There are many reasons why enterprise customers would want to come back to RIMM. Security is only one reason, simplicity and deployment capabilities are another.And since the smartphone market is poised to keep increasing over the next several years, I think RIMM can easily ship more than 22 million corporate phones over the next 12-18 months, provided of course the new BB10 phone stands up to the competition.
    And if the new BB10 device is indeed good, I think the enterprise customer will go back to RIMM with a vengeance.
    George Kesarios has been posting positive reviews about RIM on Seeking Alpha, against all odds.
    His last article is really great and sums-up almost anything we've read here (add some PaaS) in a very efficient way.

Quite a long read, but 0% to bin ... enjoy !
    Research In Motion Poised To Conquer The Enterprise Space Once Again - Seeking Alpha
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-13-12 at 12:17 PM. Reason: paas, nos saas you dumb a$$
    12-13-12 12:15 PM
    Yeah, Seeking Alpha is right up there with Forbes in their blatant dislike for RIM, which makes stuff like this on those sites all the more encouraging that we're not just a bunch of delusional fanboys oblivious to the inevitable demise of our beloved BB. I've always been cautiously optimistic about RIM and the potential of BB10. Each day I'm getting a little more optimistic and a little less cautious. Things are looking good.
    12-13-12 12:37 PM
    " It is also true that most enterprise customers have changed platforms"

Umm ... no. It's amazing how these stories keep evolving from the reality. Most enterprise customers still deploy BlackBerrys. What has happened is that many enterprises now support more than one platform vs. dropping BlackBerry altogether.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-12 12:48 PM
    One might rightfully say that only Yahoo's have dropped BlackBerry altogether - sorry but I had to do it ;-)
    12-13-12 01:51 PM
    One might rightfully say that only Yahoo's have dropped BlackBerry altogether - sorry but I had to do it ;-)
    There are absolutely some companies that have dropped BlackBerrys altogether. There are others that have said they were going to do it and changed their mind. There are others that dropped them, then went back when the alternative didn't work as well.

But it's idiotic to suggest most enterprises have left for another platform altogether.
    Balti43, bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    12-13-12 01:52 PM
    The article is very insightful, and lists the potential reasons for a BB comeback. Of course, people will continue to hate, bash and write off RIM, but everybody deserves a chance to redeem themselves.

@Superfly_FR: what do you think should be the yardstick to measure BB10 success? If you ask me, I would say it will be the profitability it brings to RIM one year after launch.
    spike12 likes this.
    12-13-12 02:20 PM
    @Superfly_FR: what do you think should be the yardstick to measure BB10 success? If you ask me, I would say it will be the profitability it brings to RIM one year after launch.
    Well, I believe goal #1 is take back as fast as possible some market shares that have been lost.
    So I'd prefer to target in device units. I stand the bar at 18 millions/year for a significant come-back and profitability return.
    But - despites very accurate analysis by chris U., for instance - I must say I have to wet my finger to give a concrete answer ... lest round it from 15 million (success) to 20 million (brilliant success). Above that ... well ... some will start to write in books for future marketing students and it might be a case study (the bad - the good) for several decades, nothing less !
    Cesare21 likes this.
    12-13-12 04:50 PM
    There are absolutely some companies that have dropped BlackBerrys altogether. There are others that have said they were going to do it and changed their mind. There are others that dropped them, then went back when the alternative didn't work as well.

But it's idiotic to suggest most enterprises have left for another platform altogether.
    That was meant to have a little fun with Yahoo's decision to drop BlackBerry in the Corp structure. A joke that has to be explained is not much of a joke at all so I appologize.
    12-13-12 06:02 PM
    That was meant to have a little fun with Yahoo's decision to drop BlackBerry in the Corp structure. A joke that has to be explained is not much of a joke at all so I appologize.
    next time just omit the "-" in your smiley you'll get a more imaged blink !
    randall2580 likes this.
    12-13-12 06:50 PM
    The killer feature of BB10 will be the BlackBerry Perimeter. The only mobile that can easily integrate with your work and your personal life.
    12-13-12 09:15 PM
    Media and analysts bashing been done before...remember Apple in 1996?

RIM Poised to Make a Strong Comeback – Can RIM Make a Comeback
    12-14-12 06:31 AM
    C'est bon nouvelles! Mon francais es tres terrible!
    12-14-12 10:26 PM
    C'est bon nouvelles! Mon francais es tres terrible!
    lol, at least you tried, thanks for that ! I'm sure it's not that bad; I understood
    "Ce sont de bonnes nouvelles ! Mon français est vraiment terrible" (<- note, this could mean either terrible or terrific !)

... and now I know how most of you feel when reading my posts !
    12-19-12 08:04 AM
    love the title of this thread. its just so damn true.
    12-19-12 08:45 AM