is there anyway to renew the garmin mobile trial? It ran out before I got to use it for what I wanted to do.

Thanks
    12-22-08 04:27 PM
    Did you try emailing Garmin?
    12-22-08 08:40 PM
    no, was wondering if anyone knew of anything first
    12-22-08 08:48 PM
    Contacting Garmin would be your best bet but chances are slim they will allow another trial. They store the info from your phone to track the trial. I tried to get an extra trial once I was on vacation when mine ran out and they told me my only option was to purcase the license. Which I did and it is very well worth it. But maybe the will if you get the right rep. Good Luck
    12-22-08 09:31 PM
    Contacting Garmin would be your best bet but chances are slim they will allow another trial. They store the info from your phone to track the trial. I tried to get an extra trial once I was on vacation when mine ran out and they told me my only option was to purcase the license. Which I did and it is very well worth it. But maybe the will if you get the right rep. Good Luck
    Well they should be able to tell how much or how little you've used the service and if you haven't used it since installing it they'd be a bit silly to not be a bit flexible about it, especially with free-bees like amazegps.com cropping up.
    12-22-08 10:11 PM
    Ahh, thanks for your help.

I e-mailed them so I will let you know what they say.
    12-22-08 10:14 PM
    I have 3 Garmin Mobile for blackberry's I'm trying to sell that come with a 1yr. subscription to Garmin Mobile. I need to ask what device you use for the Garmin Mobile. I have the GPS 20SM. Is this the same that everyone else is talking about?
    12-25-08 07:35 PM
    im using the storm. But you won't be able to sell the activation codes because its only the life of that individual phone right?
    12-25-08 07:38 PM
    it's brand new; nothing has been used so the activation code is good. I didn't buy it thru my carrier so it can be used with any blackberry.
    12-26-08 03:25 AM
    Yeah, buy it!
    12-26-08 06:38 AM
    is there anyway to renew the garmin mobile trial? It ran out before I got to use it for what I wanted to do.

Thanks
    Downloading the Handango version should get you another 3 days. I don't recommend purchasing the Handango version, though. Garmin creates slightly diff versions for their vendors with branding and different validation on the garmin server.
    even though the garmin OEM TOS say there is no free software upgrade when the new version comes out, they are letting people do it for free. No such policy on the handango.
    12-27-08 12:42 AM
    Hmmm.... I downloaded the Handango trial and used my DM to install. I acts like it installs but does not show up on my Storm. Am I missing something? I wanted to try it before I bought it. Why would the Handango version be different? Thanks

Gary
    01-02-09 06:34 PM
    Look for it in the Downloads folder. It should be there.
    01-03-09 08:11 PM
    There are some free apps you can use for GPS. I have been using TelMap.

I tried the Garmin mobile and it couldn't keep up with me when I got off the route, took to long to update. I have a Garmin unit and it's much quicker then the mobile app.
    01-05-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD