I think they are remaking bb10 and Google work more together to se witch platform makes the most sales for BlackBerry. Now they have 3 phones coming out but I think they will make a better bridge between bb10 and Google so people maybe have more apps options so BlackBerry 10 will still be there
    It's all about making a new strategy getting on the streets like d
    They are doing now getting the people that's fed up with Apple and other phones usera

Posted via CB10
    No.
    Ronindan and JeepBB like this.
    06-30-16 03:07 PM
    The only thing it will accomplish is people helping people to wring out every last drop of those BB10 devices. Have you ever checked out the WebOs forum? Same thing will happen here.
    I dunno, this is a fun, active community, lots of discussion about Android and to a lesser extent iOS and Windows. I could see it continuing regardless of the future of BlackBerry mobile devices.
    06-30-16 03:11 PM
    My BlackBerry days are numbered........

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    My smartphone days are numbered...
    06-30-16 03:45 PM
    Shocked! (Falls to floor in disbelief)
    06-30-16 04:02 PM
    Nothing knew or unexpected. I'm a government employee within DOD and we are migrating to IPhones. This was totally expected.
    Oh crap. Now that you've told us, you have to kill us.
    06-30-16 04:11 PM
    well I'm for one going to sell my Z30 and classic I'm done.
    06-30-16 04:11 PM
    Shocked! (Falls to floor in disbelief)
    My grandmother used to say "Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather!".
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-30-16 04:15 PM
    Honestly, a bit saddened to read this, even though I have already moved to the PRIV. I really miss BB10 and bought a cheap Leap just to have it as an option.
    06-30-16 04:33 PM
    Honestly, a bit saddened to read this, even though I have already moved to the PRIV. I really miss BB10 and bought a cheap Leap just to have it as an option.
    I doubt most people are elated at the news, but it's been pretty much known for at least a year now that is was inevitable. BB10 was a great attempt by BlackBerry to stay with their own OS, and by 10.3.2 they did a really great job given the resources at their disposal. Unfortunately, it was too late to the market.

On the up side, they're staying with mobile in Android for now, and trying to bring over the BlackBerry Experience as best as they can. If you bought a Leap, presumably you're fine with all touch. So even if they abandon devices, the company seems to have a solid future in software and maybe you'll be able to purchase the BlackBerry software experience on Google Play in the near future.
    06-30-16 04:41 PM
    The software was in maintenance mode for quite a while now..They said they'll be going android in devices from longtime ago.. So Nothing has changed.. I don't know why some people are freaking out.. They'll still support it with security updates for quite a while.. You can still buy the devices.. You've some good choices in the Classic & Passport.. And its not like they're 5 years old..

For people who say my BlackBerry days are over, and I'm selling my devices and all that crap.. What has changed really.. Why didn't you sell them from a few months..

Keep using your BB10 devices guys, Nothing changed that you don't know about already..
    06-30-16 04:49 PM
    Don't worry, I'll be using my Z30 until the battery no longer holds a charge.

Then I'll source a cheap feature/flip phone to use. Not a snowball's chance in hell I'll use an iDroid.
    06-30-16 04:53 PM

Then I'll source a cheap feature/flip phone to use. Not a snowball's chance in hell I'll use an iDroid.
    The Z30 is a good phone. If you like it, maybe consider purchasing a backup or two, no need to drop down to a flip phone.
    06-30-16 05:01 PM

For people who say my BlackBerry days are over, and I'm selling my devices and all that crap.. What has changed really.. Why didn't you sell them from a few months..

Keep using your BB10 devices guys, Nothing changed that you don't know about already..
    People seem to be in different stages of mourning BB10. This thread moved a few into the anger stage? That's understandable, IMO.
    06-30-16 05:14 PM

We're not worried.
    john_v likes this.
    06-30-16 05:16 PM
    People seem to be in different stages of mourning BB10. This thread moved a few into the anger stage? That's understandable, IMO.
    Yeah when reality was written on paper, they seemed to move into freak out mode.. They had to tell the carriers they'll be discontinuing the devices, for people to understand what's going on.
    06-30-16 05:22 PM

Just buy a new battery instead of the flip phone
    john_v and TCB on Z10 like this.
    06-30-16 05:27 PM
    Yeah when reality was written on paper, they seemed to move into freak out mode.. They had to tell the carriers they'll be discontinuing the devices, for people to understand what's going on.
    And it makes sense. They can't release new BB10 devices with the runtime now that they've signed onto Android. At best they could take the Passport internals and release a pure BB10 refresh device for enterprise. But now that they've acquired Good Technology they're well placed to manage iOS and Android so what's the point. Better to rip off the band aid and be done, less confusion going forward.

...and fewer arguments about how if Android does well, they'll go back and update BB10.
    Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    06-30-16 05:31 PM
    And it makes sense. They can't release new BB10 devices with the runtime now that they've signed onto Android. At best they could take the Passport internals and release a pure BB10 refresh device for enterprise. But now that they've acquired Good Technology they're well placed to manage iOS and Android so what's the point. Better to rip off the band aid and be done, less confusion going forward.

...and fewer arguments about how if Android does well, they'll go back and update BB10.
    I think BlackBerry needs to heavily customize their UI in android to look more like BB10.. They must have a unique version of android to attract the BB10 diehards.. I still didn't see the Priv in reality, but I sure hope they've done some good work.. Hmmm.. this got me thinking, maybe I should go check it in a physical store.

I wouldn't mind a refreshed device for enterprise.. Or maybe an Android Passport later on, that would seriously sell if they manage it the right way.
    06-30-16 05:37 PM
    Just buy a new battery instead of the flip phone
    Point me to an authorized distributor of BlackBerry OEM replacement Z30 batteries and I'll do just that.

Ebay doesn't count.
    06-30-16 06:07 PM
    This is what they have been already saying for a while now. See the Merchant of Venice.

C0019C5BB

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    06-30-16 06:07 PM
    Point me to an authorized distributor of BlackBerry OEM replacement Z30 batteries and I'll do just that.

Ebay doesn't count.
    Yeah I don't think Ebay is an authorized distributor.. I didn't know Z30 batteries weren't being sold.. Okay Go ahead with the flip phone.
    ssbtech likes this.
    06-30-16 06:10 PM
    I wouldn't say you are in the minority...which is why Chendroid has been such a spectacular failure.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 06:29 PM
    A great last ditch BB10 device is the Q10 with its removable battery, screen, and good battery life compared to the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 06:32 PM
    A great last ditch BB10 device is the Q10 with its removable battery, screen, and good battery life compared to the Z10.
    Unfortunately, 50% of the phone is taken up by a keyboard 100% of the time.
    spARTacus likes this.
    06-30-16 06:34 PM
    Unfortunately, 50% of the phone is taken up by a keyboard 100% of the time.
    If you like the Z30, I don't understand why you wouldn't consider buying backups if you like the device. eBay has several listings, and at a much better price unlocked than any new replacement phone.

blackberry z30 | eBay
    06-30-16 06:50 PM
195 12345 ...