07-09-11 11:48 AM
    I never text/talk while driving. Sometimes I'll send a quick text/bbm when I'm at a red light... but never while moving (same with phone calls/browsing, etc).

I have bluetooth sync in my car though, so I can answer calls with my steering wheel and if I need to call someone its either on my Nav screen on a speed dial button on my BB which I usually don't need to take my eyes off the road to click.
    07-09-11 11:50 AM
    its a great idea, but OPP only does highways, they need to have a bigger blitz on regional roads
    07-09-11 12:32 PM
    Talking while driving is NOT ilegal, holding the phone in your hand while driving is, no matter if you're talking or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 12:36 PM
    Talking while driving is NOT ilegal, holding the phone in your hand while driving is, no matter if you're talking or not.

i hope you didnt pay for that education!
    07-09-11 12:48 PM
    i hope you didnt pay for that education!
    Talking on the phone while driving using a hands free is illegal? That's news to me.

07-09-11 01:25 PM
    Talking on the phone while driving using a hands free is illegal? That's news to me.

i think the poster was going after the fact that you left an "l" out illegal?? stilll (thats weak)
    07-09-11 03:04 PM
    Studies have actually shown it isn't so much the fact you are holding the phone, but that you're having a conversation at all - meaning that even if you were talking to the guy in the passenger seat, the effect on your concentration would be the same.

The obvious difference being that you have 2 hands on the wheel versus 1 while on the phone - assuming you drive with 2 hands on the wheel; I don't generally - and if you are using a hands free.....
    07-09-11 03:40 PM
    i think the poster was going after the fact that you left an "l" out illegal?? stilll (thats weak)
    Lol, that's how it's spelled in romanian, my first language but ok what's your excuse for your extra "l" in still?

07-09-11 04:45 PM
    I always just sit my phone on the seat and turn on speaker phone. Works well.

07-09-11 04:45 PM
    About a year ago I got fined for holding the phone to my ear, drove straight to a phone shop and got a bluetooth headset, now I use the blackberry VM-605

Some of us don't have a choice, we have to take calls but I keep them very brief. Police do it too you know.

This has been debated here to the death on a radio show, turns out if you're parked and you have your phone in your hand but your engine is still on you still get fined.

My advice, use a handsfree and a dashboard holder.

07-09-11 04:51 PM
    Lol, that's how it's spelled in romanian, my first language but ok what's your excuse for your extra "l" in still?

got me!!! Thats how its spelled in "Orange-Juice-In-My-Keyboard-Ville"??
    07-09-11 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD