There are reports that Apple is negotiating to buy Waze. If Apple is successful we know for sure that there will be no Waze App for BB10. I think RIM needs Waze more than Apple and they should be in the negotiations to buy the company.

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=T...iA9lbt8geydPWw
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-03-13 01:08 PM
    I dont know much about Waze but im sure there are other solutions than just that one
    01-03-13 01:12 PM
    RIM cannot afford what Apple is supposed to offer for Waze. They cannot spend three quarters of a billion dollars out of their roughly three billion. Also RIM has a partnership with Tom Tom for navigation.
    01-03-13 01:14 PM
    Yes. It has already been mentioned in this thread...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...7/#post7821716
    01-03-13 01:22 PM
    Looking at the new BlackBerry Navigator it looks like RIM owns Gokivo because the UI is identical.

I said a year or 2 ago when WAZE first moved out of Isreal that RIM should look at buying them. I knew they would quickly grow internationally, & looking at them now & the fact that Apple is looking at spending 3/4 Billion on them I guess I was right
    01-03-13 05:04 PM
    RIM cannot afford what Apple is supposed to offer for Waze. They cannot spend three quarters of a billion dollars out of their roughly three billion. Also RIM has a partnership with Tom Tom for navigation.
    Speaking of RIM's partnership with Tom Tom, has anyone seen new BB10 Maps with Navigation feature yet? I saw BB Maps in one of the screenshots but don't know if it's functional.
    01-03-13 06:25 PM
    Looking at the new BlackBerry Navigator it looks like RIM owns Gokivo because the UI is identical.

I said a year or 2 ago when WAZE first moved out of Isreal that RIM should look at buying them. I knew they would quickly grow internationally, & looking at them now & the fact that Apple is looking at spending 3/4 Billion on them I guess I was right
    Do you have a screenshot of BB Navigator? Thanks.
    01-03-13 06:27 PM
    Looks like the rumors of Waze being sold to Apple are either dead or were just rumors. Read tonight that Apple is not interested. Perhaps Apple didn't want to pay up and given their crappy maps app they should be throwing whatever they can at it including buying TomTom.
    01-03-13 08:48 PM
    Apple should just roll back to google maps by default. It's been months with nothing fixed. Not much time to go before my iPhone goes to the hammer.

No sense apple would buy it because they clearly have no idea what to do with data and how to implement it. Sometimes companies just need to admit they can't be good at everything, and there are others that can do it better.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    01-04-13 03:40 AM
    I've never used BB Navigator or Waze. Whenever I travel I've always used BB Travel and BB Traffic.....that combination helped me navigate through very small towns in both Carolinas last year with no problems at all.
    01-04-13 03:53 AM
    BB navigator is beta released for UK and is TomTom powered.
    BlackBerry Navigator now available in BlackBerry Beta Zone | CrackBerry.com

Yet wondering what impact on QNX automotive navigation provider ...
    Attached Thumbnails Reports Apple buying Waze which means no Waze for BB-capture.png  
    01-04-13 04:57 AM
    Nope, nothing quite like waze... I drive a lot and this is by far the best driving app I use on my 3GS.
    I hope Apple doesnt buy them. There is so much potential in that app besides what it can already do and I am not confident Apple can maximize its value. Also, I want to see it on all platforms.
    01-04-13 11:12 AM
    Apple should just roll back to google maps by default. It's been months with nothing fixed. Not much time to go before my iPhone goes to the hammer.

You do know that Google Maps is available again for iOS right? You do not have to use Apple Maps.
    01-05-13 12:55 PM
    the premise of Waze seems like a company that RIM acquired. I believe it was Dash Navigation. I dont see why they wouldnt be able to do the same with their own native app.
    01-05-13 02:22 PM
    You do know that Google Maps is available again for iOS right? You do not have to use Apple Maps.
    By default apple still launches Apple Maps. So you have to enter the data launching google maps first. A two step process..
    01-06-13 05:54 PM
    bb traffic is a disaster of an app

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 05:57 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

What you talkin about willis? BB traffic is a great application.
    01-06-13 06:10 PM
    What you talkin about willis? BB traffic is a great application.
    Yes it's fine but these traffic apps are overrated and unnecessary. If you use say 495 the Capital Beltway and you don't know it's gonna be a parking lot during rush hour then your just stupid. That's what Willis told me.
    01-06-13 06:16 PM
    I have to say this because I just have to, so "WAZE UP?"
    01-06-13 06:17 PM
    Yes it's fine but these traffic apps are overrated and unnecessary. If you use say 495 the Capital Beltway and you don't know it's gonna be a parking lot during rush hour then your just stupid. That's what Willis told me.
    But when I'm driving from from NC to sandusky OH to goto cedar point and an accident occurs backing up traffic along the way, it is great to be alerted so I can either stop and grab lunch or plan a detour.
    01-06-13 06:47 PM
    Really? For me, it's one of my most well used and valued apps. It's never led me astray and has been perfectly reliable.
    01-06-13 07:36 PM
    Really? For me, it's one of my most well used and valued apps. It's never led me astray and has been perfectly reliable.
    +1.
    01-07-13 12:20 PM