I don't think the PRIV was as much of a failure as what some media makes it out to be. .
    Bbry own quarterly results are enough to tell you it was a failure.
    JeepBB and PantherBlitz like this.
    07-01-16 09:40 AM
    Bbry own quarterly results are enough to tell you it was a failure.
    Sales numbers say the Priv launch did absolutely nothing to slow the decline in BB sales. I find the idea very odd that they are implying BB10 sales decreased at the exact same rate as adoption of the Priv. I find it all unlikely and think the sales figures are very misleading.
    07-01-16 10:18 AM
    Sales numbers say the Priv launch did absolutely nothing to slow the decline in BB sales. I find the idea very odd that they are implying BB10 sales decreased at the exact same rate as adoption of the Priv. I find it all unlikely and think the sales figures are very misleading.
    Misleading in what way? The numbers are what they are unless you think BB is lying? I really doubt they are.

I do wish they would stop being so coy and just break down Android vs BB10. That's a crucial transition metric and being evasive about that only adds risk to investors. This benefits nobody, IMO.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-01-16 10:28 AM
    The opening of the pop up store here in New York this month goes against this thought.

If they discontinued all bb10 devices why not just sell the rest via shopBlackBerry and be done with it.

Posted via CB10 on My BlackBerry Passport SE Running 10.3.2.2876
    Trying to dump the remaining stock. I guess.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 10:33 AM
    Its been know for a while that Blackberry have been moving towards Android devices and a overall software company. Im still hoping to win a Passport SE from Crackberry or possibly pick one up on sale before they are all gone. Such a lovely collectors item. I would use it till the last day Blackberry supports it. Love my Blackberry 10 and it will be sadly missed.
    Let me know if you find one for $75. I'll grab one in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 10:39 AM
    Ouch! We can only hope that BlackBerry doesn't discontinue the PlayBook� too!

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    kvndoom and JeepBB like this.
    07-01-16 10:52 AM
    The email is starting to be reported by other sites as well. Senate says goodbye to the BlackBerry, at last - POLITICO
    As long as ShopBlackberry is still selling it, there is really no way of knowing for certain whether or not a given model has been officially discontinued and out of production.

Speaking about truth vs illusion...the exact intent of articles like this is to sensationalize the issue and have the reader infer that ALL BB10 models (not just certain carrier variants) have been discontinued...and yet the only 'evidence' provided is an email that refers to AT&T and Verizon only, not to mention half the models on that list that are known to be out of production for some time already.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    07-01-16 11:32 AM
    Various DOC agencies have also just announced that they will officially end BlackBerry support in the September to December 2016 timeframe - meaning all issued BlackBerrys must be turned in and replaced with iPhones etc by the end of the year.
    cribble2k likes this.
    07-01-16 11:39 AM
    Various DOC agencies have also just announced that they will officially end BlackBerry support in the September to December 2016 timeframe - meaning all issued BlackBerrys must be turned in and replaced with iPhones etc by the end of the year.
    Happy Canada Day!

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-01-16 11:41 AM
    WhatsApp dropped Blackberry. Facebook dropped Blackberry.
    No, they did not. Both work just fine on the Priv, Hamburg, and Rome.
    07-01-16 11:43 AM
    No, they did not. Both work just fine on the Priv, Hamburg, and Rome.
    Lol
    Really?

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-01-16 12:09 PM
    Misleading in what way? The numbers are what they are unless you think BB is lying? I really doubt they are.

I do wish they would stop being so coy and just break down Android vs BB10. That's a crucial transition metric and being evasive about that only adds risk to investors. This benefits nobody, IMO.
    I wouldn't say lying but possibly using invalid sources or misleading wording. That is just my opinion obviously though. The numbers just seem awfully suspicious.
    07-01-16 12:17 PM
    Lol
    Really?

Yep. WA and FF are all about dat 'Droid.
    07-01-16 12:42 PM
    There's more of 'us' (and significantly more people still on BBOS) than there are Privvy users.

And by the looks of things, the number of Privvy users is not increasing by very much, on a quarterly basis

But in all seriousness, if BlackBerry can only continue to survive producing QWERTY devices on Android platform, so be it. I do personally think Android is a horrible to use OS, which both looks and performs like crap.
    Asvertus likes this.
    07-01-16 01:15 PM
    As long as ShopBlackberry is still selling it, there is really no way of knowing for certain whether or not a given model has been officially discontinued and out of production.

I monitor ShopBlackBerry on a regular basis (sad I know) - the UK store had Q5s in stock for a long time and then they suddenly disappeared. They are definitely dropping models as soon as the stock is gone. If there's to be no more production, OS 10 models will start disappearing from ShopBlackBerry over the next few months.
    07-01-16 01:17 PM
    I monitor ShopBlackBerry on a regular basis (sad I know) - the UK store had Q5s in stock for a long time and then they suddenly disappeared. They are definitely dropping models as soon as the stock is gone. If there's to be no more production, OS 10 models will start disappearing from ShopBlackBerry over the next few months.
    They do not seem to have fixed the trick where you can put in high numbers to work out stock - the UK store seems to have about 60 classic in stock..
    07-01-16 01:37 PM
    I call bull in this one. It could be true but the "email" has a quite glaring error no one has noticed

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 01:38 PM
    Rapidmobile.biz? What's that? Never heard of them. Is that a valuable source? Guess they are not.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 01:54 PM
    I call bull in this one. It could be true but the "email" has a quite glaring error no one has noticed

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever worked in Government? Practically every email that goes out has glaring errors.
    07-01-16 01:55 PM
    Rapidmobile.biz? What's that? Never heard of them. Is that a valuable source? Guess they are not.

Posted via CB10
    They weren't the first to report it. They're just relaying it. - In Senate, Blackberry Era Officially Over | bomble.com <-- First to post it.
    07-01-16 01:57 PM
    They weren't the first to report it. They're just relaying it. - In Senate, Blackberry Era Officially Over | bomble.com <-- First to post it.
    Plus, these guys http://www.cnet.com/news/congress-di...nate-staffers/ also reported it.

07-01-16 02:00 PM
    I wouldn't say lying but possibly using invalid sources or misleading wording. That is just my opinion obviously though. The numbers just seem awfully suspicious.
    These are required filings to investors. To use invalid sources or misleading wording would be an extremely serious criminal offense.

So you might consider the possibility that what they are reporting is just the truth, as required by law, even if it may not be pleasant to read.
    TGR1, JeepBB and TgeekB like this.
    07-01-16 02:10 PM
    These are required filings to investors. To use invalid sources or misleading wording would be an extremely serious criminal offense.

So you might consider the possibility that what they are reporting is just the truth, as required by law, even if it may not be pleasant to read.
    People love a conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 02:12 PM
    This is CrackBerry, anything that doesn't fit into the echo chamber is paid FUD.
    JeepBB and Ronindan like this.
    07-01-16 02:37 PM
    OK! So it DOES look pretty dismal BUT

"While many think that BlackBerry should give up smartphones altogether, BlackBerry CEO John Chen is pretty adamant that this will not happen until every single avenue has been explored."

It ain't over until Chen Says it's over. And he still hasn't said it.

For me, knowing "BlackBerry Support will continue " is enough to make me happy and continue to use my Passport for as long as it IS supported.
    I'm not a diehard fan of any platform, I just happen to love the way BB10 runs for my needs.

And that's the key! Find a device that works for YOUR needs.... instead of putting you insecurities or ego about what others may think above what YOU want.
    07-01-16 02:43 PM
195 ... 34567 ...