I just got my new 9700 and it comes pre-loaded with a bunch of pics that are locked and I would like to delete them. Also, there are a few programs in my download folder that I can't seem to find a way to delete them. I'm only given the option to hide. Any suggestions/tips for removing the unwanted stuff will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    11-13-09 06:43 PM
    Look for a program called Blackberry Swiss Army Knife. It allows you to view all the installed files on your BB and can delete the ones you dont want.

You can download it here. RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][8/18/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.5
    Last edited by hondateg91; 11-13-09 at 07:09 PM.
    11-13-09 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I'm on a Mac and that's not going to work for me until I get to a PC on Monday. I seem to recall a program that would run from the BB itself. I can't remember the name.

Thanks again.
    11-13-09 07:18 PM
    In the mean time go to options>Advanced options>Applications and delete the apps you don't need.
    11-13-09 08:02 PM
    Make a new folder for the useless junk pushed by your carrier. Then there is not all the clutter in your useful folders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 08:30 PM
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I'm on a Mac and that's not going to work for me until I get to a PC on Monday. I seem to recall a program that would run from the BB itself. I can't remember the name.

Thanks again.
    Go to 'berrycoder.com' and download 'maxmem'. It'll help delete the preloaded pics, video, ringtones, voice activated dialing, etc.

11-14-09 02:06 AM
    Go to 'berrycoder.com' and download 'maxmem'. It'll help delete the preloaded pics, video, ringtones, voice activated dialing, etc.

i just used maxmen and my sample pictures that were locked didnt get deleted. BBSAK may be the only way to pull all files and delete them manually with a PC.
    11-14-09 02:40 AM
    i just used maxmen and my sample pictures that were locked didnt get deleted. BBSAK may be the only way to pull all files and delete them manually with a PC.
    I'm not sure. It works for me. I was using crackmem but that doesn't work sometimes. So I always use maxmem when crackmem doesn't work.

11-14-09 02:42 AM
    I'm not sure. It works for me. I was using crackmem but that doesn't work sometimes. So I always use maxmem when crackmem doesn't work.

nevermind, a reboot made it take effect. sorry. yea that deleted all sample pics.
    11-14-09 02:53 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. I've already deleted what I was able to using the regular procedures but there are still pics, very useless pics, that are locked and cannot be removed. The program I was looking for was MaxMem and I DLed, and tried to get the pics removed but it just didn't work.
    I'm wondering if a J-L Cmdr wipe and reinstall of the latest non-Tmo OS 5 will help? Anyway, thanks again for everyone that threw suggestions my way. All appreciated.
    11-14-09 10:14 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. I've already deleted what I was able to using the regular procedures but there are still pics, very useless pics, that are locked and cannot be removed. The program I was looking for was MaxMem and I DLed, and tried to get the pics removed but it just didn't work.
    I'm wondering if a J-L Cmdr wipe and reinstall of the latest non-Tmo OS 5 will help? Anyway, thanks again for everyone that threw suggestions my way. All appreciated.
    Did you make sure to reboot the device?

11-14-09 10:51 AM
    Yes I did. When I used MaxMem, it didn't even find any pics to delete.

Did you make sure to reboot the device?

11-14-09 10:53 AM
    use crackmem.....
    11-14-09 12:10 PM
    Yes I did. When I used MaxMem, it didn't even find any pics to delete.
    MaxMem was created to remove earlier Curve and Pearl models with 64 Mb memory.

The files that manage images changed with Bold and the 8900. Those models can be managed with Pete6's CrackMem. Check it out, it may work for yours too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    11-14-09 01:10 PM
    OK, I was able to get to a PC and install BBSAK. Now, how the heck do I get rid of the preloaded pics? I click on "read System" and a lot of stuff appears in the window that I'm totally unfamiliar with. Any help?

Thanks.

Look for a program called Blackberry Swiss Army Knife. It allows you to view all the installed files on your BB and can delete the ones you dont want.

You can download it here. RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][8/18/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.5
    11-14-09 09:47 PM
    you need to know the names of the pictures i think and do a "read system files" and manually delete them. just go online and find a place to download the program called MaxMem. install on your phone and it has a nice GUI where you just click one button and it automatically finds the sample pics and deletes them for you. no need to mess around with the system files. you dont wanna delete something wrong by accident.
    11-14-09 11:02 PM
    That is strange. I use MaxMem on my 8900, Tour and now my 9700 Bold an it removed all pictures that were stored on the phone.

11-15-09 07:25 AM
    I'm going to have to download and try again. I'm trying to hit this from every angle and I'm hitting walls.

That is strange. I use MaxMem on my 8900, Tour and now my 9700 Bold an it removed all pictures that were stored on the phone.

11-15-09 09:03 AM
    No go with MaxMem. DLed again and tried and it doesn't seem to work for me.
    I'd like to give CrackMem a try but when I start it, it asks me to choose an operating system. Seeing that that this is a new BB and Ive never done an OPS update I don't have anything on the list to choose from. What's the work around for that?

Thanks.
    11-15-09 09:38 AM
    Your current issue with CrackMem is that you do not have an OS installed on your
    PC, therefore it has nothing to point. Use the disk that came with your device
    to put the OS and Desktop Manager (if you need to) on your computer.
    11-15-09 09:44 AM
    Never thought to do that. I've always installed DM from the BB site. Going to give that a try and see if that helps. All suggestions are super appreciated.

Thanks!

Your current issue with CrackMem is that you do not have an OS installed on your
    PC, therefore it has nothing to point. Use the disk that came with your device
    to put the OS and Desktop Manager (if you need to) on your computer.
    11-15-09 01:48 PM
    Just did an install of DM from the included CD and CrackMem still doesn't see an OS. Another missed shot.
    11-15-09 02:04 PM
    I've been following this thread and decided to try this too. Here's what I did: googled MaxMem and downloaded to my phone. The program and icon can be found in the downloads folder on your phone. Click on the icon and follow all the prompts given. You will then be given a menu of choices and choose to uninstall preloaded wallpaper. Follow the prompts by clicking "yes" and the phone will reboot. After the restart, go to the preloaded wallpaper folder and double check that they are gone. Then delete Maxmem from your phone through apps as you would any other program. Worked well for me and gave me a good bump in memory.

11-15-09 03:34 PM
    Believe me, if MaxMem would have worked for me this thread wouldn't be at long as it is. I tried doing what you suggested a few times and got no where. But I'm a glutton for punishment so I will try again.

I've been following this thread and decided to try this too. Here's what I did: googled MaxMem and downloaded to my phone. The program and icon can be found in the downloads folder on your phone. Click on the icon and follow all the prompts given. You will then be given a menu of choices and choose to uninstall preloaded wallpaper. Follow the prompts by clicking "yes" and the phone will reboot. After the restart, go to the preloaded wallpaper folder and double check that they are gone. Then delete Maxmem from your phone through apps as you would any other program. Worked well for me and gave me a good bump in memory.

11-15-09 04:03 PM
    I tried again and failed again. But I have a feeling that I've been totally inaccurate with what I'm really looking to do. I guess instead of saying that I'm looking to delete "pictures" I should say that I'm looking to rid the BB of all the MyFaves icons and MyFaves frames. Perhaps this more accurate description will be more helpful.
    In either case, I again want to thank everyone that has posted their suggestions and tips. I totally appreciate the time and effort to help.
    11-15-09 04:51 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD