Yesterday I had to have my storm replaced. After I got home I found information for the previous owner on the phone. I called Verizon about this and they said it shouldn't happen that the phone shouldn't have been wiped. How many people don't even wipe their phones thinking Verizon will do this.
    11-13-09 06:42 PM
    when phones are refubed, they are rebuilt with new parts and wiped. thats messed up they let that fall through. i would bring it back.
    11-13-09 08:07 PM
    I've had to wipe quite a few BlackBerrys that were returned to Walmart. You would be surprised how many people willingly leave their personal information, address books, text messages, you name it on the phones they return.
    11-13-09 08:10 PM
    I've had to wipe quite a few BlackBerrys that were returned to Walmart. You would be surprised how many people willingly leave their personal information, address books, text messages, you name it on the phones they return.
    this is why anytime i sell or buy a used device, i nuke it first then re-load the OS.
    11-13-09 09:51 PM
    Follow up to the non wiped storm 1. A day after getting the refurbished phone I starting having issues with it. Rapid battery drain and most websites would only open partially. Back to the Verizon store to get another replacement. Naturally no replacement one is being shipped to my house.

On the way out I talked with the Manager. I explained to him about the non wiping of the phone. He said that it couldn't happen they take measure to not allow this to happen. I said guess again. He didn't want to hear it.

But if my 2nd replacement fails come and see him and they will talk upgrading to something different. Who wants a bet he doesn't remember the conversation?
    11-16-09 09:37 AM
    On my last storm refurb I found the last owners email address automatically got sucked into pandora when I downloaded it. I almost wanted to send the owner a email asking why the reason was for returning the phone, but I didn't want to be creepy (plus I didn't want the previous owner to worry that more info was on the phone). Nothing else was on the phone and even if there was I would wipe it any way .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 09:48 AM
    i had to return my first Bold because of a camera issue. i wiped the Bold in the store while waiting for my replacement just to make sure it was clean before it left my hands.
    it took a little longer than i expected but it felt good knowing my information would not be passed along.
    11-16-09 10:29 AM
    Yeah it is very important to wipe when you sell your phone or return it for a replacement. Its very easy to do, I just think the average person doesn't even think about it and puts their faith in their carrier thinking that they will take care of it for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD