CTV News | News Video - Top National News Headlines - News Videos

I want to say right from the start that I don't hate Apple and I don't think BBRY is perfect, so this isn't meant to be a fanboy thread. What I do see is a different Standard for BBRY and Apple. When there was an alleged problem with the Curve catching fire, media outlets were heralding the death of RIM (at the time), but only CTV seems to be reporting on the problems with several Apple products! What's up with that? What's up with Apple saying that a little dust or water could make their products explode? Isn't that important?

Anyway, good on CTV for reporting on the problem.
    03-26-13 12:49 PM
    CTV News | News Video - Top National News Headlines - News Videos

I want to say right from the start that I don't hate Apple and I don't think BBRY is perfect, so this isn't meant to be a fanboy thread. What I do see is a different Standard for BBRY and Apple. When there was an alleged problem with the Curve catching fire, media outlets were heralding the death of RIM (at the time), but only CTV seems to be reporting on the problems with several Apple products! What's up with that? What's up with Apple saying that a little dust or water could make their products explode? Isn't that important?

Anyway, good on CTV for reporting on the problem.
    Nope; Just because CTV did a little non-story on it does not mean this is news everyone should pick up. Sorry Linda Steele.

Apple got tons of press over Macbook batteries a while back, and if you do a search you'll find tons of stories from every outlet about things like this in regard to Apple and other companies. Fact is, these things happen. Everyone should be aware of that by now. The woman in the story is truly ignorant, if she thinks this is a unique problem.

The last Curve story got a bit more play because it involved a little boy in bed - very dramatic. HERE, on CB it got a lot more play because a lot of posters simply outright tried to deny it (don't know if it was true or not, but the story is plausible...again....these things happen), and accuse the boy and his mother of being liars. Of course the conspiracy cries started up,

An entire feature on a national TV network about Apple products being dangerous, and it inspires cries of favoritism towards Apple....and of course....conspiracy....could only happen from CB'ers!
    Last edited by richardat; 03-26-13 at 01:47 PM.
    03-26-13 01:35 PM
    Well I see this story as a public safety story, regardless of the type of phone you use. It is telling that Apple will not make a public comment cause if it did, it would then be a newsworthy story. As well, if you watch the piece they do say that Apple has a recall on first gen ipod nano's. I certainly have never heard of this. So, this is an important story as the proliferation of Apple products in households means the "issues" as reported of two cases at least in British Columbia, Canada means the odds are this has and will happen many more times world wide. I don't want my family to be a statistical case. Our bouse contains Apple, BB and Android devices and this will be discussed tonight at our dinner table. It needs to be discussed and people need to know.
    03-26-13 03:31 PM
    When you look at the margins in which apple is selling their stock, things are bound to happen. As mentioned before, every electronic device is a potential safety hazard. This is the reason Many people are pulling switching everything off when leaving the house. Many routers caught fire and many other devices.... so it really just raising awareness.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 03:50 PM