The 6 month free subscription runs out on the 17th April.
    After that it's €2.79 every 6 months.
    If you live in London, Dublin, New York, etc, that's less than a Cappuccino, but is sure to be seen as too expensive by some.
    I'm OK with that while there are still people there to talk to.
    04-07-20 03:00 AM
    The 6 month free subscription runs out on the 17th April.
    After that it's €2.79 every 6 months.
    If you live in London, Dublin, New York, etc, that's less than a Cappuccino, but is sure to be seen as too expensive by some.
    I'm OK with that while there are still people there to talk to.
    It's free for a year after subscription date. Yours ends April 17th, while mine ends on June 16th as I subscribed a bit later.
    I have no intentions of canceling my subscription either.
    04-07-20 05:38 AM
    Didn't whoever was in charge of BBM shut it down?
    04-07-20 06:43 AM
    Didn't whoever was in charge of BBM shut it down?
    Emtek walked away from their licensing deal with BlackBerry.... but BlackBerry took it back and switched things to BBMe and made it a subscription service. So for now it's still there....
    04-07-20 07:04 AM
    It's not expensive at all.

I just don't see the point of paying anything for BBM, as everyone I know has moved on.
    04-07-20 06:22 PM

I just don't see the point of paying anything for BBM, as everyone I know has moved on.
    It's infinitely more expensive than Signal or Telegram.
    04-07-20 06:23 PM
    and not as reliable...for me at least on iOS hardware

Posted via CB10
    04-07-20 08:18 PM
    I got mine, it gives everyone a 1-year free trial and then... dirt cheap per year.
    04-07-20 10:27 PM
    Emtek walked away from their licensing deal with BlackBerry.... but BlackBerry took it back and switched things to BBMe and made it a subscription service. So for now it's still there....
    I'm under the impression that Emtek only had a license for consumer BBM.
    BBMe is Enterprise which BlackBerry held onto and is a different product. BBMe has fewer features than the now defunct BBM consumer, but still works well. I have a lot of friends on BBMe and will pay for it.
    elfabio80, rarsen and Paulelmar18 like this.
    04-08-20 02:36 AM
    I am still using BBMe and yes it’s more expensive then the other alternatives, but I am still active in a couple of BBMe groups for now.

I also use Threema and so far I am liking the app. As far as BBMe goes, I will see how it goes and if our groups are still active next year, then I will keep my subscription.

It’s only $3 for six months and $6 for a year, so that’s not going to break the piggy bank.

I do like Threema philosophy of using a one time fee of $3 for the app, for what the app delivers and has good updates, it’s worth it.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    04-08-20 07:08 AM
    Where does the time go? Luckily no one I know ever signed up for it so I'm not renewing it.
    John Albert likes this.
    04-08-20 07:53 AM
    BlackBerry has also been updating BBMe since it was switched back. The latest update just happened this past week.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-12-20 09:58 AM

I am in several very active groups, myself.
    04-12-20 09:59 AM
    This is a case in point of how to make the competition's inexpensive product or service sound so expensive that it is completely unaffordable.
    "...infinitely more expensive..." lol.
    I count the people I keep in touch with on BBMe all over the world to be worth it, not least during the COVID-19 quarantine.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-12-20 10:10 AM
    This is a case in point of how to make the competition's inexpensive product or service sound so expensive that it is completely unaffordable.
    "...infinitely more expensive..." lol.
    I count the people I keep in touch with on BBMe all over the world to be worth it, not least during the COVID-19 quarantine.
    Was my smiley face not big enough? You didn't like my divide by zero joke?

And let's not be ridiculous and make a silly app discussion about Covid-19.
    Last edited by conite; 04-12-20 at 10:28 AM.
    04-12-20 10:17 AM
    I agree BBM e is cheap. Not sure why but connects with my family still on bb10 with them not needing to do anything
    I will renew when my free ends
    04-12-20 11:03 AM
    can I renew with Google pay or need my cc?
    04-12-20 11:05 AM
    I agree BBM e is cheap. Not sure why but connects with my family still on bb10 with them not needing to do anything
    I will renew when my free ends
    That's what is supposed to happen. No need to do anything on BB10.
    04-12-20 11:16 AM
    Was my smiley face not big enough? You didn't like my divide by zero joke?

And let's not be ridiculous and make a silly app discussion about Covid-19.
    First of all, the smiley face looked like a big smug smile.
    Second of all, in all seriousness, it is anything but silly to be in contact with people who are in need and experiencing hardship during this time. BBMe has been a wonderful communication tool for some of my contacts who are quarantined. Worth every penny if it were even for just one such person. But there are many.
    04-12-20 11:18 AM
    First of all, the smiley face looked like a big smug smile.
    Second of all, in all seriousness, it is anything but silly to be in contact with people who are in need and experiencing hardship during this time.
    You can be using any number of apps to contact people - including sms.

So BBMe has nothing to do with Covid-19. It's poor form to be using that as an argument either for or against.

If you're going to open that door, you can debate that by yourself. I'll just stick to discussing the pros and cons of the app itself.
    John Albert likes this.
    04-12-20 11:21 AM
    You can be using any number of apps to contact people - including sms.

So BBMe has nothing to do with Covid-19. It's poor form to be using that as an argument either for or against.

If you're going to open that door, you can debate that by yourself. I'll just stick to discussing the pros and cons of the app itself.
    For you it is only cons. And it was pretty clever to use your infinity model. I just happen to consider it worth the cost. That is because of the people I am in contact with by using it. According to you it is poor form. According to me the value of anything whether it is a communication tool or anything else is about the people with whom I use it.
    04-12-20 11:52 AM
    For you it is only cons. And it was pretty clever to use your infinity model. I just happen to consider it worth the cost. That is because of the people I am in contact with by using it. According to you it is poor form. According to me the value of anything whether it is a communication tool or anything else is about the people with whom I use it.
    Actually, I have said repeatedly that no one can argue UX preference. If the app works for you, or others you know, that's great.

Will I comment if someone makes a false claim about BBMe-lite being the "most secure" ? Yes.

Do I think it's a serious issue that a critical flaw was left unfixed for over 4 months? Yes.

Do I think the tiny user base has implications for the platform's future viability? Yes.

Do I think it odd that BBMe charges for features provided for free by other platforms? Yes.

Will I stop discussing these issues for fear of hurting the feelings of some that seem super-sensitive about the app? No.
    Last edited by conite; 04-12-20 at 12:12 PM.
    04-12-20 11:56 AM
    That's what is supposed to happen. No need to do anything on BB10.
    I'm so glad I never converted my legacy BBM from BB10 to Android. My core group of ~10 friends and family using both BBM (mostly on BB10) send dozens of messages a day.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-12-20 12:58 PM
    I'm so glad I never converted my legacy BBM from BB10 to Android. My core group of ~10 friends and family using both BBM (mostly on BB10) send dozens of messages a day.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    As I said, I am still active in a couple of BBMe groups and still have around 20+ members in each group and we are actually getting more members.

I renewed my subscription for another 6 months and will see how it goes from there. Changing times.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    04-13-20 01:50 PM
    As I said, I am still active in a couple of BBMe groups and still have around 20+ members in each group and we are actually getting more members.

I renewed my subscription for another 6 months and will see how it goes from there. Changing times.
    my subscription automatically renewed. I'm ok with that.
    Attached Thumbnails Reminder: BBM free subscription nearly up!-64393.jpg  
    04-17-20 11:11 AM
33 12