Your phone doing all the computing and simply plug and play connect to mouse, keyboard and display to act as a desktop?

Yeah, well, windows just did that with their display port and new lumia phones.

Beat to punch yet again.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and AllanQuatermain like this.
    10-06-15 12:57 PM
    Your phone doing all the computing and simply plug and play connect to mouse, keyboard and display to act as a desktop?

Yeah, well, windows just did that with their display port and new lumia phones.

Beat to punch yet again.
    Yeah... if BB10 developers had added proper landscape orientation support years ago, you might have seen this actually become a key competitive advantage for BB10 devices... but noooooope.
    Ealaionta and AllanQuatermain like this.
    10-06-15 01:08 PM
    10-06-15 02:11 PM
    OK, now I know where i go to, after BlackBerry drops BB10.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    10-06-15 02:30 PM
    They have awoken the sleeping giant. I will have to consider this in a couple years. It's east to see Microsoft's vision coming to fruition. New mobile, Surface Pro and desktop integration. They can/likely will bury Apple in the near future and take over the Android realm. The vast majority of us still use a desktop or laptop and the vast majority run on a form of Windows.

Z30 wickedness
    Q10Bold and AllanQuatermain like this.
    10-06-15 03:06 PM
    It's impressive.

I never thought of Windows as a possible choice for my future device but after seeing this, I am truly impressed as they are succeeding in merging a phone and a PC in just one device brillantly..
    10-06-15 03:11 PM
    Wow never thought I'd say this but a windows phone might just be my next phone

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 03:58 PM
    I've been using a Windows Tablet for a while now... App selection is pretty poor. But having access to most of the BIG apps and to REAL programs has been amazing. Hardly touch my laptop anymore.
    10-06-15 04:01 PM
    Now I want a qwerty phone from Microsoft and chen can go home with his android phone hehe.

Posted via PP
    JulesDB likes this.
    10-06-15 04:02 PM
    Ya Priv might be my last Berry (maybe even the Passport, not convinced BlackBerry can "secure" android and my privacy) The new Lumia and Windows 10 looks very promising. So convenient using the same OS on all devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 04:02 PM
    BlackBerry has lots of good, sometimes great, ideas but their execution is horrible! Some of the worst I've ever seen in the tech industry. How they survived this long is a miracle to me. Instead of showing off what their vision for the future is with products available today they show off things they say, "Hey look at us...we do that too now!"

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    NtotheK likes this.
    10-06-15 04:28 PM
    Yeah Windows is slowly winning me over. If I can't keep my BB10, it's getting clearer that I will probably just go full Windows.

Posted via CB10
    BuryLancs likes this.
    10-06-15 05:07 PM
    OK, now I know where i go to, after BlackBerry drops BB10.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    Exactly. Soon as BlackBerry10 dies I'm goin' straight to microsoft. I already love my surface Pro 2. I want a 4!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:23 PM
    Welcome to 3 years ago and the Galaxy Note II.

As you can see, this is nothing new, and obviously what you can to today is far superior to what was possible 3 years ago.
    lactose likes this.
    10-06-15 05:38 PM
    Yeah Windows is slowly winning me over. If I can't keep my BB10, it's getting clearer that I will probably just go full Windows.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Soon as BlackBerry10 dies I'm goin' straight to microsoft. I already love my surface Pro 2. I want a 4!

Posted via CB10
    Remember when Thor talked about...-rick-james-orange-glow-o.gif

Windows 10 Mobile is waiting for you!
    10-06-15 05:49 PM
    Welcome to 3 years ago and the Galaxy Note II.

As you can see, this is nothing new, and obviously what you can to today is far superior to what was possible 3 years ago.
    Close, but wasn't quite the plug and play adventure that this is, and doesn't utilize universal apps that are the same across the desktop and mobile OS. But you're right: this has been a possibility for a long time but no one has take hold of the idea! For some mysterious reason...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:50 PM
    Close, but wasn't quite the plug and play adventure that this is, and doesn't utilize universal apps that are the same across the desktop and mobile OS. But you're right: this has been a possibility for a long time but no one has take hold of the idea! For some mysterious reason...

Posted via CB10
    Might that be marketing or the lack of a desktop Android OS to draw on the similarities...?

Windows on phone, and desktop / laptop
    --� understood

"Desktop" "experience" on a lone standalone Android phone... ?
    -- � not quite the thang

That's what I reckon is happening... :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    the1 likes this.
    10-06-15 06:07 PM
    Oh, I understand that distinction. MS finally can use some of their desktop leverage to boost their mobile offering - something they've been specifically working towards for at least 5 years, and probably had planned for 10+. Good for MS.

But my point was that this has been possible for a while already, and Thor's talk about BB10 devices doing this in 2013 were kind of a joke when they didn't reach the Note II's 2012 level of functionality even by 2015. Of course, a Note 5 is far beyond what you see here as well.
    10-07-15 10:00 AM
    Really I don�t see the point of this unless you don't have a laptop or desktop computer. Am I going to buy a monitor and keyboard for my phone? It is a nice demo of what can be done but as has been proven in the past, nobody cares. If I am wrong I will be surprised...

Now I have hdmi out video while on holiday to a TV to watch Sons of Anarchy, that made sense. :^)

 Passport SE 
    3Dee likes this.
    10-07-15 11:03 AM
    Really I don’t see the point of this unless you don't have a laptop or desktop computer. Am I going to buy a monitor and keyboard for my phone? It is a nice demo of what can be done but as has been proven in the past, nobody cares. If I am wrong I will be surprised...
    That's exactly the point - many people have dreamed of the time where their "PC" is their mobile device - portable and compact when on the road, but easy to "dock" to full-sized peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse, drives) when at home or at the office. No matter where you are, you have all your apps and data accessible.

And this is already possible - it's just that few realize it and even fewer actually utilize it, mostly because of inertia (resistance to change) - but as mobile devices get better at being "dual-role", you're going to see more and more of this. Obviously gamers or people who need heavy-duty computing power will still need PCs, but many people's computing needs can be completely handled by modern mobile devices.

5 years ago, I used to talk to my TV customers about Netflix streaming, and most used to scoff at it. "Who wants to watch TV on their computer? Who has Internet on their TV? I use Netflix for DVDs!" They just didn't get it. Today, most of my customers have Netflix that they watch on their TV, and it's important to them. They just needed time to adapt their thinking and then their priorities.
    10-07-15 11:13 AM
    Agreed for youtube vids and light useage which I guess describes a lot of people. But I need to edit vids etc. Phone processors are a fraction of a desktop CPU and that will likely always be the case.

 Passport SE 
    10-07-15 12:13 PM
    Too little, too late. Microsoft has as sad a story as blackberry. Although profitable, they have lost their edge. Like the furnace in my house, it does the job but who cares. Windows is essential, for now anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 12:32 PM
    Well I used a Windows phone as my daily driver for almost a year, and I will say they did a nice job. Although nothing compares to email on a BlackBerry, MS would be my choice if BB10 suddenly goes EOL.

Posted via CB on Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    10-07-15 01:00 PM
    Well I used a Windows phone as my daily driver for almost a year, and I will say they did a nice job. Although nothing compares to email on a BlackBerry, MS would be my choice if BB10 suddenly goes EOL.

Posted via CB on Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    As soon as BlackBerry ports the hub to Windows phone I'm gone. BBM is already there anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 03:08 PM
    Too little, too late. Microsoft has as sad a story as blackberry. Although profitable, they have lost their edge. Like the furnace in my house, it does the job but who cares. Windows is essential, for now anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Loss their edge!? Have you even used windows 10 on a desktop it's great. If that experience can be translated over to their phones with a seamless transition it's on!!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 03:58 PM
45 12