If I report the PIN to RIM as being stolen will they block it from use? How about if I report the IMEI and/or PIN with T-Mobile? My friend got hers taken and I want to help stop the person who has it from using it if possible...
    02-16-09 10:30 PM
    Well its probably to late for the IMEI. I not sure if you report directly to RIM or just t-mobile.

I know that if they stick a new sim in before you report it then your sol though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 10:33 PM
    Just call T-Mobile and have them suspend the line until she gets a new phone! If your friend has insurance she can pay the deductible and get a new one! Other than that nothing is going to happen.
    02-16-09 10:37 PM
    The pin can definetly be stopped from being used on a data plan. However if the phone gets unlocked any sim card will work for voice. The pin probably still cannot be activated. As a matter of fact, if the person tried to activate a data plan on the phone with whomever, it will show on that carriers system as stolen (most likely). If not, then just blocked.

02-17-09 01:14 AM
    Well its probably to late for the IMEI. I not sure if you report directly to RIM or just t-mobile.

I know that if they stick a new sim in before you report it then your sol though.

wat was the last thing???

I know that if they stick a new sim in before you report it then your _______ though.
    04-05-09 12:44 PM
    wat was the last thing???

I know that if they stick a new sim in before you report it then your _______ though.
    out of luck
    04-05-09 12:59 PM
    out of luck
    thanks bro
    04-05-09 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD