So, I've decided to trade in my nice monthly free-as-a-bird T-Mo FlexPay account for a 2-year postpaid commitment to same company so I can get a sweet deal on the BlackBerry 8900. Here's the potential problem: the BlackBerry 8800 I'm presently using was purchased from eBay and everytime I used Desktop Manager it would slap the 8800 with a locked firewall and terribly strict IT policy, probably because of the 8800's previous life on a BES. I always had to use JL_cmder to reset to factory, but I hated doing that because it wiped all my info. Plus I actually like using DM and Roxio for a few things.

So, now I'm getting my brand spanking new 8900, but here's my concern: I don't want the 8900 to inherit the firewall/IT policy issues the first time I try to connect it to DM. So, I'm going to uninstall DM, but I definitely want to reinstall after I remove all traces of the previous version. How do I make sure I remove DM so I can do a total reinstall for my new BB so it doesn't end up with the firewall when I connect to DM?

I know that I can always use JL_cmder (assuming it works with the 8900), but I'd really prefer my new BB and DM 5.0 to play nice, since I actually like how Roxio converts video.
    07-23-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD