08-02-16 07:23 PM
195 ... 45678
tools
    This is CrackBerry, anything that doesn't fit into the echo chamber is paid FUD.
    BlackBerry's own 10-Q is now paid FUD, apparently? Maybe the CFO is one of those evil shorts trying to keep the company down?

Oh no, I've just started another conspiracy theory.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-01-16 02:43 PM
    BlackBerry's own 10-Q is now paid FUD, apparently? Maybe the CFO is one of those evil shorts trying to keep the company down?

Oh no, I've just started another conspiracy theory.
    Of course corporate is evil, Chen is the love child of Hitler and Chad Kroeger.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-01-16 02:44 PM
    Of course corporate is evil, Chen is the love child of Hitler and Chad Kroeger.
    Am surprised no psycho here has tried to meme Chen with that mustache. Hmm... lol

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    07-01-16 02:46 PM
    The inscrutable Chairman Chen is Zen Master of saying one thing while secretly planning to do the opposite.
    07-01-16 03:04 PM
    BlackBerry has not informed Verizon or AT&T that BlackBerry 10 devices have been discontinued | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry's device strategy is based on a cross-platform model where we'll continue to support our BlackBerry 10 platform while expanding our device offering to include Android-based devices. We are focused on software updates for BlackBerry 10, with version 10.3.3 scheduled for next month, and a second update to follow next year.

Similar to many other device makers, we are changing the lineup of smartphones as we innovate and advance our portfolio. And, we are updating our smartphone lineup with state of the art devices. As part of this, and after many successful years in the market, we have informed our US carriers that the manufacturing cycle of only our BlackBerry Classic will cease. However, we have informed our customers to check with their respective carrier for device availability or purchase Classic unlocked online. We continue to actively support sales of our BlackBerry 10 smartphones to customers in most markets. And for customers choosing our Android device as their next smartphone, there will be a seamless transition without any compromise to the security of their mobile platform or operations.

We believe that being truly cross platform – which includes support for BB10, Android, iOS and Windows Phone – will allow us to best serve our customers across the world.
    07-01-16 03:42 PM
    From the article above .. "We are focused on software updates for BlackBerry 10, with version 10.3.3 scheduled for next month, and a second update to follow next year."

Ha!
    07-01-16 04:29 PM
    OK so only the Classic stopped. I thought the reason was they ran out of the memory or processor parts? Then how is the Leap continuing?
    07-01-16 04:39 PM
    OK so only the Classic stopped. I thought the reason was they ran out of the memory or processor parts? Then how is the Leap continuing?
    I thought the leap ended earlier?
    07-01-16 04:42 PM
    Then how is the Leap continuing?
    A lot of unsold stock?
    07-01-16 04:42 PM
    I can't figure out how a company like Foxconn runs out of parts.. Didn't they make the Classic?.. Its not like its made from rare precious metals that are hard to find..
    07-01-16 04:44 PM
    I can't figure out how a company like Foxconn runs out of parts.. Didn't they make the Classic?.. Its not like its made from rare precious metals that are hard to find..
    The Snapdragon S4 SOC is from 2012.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    07-01-16 04:47 PM
    It's very simple. They don't "run out of parts" - their customer (in this case Blackberry) simply tells them
    "we're not going to purchase any more of those parts". In this case parts for the Classic. Foxconn isn't
    going to make parts for a discontinued product forever.
    07-01-16 04:50 PM
    The Snapdragon S4 SOC is from 2012.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    Ah so its the processor.. Someone here told me about the parts thing from a while ago.. I searched but couldn't find any articles speaking about this.
    07-01-16 04:51 PM
    It's very simple. They don't "run out of parts" - their customer (in this case Blackberry) simply tells them
    "we're not going to purchase any more of those parts". In this case parts for the Classic. Foxconn isn't
    going to make parts for a discontinued product forever.
    Foxconn is the one making them, so your story would only work if BlackBerry is the one doing the manufacturing..
    07-01-16 04:53 PM
    Ah so its the processor.. Someone here told me about the parts thing from a while ago.. I searched but couldn't find any articles speaking about this.
    Chen mentioned it in the earnings call before last. He said "memory chips" or something but I would assume he meant they ran out of SoC's.
    07-01-16 04:57 PM
    I believe that Foxconn made the phones for BBRY - if they did then my statement is correct. If they only made certain parts and BBRY assembled the phone then you are correct. Either way, the Classic (what a shame) is discontinued so the point is moot. I'm buying another
    Gebo likes this.
    07-01-16 05:01 PM
    Chen mentioned it in the earnings call before last. He said "memory chips" or something but I would assume he meant they ran out of SoC's.
    Well it could be the LPDDR2 as well. Not necessarily "ran out" but the source became cost prohibitive to procure and continue to build them after their own inventory ran out.
    07-01-16 05:02 PM
    Why spend money on current products before they release new lines of phones?..... doesn't make sense. Now u get the resent drop in phone prices across the board

No Shade Just Light!!! Z30 10.3.2.2639
    07-01-16 05:04 PM
    Yes, that's what I meant. if the ultimate customer (BBRY) discontinues the phone or is only
    willing to buy a small quantity the cost to Foxconn or other assembler becomes sky-high
    07-01-16 05:05 PM
    I believe that Foxconn made the phones for BBRY - if they did then my statement is correct. If they only made certain parts and BBRY assembled the phone then you are correct. Either way, the Classic (what a shame) is discontinued so the point is moot. I'm buying another
    Oh its a fact already that Foxconn made the Classic, no argument about that.. But how is such statement correct..
    their customer (in this case Blackberry) simply tells them we're not going to purchase any more of those parts". In this case parts for the Classic. Foxconn isn't going to make parts for a discontinued product forever.
    I think Foxconn would buy the parts directly from Qualcomm (If its a processor).. make the phones then hand them out to BlackBerry.. Why would BlackBerry tell them we're not going to purchase any parts?.. According to Appdeveloper.. Chen said they ran out of memory chips.. He didn't say we decided to call it a day..
    07-01-16 05:05 PM
    Reportedly BlackBerry 10 devices discontinued, BlackBerry reportedly inform Verizon and AT&T-screenshot-2016-07-01-15.18.25.png
    07-01-16 05:20 PM
    Well, there is some consolation that there is plenty of stock out there.. Its a Great phone.. It also defines BlackBerry's legacy.
    07-01-16 05:27 PM
    To make room for the next run of upgraded butt kicking Classic 2's. You guys just don't get it. It's so simple but you make it so hard.
    07-01-16 05:58 PM
    To make room for the next run of upgraded butt kicking Classic 2's. You guys just don't get it. It's so simple but you make it so hard.
    ...running Android.
    07-01-16 06:05 PM
    ...running Android.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe both. Yea, that's the ticket.

Wouldn't that make for an interesting marketing strategy? Hmm....

Everybody's happy. Imagine how much fun those products would be to sell (in addition to the new lines)!!!

The resurrection of Classic BB!

No sarcasm intended. Really....
    07-01-16 06:17 PM
195 ... 45678