11-07-11 06:51 AM
155 ... 567
tools
    All I can see is RIM has remained extremely profitable and has expanded during a recession and bought other businesses as well. Couldn't be doing that bad no?if analysts were that good we wouldn't be in a recession in the first place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What do you mean "expanded during a recession?" didn't they have to lay off a tenth of their employees?
    11-06-11 10:34 PM
    Thread is still going after a week? How can a debate last so long.
    11-06-11 10:58 PM
    What do you mean "expanded during a recession?" didn't they have to lay off a tenth of their employees?
    "Research in Motion will reportedly lay off 2,000 of its employees, or about 10 percent of its total workforce, according to a press release issued this morning. The move comes as part of a workforce reduction following the companys rapid expansion which lead to quadruple growth in its team over the past five years."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 01:17 AM
    What are you on the lunar calendar? The new phones were released in mid-August and not all carriers released on same date. Verizon, Sprint and AT&T were late comers. Carriers in UK and Canada released the phones first.

The phones were not out for the full third quarter. The fourth quarter will provide a better picture of sales and market share.
    I said they came out during the third quarter. Early enough that the only pent up demand likely to have been in satisfied was AT&T users who wanted an OS 7 device in the Et BB form factor.
    11-07-11 06:50 AM
    What are you on the lunar calendar? The new phones were released in mid-August and not all carriers released on same date. Verizon, Sprint and AT&T were late comers. Carriers in UK and Canada released the phones first.

The phones were not out for the full third quarter. The fourth quarter will provide a better picture of sales and market share.
    I said they came out during the third quarter. Early enough that the only pent up demand likely to have been in satisfied was AT&T users who wanted an OS 7 device in the proper BB form factor.
    11-07-11 06:51 AM
155 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD