How does one go about removing Voice Dialing? I need the extra space on my 8130. I looked into crack mem, but I am not updating my OS. I just want to get rid of Voice Dialing like I did on my previous pearl.

Thanks
    01-23-10 03:12 PM
    Best of my knowledge, there is only one way to do it. You need the software installed and the files CrackMem is made for.

It will not be an upgrade if you use the OS you have installed now. Just the VAD files are removed.
    01-23-10 03:52 PM
    How does one go about removing Voice Dialing? I need the extra space on my 8130. I looked into crack mem, but I am not updating my OS. I just want to get rid of Voice Dialing like I did on my previous pearl.

Thanks
    D (how's it going!), you need to have your current OS installed on your PC and DM. Go into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\(your OS name here)/java and remove all the file that have "net_rim_vad_XXXXX", just stick them in a new directory for safe keeping. Then launch DM and plug in your berry and it will prompt you that an update is available. Just let it go and it will remove the files and restart your berry. Anything else you want to get rid of will free up space also (preloaded wallpapers, videos, themes, etc). Enjoy and PM me if you need any help.
    01-23-10 04:05 PM
    Thanks SLURG. I will try this tomorrow afternoon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 10:09 PM
    you can also download the program called MaxMem. it has options to delete certain unnecessary phone apps to free up memory. one of the buttons you can click within the program is VAD, voice activated dialing. it will remove the cods for you.
    01-23-10 10:14 PM
    hmmmm. My bb is showing I have VAD but when I go in like SLURG said this is the only thing that mentions voice -net_rim_bb_voice.cod
    01-24-10 02:35 PM
    the cod files will be called VAD not voice as far as i know. just use the program maxmem, it will remove all the necessary cods.
    01-24-10 03:08 PM
    MaxMem is not the best idea if Vindeeloo uses DM. Since MaxMem only removes
    the file from the device DM will always want to put it back since it is still in the
    Java folder.

My suggestion would be Shrink-A-OS
    01-24-10 03:21 PM
    Ah true forgot about that.

01-24-10 03:53 PM
    Thanks AG. I will take a look at it. Oh, thanks for correcting my typo. I was fixin to ask you to fix it for me.

01-24-10 05:06 PM
    Any luck? Shink-A-OS should work also. Is Crackmem still floating around? That is a good one also.
    01-30-10 08:27 AM
    Haven't tried it yet. I updated to 8130/4.5.0.175 and as of this morning I have more memory than I have had in months.

01-30-10 08:53 AM
    Oh, BTW, when did pearls get to start updating the OS OTA? Boy was I surprised.

01-30-10 08:54 AM
    ......Your 8130 was updated OTA? Which carrier? I didn't know anyone was doing that. Since you updated OTA you should try maxmem as it will let you remove the modules directly on your phone.

By the way, how is winter going in the plains? We (BTW we moved to central NY) are sitting at -5 right now.....bright and sunny out though!

01-30-10 09:04 AM
    Wow! We have about 10 here with no ice. We moved to Oklahoma and I am teaching school - 2nd grade.

I have Verizon and found it by accident 2 nights ago and the update was painless - while I slept.

01-30-10 09:11 AM
    Vince moved? Wow..... Congrats on teaching, I am sure that is enjoyable. I was without a job in MI and found one in NY. Nice area but lacking family.

We tried verizon and it didn't work so well for us. I didn't know they were pushing OTA updates for anything but the Storm and Tour. Makes it really easy. I updated 2 nights ago, new Bold takes all of 20 minutes or so.

Let us know if maxmem helps you!

01-30-10 09:18 AM
    With the T2 supposedly coming out next week and the memory that suddenly appeared, I may just wait it out.

01-30-10 09:24 AM
    Hey, vindee! They added that capability when they updated to the 4.5 OS from 4.3. Not sure exactly which version added it, I saw it right after 4.5.0.131 with Sprint, and I'd heard that 4.5.0.77 had iit on VZW.

One thing you'll wanna watch for with that .175 is a loss of ringers/speaker. I see it occaisionally, and it happens on my wife's Pearl with the same OS. A Battery Pull fixes it until the next fault.

I'd used maxmem to remove my VAD some time ago. Doggone thing never worked properly, so it's one of the first things I ditch when updating an OS.

Glad to see you're doing alright, and off to more forums!

Last edited by BergerKing; 01-30-10 at 09:37 AM.
    01-30-10 09:35 AM
    D, if your going to get a T2 then don't worry about it. You will love the T2 if its anywhere near as good as the Bold2. Enjoy!

01-30-10 10:33 AM
    I am just waiting it out. I had decided to get a tour and Vince a pearl flip, then I read about T2. I decided Vince could wait.

01-30-10 01:59 PM
    The T2 will be worth the wait. The trackballs feels so clunky compared to the trackpad. Honestly, if they update the flip to be like the 9100 with a trackpad it will be a decent phonw, otherwise just get him a T2 also. Glad my wait was over, got my 9700 for free! Good luck!

01-30-10 03:21 PM
    Awesome! He doesn't want a tour. The only way I talked him into a BB is because it was a flip.

01-30-10 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD