" FIN"

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 10:05 AM
    Some people will move on to android,ios or even windows but for me and I'm sure many others as long as I can continue to pick up blackberry devices if no longer new then 2nd hand I will, im old enough now not to be concerned over the latest apps etc for me so long as I can continue to use the phone as an email,text,and not forgetting making phone calls then I'm happy enough to keep stocking up on devices that will probably out last me.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 10:13 AM
    Some people will move on to android,ios or even windows but for me and I'm sure many others as long as I can continue to pick up blackberry devices if no longer new then 2nd hand I will, im old enough now not to be concerned over the latest apps etc for me so long as I can continue to use the phone as an email,text,and not forgetting making phone calls then I'm happy enough to keep stocking up on devices that will probably out last me.

Posted via CB10
    "many others"

06-30-16 10:37 AM
    The instant that the Priv was announced as an Android device BB10 became a legacy OS. Anyone who thinks that a tech company would attempt to offer two concurrent product lines knows little about how business operates.
    06-30-16 10:38 AM
    The instant that the Priv was announced as an Android device BB10 became a legacy OS. Anyone who thinks that a tech company would attempt to offer two concurrent product lines knows little about how business operates.
    To be fair Samsung has Tizen and LG has webOS. But not the point, BlackBerry does not have the resources to do so.
    anon(9742832) and 21stNow like this.
    06-30-16 10:43 AM
    The actual email is at bottom of article for anyone interested:

Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:56 PM
    Subject: BlackBerry Discontinuation

BlackBerry Discontinuation

BlackBerry informed Verizon and AT&T that production of all BlackBerry OS 10 devices (Q10, Z10, Z30, Passport, and Classic) has been discontinued. Future carrier order fulfillment will not be guaranteed due to limited remaining stock.

BlackBerry device support will continue for the foreseeable future. BlackBerry is committed to maintaining their support of our devices to include uninterrupted warranty and technical support. Once we have exhausted our current in-house stock, new device procurements will be limited, while supplies last, to warranty exchanges only.

As of June 29, 2016, our BlackBerry device stock levels are:

RIM Classic Verizon BlackBerry – 275
    RIM Z30 Verizon Black BlackBerry – 160
    RIM Classic AT&T BlackBerry – 45
    RIM Passport AT&T BlackBerry – 45
    RIM Z10 AT&T Black BlackBerry – 45
    RIM Q10 AT&T Black Blackberry – 40

For offices wishing to make the transition from BlackBerry devices to other platforms, Verizon has agreed to suspend eligibility upgrade requirements for users migrating to Samsung S6 Android devices. Additionally, the $0 16GB iPhone SE has been added to the Technology Catalog, although current eligibility upgrade and mandatory AppleCare+ requirements apply.

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Mobile Communications Services.
    howarmat and jegs2 like this.
    06-30-16 10:47 AM
    I need more Q10s! And probably a passport. I will be needing it in the future as I cannot afford to hoard them.

Will keep using bb10 till I can no longer find a device. If they apply the same bb10 experience to android powered BlackBerry devices (ui, messaging, efficient hub), then I might switch in the future. I'll know one when I see one. And unless I see one, it's gonna be bb10 all the way.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 11:09 AM
    I think that's way BB10 has been failing for a long time.

News about BlackBerry 10:
    1.) Week: No more apps for BlackBerry 10;
    2.) Week: Strong commitment to OS10 developer
    3.) Week: No Facebook
    4.) Week: Facebook works
    5.) Week: OS10 devices die
    6.) Week: Super-summer-deal for OS10 devices
    7.) Week: No more updates
    8.) Week: Pop-Up store
    9.) Week: No more OS10 devices.

This is ridiculous.
    From week to week you don't know what is gonna happen.

Why can't those tr0ll speak out the truth and the market can react?!
    Always half-backed informations that destroy hope in BlackBerry 10 and the try to rebuild hope.
    This is bs.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. No wonder the stock drops at anything to do with BlackBerry.

my first foray into droidlandia
    06-30-16 11:19 AM
    Yikes! Can't say I'm surprised but if true let the anger ensue!

While many government bodies in a lot of countries have been giving up BlackBerry smartphones, what sticks out in the email is the following part:

“BlackBerry has informed Verizon and AT&T that production of all BlackBerry OS 10 devices has been discontinued.”

While BlackBerry 10 phones will apparently no longer be produced, the email continues:

" BlackBerry device support will continue for the foreseeable future and that BlackBerry is committed to maintaining their support of existing devices to include uninterrupted warranty and technical support."

my first foray into droidlandia
    This is interesting for what it does not say...............who said what and were is the proof? I spoke to our AT&T company rep, who is a freind and she called corporate. The answer from them was this is news to us..............no letter or otherwise sent as of this date. BlackBerry has stopped production since they have more than ample stock for the foreseeable future........so who knows. This type of new does nothing but cause issues.....................for nothing.

Bottom line USE THE PHONE YOU LOVE UNTIL IT STOPS LOVING YOU!

Woof!
    06-30-16 12:26 PM
    Man, a lot of you sure are quick to assume that's even accurate. /s
    06-30-16 12:39 PM
    The end of BlackBerry is nigh. You can say all you want about the brand. If they do not have there own os it's just another phone. It's a shame I cam to BlackBerry because of bb10and was sick of Android and apple. I guess I am in the minority. But. I guess everything good come to an end because of miss management and stupid choices. Don't know what phone to get Maybe the LG g5. Maybe just a flip phone.

#luvmybb10os
    06-30-16 12:51 PM
    Maybe just a flip phone.

#luvmybb10os
    You show 'em!
    techvisor and anon(9803228) like this.
    06-30-16 12:55 PM
    Man, a lot of you sure are quick to assume that's even accurate. /s
    Which part. You think that BB10 devices are still rolling off the production line?
    06-30-16 12:58 PM
    Which part. You think that BB10 devices are still rolling off the production line?
    Nah. That would just be silly. Sorry, I added a sarcasm tag for you lol. I often forget sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.
    john_v likes this.
    06-30-16 01:02 PM
    There was a good (if wildly) optimistic article on BerryFlow saying that IF an upcoming Android device sold well, and if Governments had enough demand, we could see an occasional niche BB10 device. I don't think it's totally impossible...but would require each of those scenarios and likely others happening to make it worthwhile for BB.

Posted via CB10
    K3_Cubed likes this.
    06-30-16 01:13 PM
    The traitor Chen did it. Bye bye BlackBerry!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 01:16 PM
    I'll keep spinning 'false' hope, OB1.
    06-30-16 01:18 PM
    There was a good (if wildly) optimistic article on BerryFlow saying that IF an upcoming Android device sold well, and if Governments had enough demand, we could see an occasional niche BB10 device. I don't think it's totally impossible...but would require each of those scenarios and likely others happening to make it worthwhile for BB.

Posted via CB10
    Focus on "wildly".
    techvisor likes this.
    06-30-16 01:22 PM
    I bought another BB10 Passport SE three days ago from shopblackberry.com. When my current Passport SE dies, i will use new one then. After that it will be the Turing smartphone with the jolla sailfish 2.0 Os for me. Bye bye blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 01:24 PM
    Nothing knew or unexpected. I'm a government employee within DOD and we are migrating to IPhones. This was totally expected.
    06-30-16 02:02 PM
    What happens to bb10 if there are no more updates or apps? Calls, texts and emails??? I hope they work. Will they? What's the tentative time frame of bb10's survival ?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 02:37 PM
    To be fair Samsung has Tizen and LG has webOS. But not the point, BlackBerry does not have the resources to do so.
    Are they even sold on phones in North America? Other than some low-end Indian phones, smartwatches and Samsung (car/auto?) Connect, I'm not sure where one would even find Tizen. I know that LG is using WebOS for televisions.
    06-30-16 02:41 PM
    I think they are remaking bb10 and Google work more together to se witch platform makes the most sales for BlackBerry. Now they have 3 phones coming out but I think they will make a better bridge between bb10 and Google so people maybe have more apps options so BlackBerry 10 will still be there
    It's all about making a new strategy getting on the streets like d
    They are doing now getting the people that's fed up with Apple and other phones usera

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 02:52 PM
    What happens to bb10 if there are no more updates or apps? Calls, texts and emails??? I hope they work. Will they? What's the tentative time frame of bb10's survival ?

Posted via CB10
    Calls, texts and emails will work as long as the components within the phone work, and the battery. In theory, you could squeeze years more out of any BB10 device, including Android apps (at some point you'll have to stop updating though). I'm in Canada and I still see people out and about with BBOS devices like the Bold series. I have even seen the old BBOS slider, twice!

I'm waiting for the Rome to see what they do with the PKB. And maybe they'll have tweaked the BlackBerry software some more by then (improved it).
    06-30-16 02:53 PM
    Are they even sold on phones in North America? Other than some low-end Indian phones, smartwatches and Samsung (car/auto?) Connect, I'm not sure where one would even find Tizen. I know that LG is using WebOS for televisions.
    Well you said there's "no company with concurrent lines", so I just gave examples.

I did propose earlier BB10 could follow that model and be exclusive to specific contract project applications for high security niche, but apparently BlackBerry isn't quite interested in that route either.
    06-30-16 02:54 PM
195 1234 ...