steve Jobs dies of cancer caused by the iPhone. It is just not true.
    Nobody is wishing for RIMs demise. They are doing it on their own.
    anon(4021844) likes this.
    10-20-11 11:16 PM
    Let's hope so. Because in the TV show the zombies are definitely winning at this point.
    10-20-11 11:35 PM
    RIP RIM..my 9930 has been a royal pain in the booty the last 3 weeks..same old crap as os 6...app world is a total nightmare!!! after 2 re load of os s my app world is a joke. no apps, tech support says , oh pull out memory card and re boot and re pull and re oad os....rim is done.
    RIM is done??? Cuz you said so?????????
    Like every phone on the market- there are some with problems- take it back! You know how many issues I had with my 9850?? NONE- so I guess that evens it out and RIM is not done.
    10-21-11 12:50 AM
    One thing I can say about RIM is even tho they in some deep water right now they are handling some of it well....as if another company was in this same place they mite would of been shut down or brought out somebody else.

10-21-11 01:32 AM
    being in the low 20's from a high of over 60 is a free fall, not a bouncy ball.

My point was that lately it's been in the low 20's and trying to draw any meaningful data from daily fluctuations is a fruitless endeavor.
    10-21-11 07:58 AM

... went back to 22.71 as date of 10/21 @ 18:9 CET ... don't stick to the quote ... big deals here.
    10-21-11 11:50 AM
    We need to see the action from them. I see it in some instances but I can't understand why they are taking so long to execute.

They need to hire more people, imo.
    10-21-11 12:49 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD