BOLD 9000

Any diagnostic appreciated .........Bought a phone its been working fine...bit scruffy....so ordered a new housing..............

anyway replaced housing and wondering if ive damaged something

This is whats happening.....every so often.......too often as in its happening a lot grrrr the screen is going pixelated....the menu is going distorted and Lines / different colours all over so you actually cannot make heads or tail of anything then also screen going white................then at some point it just randomy will go back to display working perfect............. everything else on phone is fine so what is it ive done .........

have i fudged the circuit board or the screen........any ideas ,
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-26-11 at 09:47 AM. Reason: language!
    05-26-11 09:24 AM
    Sounds like a connection issue. I would check all the connections, plug ins etc to make sure their solid that you messed with during the housing replacement.

Tim
    05-26-11 09:34 AM
    tbh i ent got much clue with phones....hadnt intended on it being like this boo
    05-26-11 02:11 PM
    Ribbon cable connecting screen to board prob isn't in correctly. Its tuff to get it in if your a newbie at changing housings. I would recommend next time staying away from changing housings but for now just open up the phone (make sure NOT to crack any clips) and make sure that ribbon cable is in nice and snug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 07:15 PM
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-27-11 at 08:45 AM. Reason: fixed link
    05-26-11 09:55 PM
    That is a shame ...
    05-27-11 05:40 AM
    Hopefully you didn't damage something, and it's just a loose cable.
    05-27-11 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD