My BB Curve 8520 got a small and minor scratch on the screen. I was very careful with my phone but unfortunately it got a little knick.

I'm very protective of my phone and want the scratch gone; I want it gone. It is small, like I said, but it goes from the film into the LCD part of it a bit. It is really bothersome as I am fixated on my BB looking good.

Can anyone tell me anything they've done to remove scratches?

And a good screen protector to avoid other scratches from appearing?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 08:02 PM
    will be telling this to my dad
    =D
    05-18-10 08:17 PM
    =D
    I'm guessing (fingers crossed) your dad is some sort of BB expert or representative?
    05-18-10 08:31 PM
    a really good screen cover and a case I have the Ghost Armor on mine similiar to the invisble shield
    05-18-10 08:40 PM
    =D
    Lol ,why did he scratch his screen too? Hows telling your dad going to help ,

as far as removing the scratch hmm Idk maybe try some toothpaste (baking soda toothpaste) and lightly test a spot thats scratched just a guess , but go with a good screen protector as well from now on to
    Last edited by DavidNC; 05-19-10 at 06:36 AM.
    05-19-10 06:29 AM
    Toothpaste, very clean tight woven cotten cloth. scrub the area with the toothpaste being careful not to get in in any buttons. this will take a few hours. be sure to do it in circles and to clean the bb screen before hand.
    05-19-10 12:48 PM
    Toothpaste huh.?? Definately have to try that. Thanks, I was looking for a way to try and get rid of it, just hope it works(:

05-19-10 03:49 PM
    Do you have to use clear toothpaste? Or will the white paste work?
    05-19-10 04:38 PM
    Alright, so what kind of toothpaste and what kind of baking soda?

It will not damage the film or the screen right? It's more to the top, so there is a very, very small chance of it getting on the keys or anything like that.
    05-19-10 05:20 PM
    Alright, so what kind of toothpaste and what kind of baking soda?

It will not damage the film or the screen right? It's more to the top, so there is a very, very small chance of it getting on the keys or anything like that.
    I mentioned baking soda toothpaste because it seems grainier but you might want to try a smoother type of toothpastes first.I dont think it matters if its white or clear toothpaste tho , lol.

You could try the less abrasive type of toothpaste first and work your way to more abrasive if you have too and with a very clean tight woven cotten cloth,be sure to do it in circles and to clean the bb screen before hand.

I seen toothpaste mentioned before I have not had to do this but I dont think it will hurt the screen I would just use a dab ,lol not a whole bunch of it . And do a test spot to see how its gunno look too
    05-20-10 05:28 AM
    Toothpaste is used because it contains very fine grains of silicate that act as a polishing abrasive. It hasn't worked for me.
    DISPLEX - DISPLAY CARE & PROTECTION hasn't worked for me either.
    Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever will protect your BlackBerry and will hide scrathes on the screen.

05-20-10 07:19 AM
    I've heard Displex works, toothpaste, and a car polisher made by 3M, along with another car polisher that comes in a gold bottle...?

Which is the best? I'm worried if I try, I will make it worse.
    05-22-10 10:19 AM
    I have an update to add: I saw on a couple sites including this one that Armor-All works well with the light LCD scratches?

Can anyone confirm this?

I have the Armor-All Wipes, would that be good as well?

Thanks.
    05-22-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD