Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe both. Yea, that's the ticket.

Wouldn't that make for an interesting marketing strategy? Hmm....

Everybody's happy. Imagine how much fun those products would be to sell (in addition to the new lines)!!!

The resurrection of Classic BB!

No sarcasm intended. Really....
    Dude, where have you been for the past several months.. It'll be running android.. Nothing is running BB10 anytime soon
    07-01-16 06:34 PM
    "Faith" is calling those things that be not as though they were.

Therefore, I'm believing for a new BB10 device being produced in the future. I'm believing BB10 continues to be upgraded with new features being added in the process. I believe BBRY will bring substantial returns in the next 5 years. I believe John Chen will not let us loyal BB10 fans down.

Really, I believe every word I just typed. I am not delusional. I'm walking by faith and not by sight.

Anyone care to agree with me?
    Wesboro Baptist Church also doesn't consider themselves crazy and call themselves faithful too.
    kvndoom, Ronindan and techvisor like this.
    07-01-16 07:21 PM
    If the rumors that 10.3.3 is killing sideloading are true, then software updates might as well have hit a standstill too.

If you think about it, it's strange that they'd update OS10 with these security updates. No more BB10 hardware means no new corporate and government clients for BB10. Everyone currently using the devices is doing so because the current security certs is adequate enough. Why improve security further while crippling functionality? You're not gaining new customers for the platform with these updates, it's a dead platform.
    Depending on the pilot phase, you sometimes get some requirements waived. To go FOC, all the boxes need to be checked.

This may not be for new customers as much as getting the old stock sold as replacements to the existing customers.
    07-01-16 08:21 PM
    Wesboro Baptist Church also doesn't consider themselves crazy and call themselves faithful too.
    Toni, Toni...people can have faith in all sorts of things. Some had faith in Cleveland and some had faith in the Celtics. Some I'll agree with and some I won't. However, just because some people make fun of my faith, that won't lessen my faith. What I am believing for is quite a bit different than your reference to some church. One's evil and the other seems to have a lotta good attached to it.

I'm guessing you aren't agreeing with me?
    07-01-16 09:07 PM

Toni, Toni...people can have faith in all sorts of things. Some had faith in Cleveland and some had faith in the Celtics. Some I'll agree with and some I won't. However, just because some people make fun of my faith, that won't lessen my faith. What I am believing for is quite a bit different than your reference to some church. One's evil and the other seems to have a lotta good attached to it.

Someone really should get a license from CBS and start a show called "BB10 Diehards Say the Darndest Things."
    Ronindan, MikeX74 and techvisor like this.
    07-01-16 09:46 PM
    Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe both. Yea, that's the ticket.

Wouldn't that make for an interesting marketing strategy? Hmm....

Everybody's happy. Imagine how much fun those products would be to sell (in addition to the new lines)!!!

The resurrection of Classic BB!

No sarcasm intended. Really....
    Been down that rumor road. It's long and boring at this point. It's never happening.
    07-01-16 09:56 PM
    How did The Church get into this false report???

And who's to judge another just because it doesn't jive with someone else's beliefs?

A long long time ago in a different world... (the 60's) I tuned in, turned on and dropped out.
    I'm now 65 and in all this time I've never had any thoughts of looking for the off switch. I had a moment of clarity once and it scarred the heck outa me.

You can believe whatever you want and spend your life searching for the answer. And, the answer IS out there, but the guy with the envelope ain't talking except to say:
    you'll get your answer when you reach your destination and not a moment sooner, so quit asking and enjoy the journey.!!
    07-01-16 09:57 PM

Chen said there will be no upcoming BB10 devices.. All Android for now.. However he hasn't ruled it out 100%.. So Maybe if they sell the mid-range devices, they'll think about a BB10 device.. But that's very unlikely mate.. For a variety of reasons that should be obvious to everyone and so I won't go into them.. There are around 20/25 Million BlackBerry users, I've no idea how much of them are BB10, but I'm guessing a lot, because I can't see lots of people carrying OS7 or OS6 devices nowadays.. Maybe when he is profitable and in a good position, he can release something to the BB10 fan base.. Like other companies do Win10 devices while they're doing android Mainly..

The fact that he didn't rule it out 100%, leaves some small room for speculation, But in my opinion I just can't see it happening..

Now this is the the way things are.. Based on what he said and BlackBerry's current situation.. No Faith & No BS..

Meanwhile, Enjoy your BB10.. they're still supporting it and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. No one can criticize you for sticking with it.. Its just that the pink dreams are not so useful..
    07-01-16 10:01 PM
    I remember blackberry had stated that they will be introducing one unconventional device in the market every year. Last year it was Priv, this year? hoping for something new apart from the leaked renders of upcoming devices

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 11:09 PM
    I remember blackberry had stated that they will be introducing one unconventional device in the market every year. Last year it was Priv, this year? hoping for something new apart from the leaked renders of upcoming devices

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the Rome will be too tall to fit in your pocket, here is your unconventional device
    TgeekB and john_v like this.
    07-01-16 11:31 PM
    Well it's not surprising but I still hope and wish that company revives from this bad phase and releases smartphones in future. There is smartphone experience and then there is Blackberry experience and it has been awesome for me. Though I use Android now but it's not way close to Blackberry experience.
    07-02-16 03:41 AM
    In other news, there are unconfirmed reports that Sony is discontinuing Betamax.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    07-02-16 07:58 AM

People didn't have faith in Cleveland when LeBron left for Miami. Their fan base dropped massively and only returned when LeBron came back. They had faith in Cleveland upon his return because they had the best player in the world (and one of the best of all time) on the team. Having faith in BB10 is like having faith in the Cavs without LeBron, which is fine, but the team will go no where.

Blackberry has no LeBron.
    Last edited by donnation; 07-02-16 at 09:48 AM.
    TgeekB and techvisor like this.
    07-02-16 09:13 AM
    In other news, there are unconfirmed reports that Sony is discontinuing Betamax.

No way!
    Ronindan likes this.
    07-02-16 09:32 AM

But why! Beta is so much more efficient and productive than VHS!

Sony should have advertised it more, and paid studios to make Beta release. It's a shame that lying crooked JVC enlisted the man to keep us professional cameramen down!
    07-02-16 10:53 AM

Sony should have advertised it more, and paid studios to make Beta release. It's a shame that lying crooked JVC enlisted the man to keep us professional cameramen down!
    Sony has a secret plan to come out with a recorder that can record and play both Betamax and VHS!

They call it the HyperDeck (TM)
    Uzi, JeepBB, anon(9188202) and 6 others like this.
    07-02-16 11:19 AM

JVC... could it be "John VHS Chen"??

I KNEW IT!
    I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!!

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    07-02-16 11:27 AM
    No not true the company said go to crackberry
    07-02-16 05:54 PM
    I suspect the 'pop-up store' is a small store space BlackBerry have rented, and it will 'pop back down' as soon as the remaining inventory is sold off.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    07-02-16 05:59 PM

No worries in this neck of the woods.

I've got enough parts to keep my Frankentech creation of an 8 track player grafted onto a Betamax going for another 20 years.
    werner69 likes this.
    07-03-16 10:16 AM
    Official statement from blackberry. Only classic has stopped production. http://m.pocketnow.com/2016/07/03/bl...b10-device-out
    07-03-16 08:52 PM
    Yawn...who effing cares? My desk full of BB10 devices ceased to be tools and became toys. Even if you stand in place, you're still falling backward as everyone leaves you behind..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-03-16 08:56 PM
    Yawn...who effing cares? My desk full of BB10 devices ceased to be tools and became toys. Even if you stand in place, you're still falling backward as everyone leaves you behind..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Just pointing out the official statement from blackberry. Which thread are you in?
    07-03-16 09:37 PM
    Its interesting how some BlackBerry users diss BB10 after they move to Android.. I bet before that they were saying BB10 until we die.. and living the whole die-hard fans story.
    07-03-16 09:40 PM
    Official statement from blackberry. Only classic has stopped production. BlackBerry Classic only BB10 device out of production, company says | Pocketnow
    The last BB10 device "in production" was the run of PPSEs over a year ago. It only takes a few weeks to make enough of them for a year or more worth of sales at the rate BB is selling, so that's exactly what happens.

Manufacturing production lines are EXPENSIVE, and they must be running at or near full speed as often as possible to make a profit. The way that happens is that a line is converted over to a new product, which may take a week or two of installing new dies and parts and such, and then tweaking out the machines to make them work reliably, then the line is run until enough of that product is made. Now, if you're Apple or Samsung, and sell many millions of each phone, you might need to run production lines continuously for the first few months after a launch, but if you're BB, you only need a couple of weeks out output. Then, the manufacturer will switch that line over to make some other phone, to keep the production line running.

What BB was *really* saying here is that they couldn't even make more Classics if they wanted to, because the components to make them are no longer available. The S4 Plus SoC that BB was using only works with a specific memory module that is no longer available, and no more will be made because it's an obsolete product at this point. That means none of the models made with that SoC (Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Classic, Leap) can be manufactured anymore, because they all used the same components (well, the Z30 used a different model from the same family).

This isn't exactly new information either, nor should anyone be surprised. The S4 line debuted in 2012. It's 2016, and smartphone parts just don't have that long of a shelf life - they've been obsoleted by newer, better, cheaper products. And, yes, that means no more Galaxy S3s or Nexus 4s either...
    07-04-16 01:32 AM
195 ... 5678