You can remove carrier IQ from your bb

This procedure will delete third-party applications from the BlackBerry smartphone:

On the BlackBerry smartphone, go to the*Options*menu (this may also be*Settings*>*Options).
    Complete the appropriate following step for the version of BlackBerry� Device Software:
    If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or earlier, go to*Options*>Applications.
    If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 4.7, go to*Options*>Advanced Options*>*Applications.
    If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 5.0, go to*Options*>Applications>*then select*Third Party.
    If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 6.0 or later, go to*Options*>Device*>*Application Management, or using*Universial Search*type*Application Management*select*Options*>*Application Management*and*highlight the application,*press*the*Menu*key and select*delete.*When prompted to restart the smartphone, select*Yes.
    If the application is not listed in the application list:

Display the menu (click the trackwheel or click the*Menu*button) and select*Modules.
    Select the software module to be deleted.
    Display the menu and select*Delete.
    For information on using the application loader tool in BlackBerry� Desktop Software, please see the BlackBerry Desktop Software User Guide found at*BlackBerry - Manuals and Guides.

BlackBerry users should look for an app called �IQ Agent.� Note that this procedure will work with any third-party application on your BlackBerry device, including Carrier IQ.

As seen on N4BB: How to Remove Carrier IQ From Your BlackBerry | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    12-15-11 03:37 PM
    Thanks for sharing the information and keeping this story at the forefront. It's been reported that in the case of T-Mobile these "IQ Agent" modules are buried in T-Mobile's "My Account" app.
    12-15-11 04:01 PM
    Does this apply to all BBs on T-Mobile or only from a certain year on?
    12-15-11 04:31 PM
    Does this apply to all BBs on T-Mobile or only from a certain year on?
    This is the list of the current device sold with it. Haven't seen anything about previous ones.

List Of Currently Sold T-Mobile Devices With Carrier IQ Software
    12-15-11 05:06 PM
    Very nice, thanks for sharing... it's good to know that it can be removed from Blackberry phones.
    12-16-11 06:47 AM
    You can remove carrier IQ from your bb

This procedure will delete third-party applications from the BlackBerry smartphone:

... If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 6.0 or later, go to*Options*>Device*>*Application Management, or using*Universial Search*type*Application Management*select*Options*>*Application Management*and*highlight the application,*press*the*Menu*key and select*delete.*When prompted to restart the smartphone, select*Yes.
    If the application is not listed in the application list:

Display the menu (click the trackwheel or click the*Menu*button) and select*Modules.
    Select the software module to be deleted.
    Display the menu and select*Delete.
    For information on using the application loader tool in BlackBerry� Desktop Software, please see the BlackBerry Desktop Software User Guide found at*BlackBerry - Manuals and Guides.

BlackBerry users should look for an app called �IQ Agent.� Note that this procedure will work with any third-party application on your BlackBerry device, including Carrier IQ.
    As seen on N4BB: How to Remove Carrier IQ From Your BlackBerry | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    Thank you, again. I checked mine, and there's no Carrier IQ app, and no IQ Agent module or anything resembling such.
    12-16-11 07:04 AM
    BlackBerry users should look for an app called “IQ Agent.” Note that this procedure will work with any third-party application on your BlackBerry device, including Carrier IQ.
    I do have one concern however. I found the referenced "removing third party apps" knowledge base article, but I can't find this quoted part in it or any mention of Carrier IQ in RIM's knowledge base. (I searched.) Could you please provide a link to a RIM article that mentions IQ Agent?
    12-16-11 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD