09-23-11 05:50 PM
30 12
tools
    Why is Microsoft being used as an example? They're abysmal marketshare continues to slip further into oblivion even with WP7. Oh yeah I forgot everyone has just been buying everything else to hold them over till Mango is released and running on a Nokia and then MS will rule the world . If anything Microsoft is an example of having an ecosystem not equalling sales.
    You're being ignorant.

WP7 isn't even 1 year old, first of all.

Blind Hatred won't get you that far.

The user experience suffers when you're dependent on others services and they restrict functionality for their own platforms...

That's why every major player is getting their own set of core services off the ground... Well, except RIM, apparently.
    Last edited by N8ter; 09-22-11 at 11:26 AM.
    09-22-11 11:10 AM
    You're being ignorant.

WP7 isn't even 1 year old, first of all.

Blind Hatred won't get you that far.

The user experience suffers when you're dependent on others services and they restrict functionality for their own platforms...

That's why every major player is getting their own set of core services off the ground... Well, except RIM, apparently.
    And Tablet OS is 5 months old! RIM is working on getting a video service going and will apparently announce at DevCon, the BBM music is still in Beta and could evolve into more than it currently is (at least they now have deals for music content). BBM social application integration is working its way out. All of RIM's equipment is tied into data centers and has been for a while with the BIS capability and could easily expand upon that. BlackberryTV service and box is rumored for end of October release. So RIM is working on building up their infrastructure internally too. So I'm not the only one who is blind!
    09-22-11 12:03 PM
    Reputable? LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 02:04 PM
    And Tablet OS is 5 months old! RIM is working on getting a video service going and will apparently announce at DevCon, the BBM music is still in Beta and could evolve into more than it currently is (at least they now have deals for music content). BBM social application integration is working its way out. All of RIM's equipment is tied into data centers and has been for a while with the BIS capability and could easily expand upon that. BlackberryTV service and box is rumored for end of October release. So RIM is working on building up their infrastructure internally too. So I'm not the only one who is blind!
    That was my point. RIM is trying to get what the others already have.

Yes, Blind.

Microsoft already streams Zune, Hulu, and Netflix to XB360. Apple has AppleTV, and Google has GoogleTV wihch seem to finally be getting a little bit of Love. All of RIM's stuff is "coming." The others are already there.

That's their issue. They're always late, by years, in some cases. It's why they've taken such a hit in the smartphone market.

Even their Enterprise marketshare has dropped due to businesses cozying up to other smartphone platforms and/or dropping BES.

EDIT: BIS was revolutionary back when PUSH Email was not Commoditized and most Email Services only allowed POP (and later, IMAP) access. In the day of Hotmail/GMail ActiveSync Access and every major phone OS except BB supporting that, it's less of a win for them. Now, it's inferior to what most smartphones offer for PIM data synching, and it's capabilities are dependent on what email/pim service you use.
    Last edited by N8ter; 09-23-11 at 12:09 AM.
    09-23-11 12:04 AM
    That was my point. RIM is trying to get what the others already have.

Yes, Blind.

Microsoft already streams Zune, Hulu, and Netflix to XB360. Apple has AppleTV, and Google has GoogleTV wihch seem to finally be getting a little bit of Love. All of RIM's stuff is "coming." The others are already there.

That's their issue. They're always late, by years, in some cases. It's why they've taken such a hit in the smartphone market.

Even their Enterprise marketshare has dropped due to businesses cozying up to other smartphone platforms and/or dropping BES.

EDIT: BIS was revolutionary back when PUSH Email was not Commoditized and most Email Services only allowed POP (and later, IMAP) access. In the day of Hotmail/GMail ActiveSync Access and every major phone OS except BB supporting that, it's less of a win for them. Now, it's inferior to what most smartphones offer for PIM data synching, and it's capabilities are dependent on what email/pim service you use.
    AppleTV has never really taken off but probably will change with Airplay and the coming holiday season. GoogleTV is mostly a joke at the moment, just ask Logitech what they think of it. MS is getting a lot of mileage out of the Xbox360, I'm amazed that they've gone this long without having to upgrade, but it has atrocious DVD playback and is getting long in the tooth. I've got all of the consoles (3 kids) and the kids use the Xbox the most. I use the PS3 for Blu Ray and Netflix on the big TV. AppleTV in my room on TV, and Xbox on a TV just for the kids to play on. I haven't seen anyone make a full play yet. I like my AppleTV but it is limited and I'm not into the Jailbreak thing. I still think that the battle for the home is wide open. Apple may have the biggest advantage with AirPlay and turning the iOS devices in game consoles, controllers, and video servers, but they don't have a lock. Will be interesting to see how things pan out the next couple years from all of the parties.
    09-23-11 05:50 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD