How can I remove the Etisalat Logo on my startup screen? Can anyone help me? Im on a BB curve 8310.. Replies will be very much appreciated. Thanks!
    07-06-12 09:06 PM
    This is a process known as "debranding". If you do NOT know what you are
    doing it can completely render your phone useless.

For this reason, if you will wish to do this you are going to need to look this up on
    your own and proceed at your own risk.
    07-06-12 10:07 PM
    I don't believe you can as its part of the device firmware (not OS)
    07-06-12 10:07 PM
    This is a process known as "debranding". If you do NOT know what you are
    doing it can completely render your phone useless.

For this reason, if you will wish to do this you are going to need to look this up on
    your own and proceed at your own risk.
    Well..what do you know.

I tried to look this up a while back and every info I found said not possible.

Thanks for the info
    07-06-12 10:10 PM
    unbranding the 8300 series is possible. you will need to find the software, which chances are most download sites for it will be dead. i cant tell you the name of it because its considered warez or "pirated" software around here. but once you download the software, you will also need VSM files to write to the phone in order to unbrand it. honestly, ive done it before on a few 8310's before and it was a pain to read the instructions properly and make sure you had the correct VSM files. like i said, chances are, you wont find everything you need anyways and you do risk bricking the phone. just leave it as is.
    07-06-12 10:55 PM
    oh and one thing i learned, if you need to ask how to do something like this, you probably shouldnt do it. i spent hours upon hours of scouring the internet back in 2009, learning how to do it. theres alot to learn and know in order to get it done.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-06-12 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD