How do you prevent all of the carrier software from being installed on your phone? I have two "t-zones" web browsers, handango inhand, Web Link: Z Man Designs, some IM program, and face book. All on my main menu, obviously I use hide. How do I either delete them (they don't show up in the apps list) or prevent them from being installed?
    12-17-08 01:39 PM
    Goto options => Advanced options => Applications =>
    Use the menu button to delete the apps that you don't use or want to keep. Don't delete anything that you're not sure about !
    12-17-08 01:56 PM
    None of the programs I mentioned are in there.
    12-17-08 02:03 PM
    Well,
    You may want to try the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Application loader would reveal all the apps installed on the phone and allow you to add or remove apps at will.
    12-17-08 02:10 PM
    They don't show up on there either.
    12-17-08 02:22 PM
    They are installed by service books, your carrier decides which ones they will be forcing on you. You can delete them in Service Book Maintenance, but they will come back with every refresh.

Hide them and ignore them. They don't take up any serious amount of memory space.
    12-17-08 03:16 PM
    And where would I find the Service Book Maintenance?
    12-17-08 03:39 PM
    Options / Service Books
    12-17-08 04:03 PM
    Thank you that worked but they do reappear even after turning the phone off and back on. Is there a certain file/s that are in my computer that I can delete to prevent this from happening in the first place?
    12-17-08 04:49 PM
    Hide them and ignore them. They don't take up any serious amount of memory space.
    Reed's suggestion here is your best bet.
    12-17-08 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD