I got the Priv for personal and passport for work. I'll be reppin BlackBerry for a while longer! Now give me link and blend for droid and I'm all in for BlackBerry for a very long time.

my first foray into droidlandia
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-30-16 06:57 PM
    I got the Priv for personal and passport for work. I'll be reppin BlackBerry for a while longer! Now give me link and blend for droid and I'm all in for BlackBerry for a very long time.

Oh yes, very much. Link for local backups, RFA and Blend for desktop. I really hope they make that priority.
    06-30-16 07:08 PM
    Nothing like some fake news to pour some water on BlackBerry's pop up store promotion...no matter how trivial.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-30-16 07:11 PM
    If you like the Z30, I don't understand why you wouldn't consider buying backups if you like the device. eBay has several listings, and at a much better price unlocked than any new replacement phone.

blackberry z30 | eBay
    He should wait for a little while until it goes under $100, then start hoarding xD.
    06-30-16 07:11 PM
    I'm so sad about this.

Blackberry needed to work on development of apps...years ago...to keep up with consumer demand of a fully functional smartphone. Young pups don't want a phone that they cannot have the apps their friends have. WhatsApp dropped Blackberry. Facebook dropped Blackberry.

I got rid of my Samsung flip phone in 2005 to take the plunge into Blackberry with the 8830 World Edition on Verizon. When my apps on that phone stopped being supported, I switched to the Z30 in 2014. Best purchase ever. The BB10 operating system is so underrated. But the lack of apps keeps people away. You cannot get your foot back into the market share if you don't get young folks in on it. iPhone and Android are not secure, but it's very functional in an app obsessed consumer market. Oh well. It takes vision to keep up with the competition, and I believe Blackberry never took the youth seriously enough to cater to their needs.

I'll keep using my Z30 as long as the operating system is supported. I at least hope they will continue to support us, even if they turn to primarily software.
    06-30-16 07:19 PM
    Nothing like some fake news to pour some water on BlackBerry's pop up store promotion...no matter how trivial.

I doubt anyone felt compelled to make up a fake news story to counter Blackberrys pop up store in NYC which will probably not sell enough devices to stay open long. No one would waste their time.
    JeepBB and MikeX74 like this.
    06-30-16 07:20 PM
    This discontinue story, for me, does not really add up considering the fact that 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 OS10 versions are on their way. These, I understand, have Extra security certification for US DOD and others. Doing this for discontinued devices does not make any sense to me.
    06-30-16 07:57 PM
    This discontinue story, for me, does not really add up considering the fact that 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 OS10 versions are on their way. These, I understand, have Extra security certification for US DOD and others. Doing this for discontinued devices does not make any sense to me.
    Hardware is discontinued. Software support will continue beyond that for existing devices.
    06-30-16 08:03 PM
    Unfortunately, 50% of the phone is taken up by a keyboard 100% of the time.
    I agree with that and prefer the Z30...but if you are looking to be a bitter clinger and hang on long into BB10s unsupported appless future and use the thing as a talk/text feature phone, it works well.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 08:14 PM
    Hardware is discontinued. Software support will continue beyond that for existing devices.
    If the rumors that 10.3.3 is killing sideloading are true, then software updates might as well have hit a standstill too.

If you think about it, it's strange that they'd update OS10 with these security updates. No more BB10 hardware means no new corporate and government clients for BB10. Everyone currently using the devices is doing so because the current security certs is adequate enough. Why improve security further while crippling functionality? You're not gaining new customers for the platform with these updates, it's a dead platform.
    06-30-16 08:15 PM
    If the rumors that 10.3.3 is killing sideloading are true, then software updates might as well have hit a standstill too.

If you think about it, it's strange that they'd update OS10 with these security updates. No more BB10 hardware means no new corporate and government clients for BB10. Everyone currently using the devices is doing so because the current security certs is adequate enough. Why improve security further while crippling functionality? You're not gaining new customers for the platform with these updates, it's a dead platform.
    I doubt the rumours are true.

They're updating for NIAP certification to keep existing BB10 customers legal while they transition to Android / software only is my guess. And they're doing it to keep those customers while they transition, imho.
    06-30-16 08:57 PM
    I doubt anyone felt compelled to make up a fake news story to counter Blackberrys pop up store in NYC which will probably not sell enough devices to stay open long. No one would waste their time.
    Yeah, one would think so. Then again, why should we trust 'Rapid John" or believe that a Senate staffer is sharing government emails with him? And why does the text of the word 'Passport' within this alleged body of government email text, contain a hotlink to the rapidmobile.biz website?

06-30-16 09:32 PM
    Yeah, one would think so. Then again, why should we trust 'Rapid John" or believe that a Senate staffer is sharing government emails with him? And why does the text of the word 'Passport' within this alleged body of government email text, contain a hotlink to the rapidmobile.biz website?

The email is starting to be reported by other sites as well. Senate says goodbye to the BlackBerry, at last - POLITICO
    06-30-16 11:25 PM
    The software was in maintenance mode for quite a while now..They said they'll be going android in devices from longtime ago.. So Nothing has changed.. I don't know why some people are freaking out.. They'll still support it with security updates for quite a while.. You can still buy the devices.. You've some good choices in the Classic & Passport.. And its not like they're 5 years old..

For people who say my BlackBerry days are over, and I'm selling my devices and all that crap.. What has changed really.. Why didn't you sell them from a few months..

Keep using your BB10 devices guys, Nothing changed that you don't know about already..
    Well, something is slowly changing actually. My phone that used to fly is now starting to lag and stutter. New accessories come out for other devices that will never work with my BlackBerry. Snap used to be my answer, now I can't get it to work. Apps are disappearing.

I used to be someone who didn't need all that, willing to do a workaround. Now the workarounds are getting time consuming, a lot only lead to partial functionality. I'm not going to sell my Passport, but I'm definitely going to buy an Android to use alongside it.

I hung in there. I bought a Z10 a Q5 and a Passport waiting for BB10 to catch on. When you're beat you're beat.

Posted via CB10
    nappalonia and cribble2k like this.
    06-30-16 11:28 PM
    I hung in there. I bought a Z10 a Q5 and a Passport waiting for BB10 to catch on. When you're beat you're beat.

Posted via CB10
    Go For a Priv, Its just $300 or the hamburg when it goes on sale..
    06-30-16 11:33 PM
    Wow. There is literally no new information here that we haven't known for months.

And yet people are reacting as if it's a bombshell.

Blackberry stopped production a while ago of the AT&T and Verizon BB10 phones because there was no demand for more from the carriers.

This is just an official notice to US Senate staffers from their support team so that, if they want a new BB10 phone, they need to put in a request while the office still has stock on hand.

Anyone still looking for a BB10 phone should either buy one now or be prepared to buy a pre-owned one later. I would hope 99% of people here knew that already.

Nothing more to see. Move along.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 12:43 AM
    LOL!

And I find it absolutely hilarious that someone said they are "old enough" not to worry about apps - such plain ignorance when considering the Medical, Aviation, Hospitality, Vehicle Dealership etc.... Industries rely on apps.
    07-01-16 12:52 AM
    Yikes! Can't say I'm surprised but if true let the anger ensue!

While many government bodies in a lot of countries have been giving up BlackBerry smartphones, what sticks out in the email is the following part:

�BlackBerry has informed Verizon and AT&T that production of all BlackBerry OS 10 devices has been discontinued.�

While BlackBerry 10 phones will apparently no longer be produced, the email continues:

" BlackBerry device support will continue for the foreseeable future and that BlackBerry is committed to maintaining their support of existing devices to include uninterrupted warranty and technical support."

...and in other news, water is wet
    07-01-16 03:14 AM
    07-01-16 05:15 AM
    For those blaming Chen, BlackBerry killed BlackBerry well before he got there by ignoring where the market was heading. It's sad but not a surprise. I'm undecided as to where I will go next. BB10 is a great OS, but I most likely will head to Android, with or without BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 06:17 AM
    Well ...

Rather pleased that I chose to go with the Priv instead of a newer BB10 device when switching over to Verizon.
    07-01-16 06:37 AM
    Smells a bit fishy. I don't see the point of putting up a Pop Up Shop advertising a few BB10 devices and that crappy OS called Android on the Priv. They even have that banner at their last meeting showing their focus for the future and BB10 was listed on that list . I'll take this with a grain of Kosher Salt. It just doesn't make sense to me. But until officially see BlackBerry or a BlackBerry rep come out and say it, don't eat just anything someone feeds ya. It may be Poison. Ask Believe, Biv and Devo about it. They will tell ya.
    Reportedly BlackBerry 10 devices discontinued, BlackBerry reportedly inform Verizon and AT&T-agm-2.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 06:39 AM
    I need more Q10s! And probably a passport. I will be needing it in the future as I cannot afford to hoard them.
    Recently dumped a Q10, so have a night stand, two spare batteries, and a leather phone case.

Couldn't sell all that on eBay for a combined ten bucks.
    07-01-16 06:44 AM
    Smells a bit fishy. I don't see the point of putting up a Pop Up Shop advertising a few BB10 devices and that crappy OS called Android on the Priv. They even have that banner at their last meeting showing their focus for the future and BB10 was listed on that list . I'll take this with a grain of Kosher Salt. It just doesn't make sense to me. But until officially see BlackBerry or a BlackBerry rep come out and say it, don't eat just anything someone feeds ya. It may be Poison. Ask Believe, Biv and Devo about it. They will tell ya.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AGM-2.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	403230

Posted via CB10
    The first year co-op from Waterloo who made that slide must've been left off the email group that got the emails.
    07-01-16 08:05 AM
    "Faith" is calling those things that be not as though they were.

Therefore, I'm believing for a new BB10 device being produced in the future. I'm believing BB10 continues to be upgraded with new features being added in the process. I believe BBRY will bring substantial returns in the next 5 years. I believe John Chen will not let us loyal BB10 fans down.

Really, I believe every word I just typed. I am not delusional. I'm walking by faith and not by sight.

Anyone care to agree with me?
    07-01-16 09:16 AM
195 ... 23456 ...