If the Priv which has full screen and a PHYSICAL keyboard, AND the keyboard is more than a KB, it's a freaking touchpad, doesn't sell. Why in anybody mind this would this be great for BB?
    this is WAY cooler than ANY Physical Keyboard. This is like liquid glass that comes OUT of the glass and becomes the keyboard. This IS the kind of technology Blackberry should have worked on and perfected by now. They need some cool technology that brings people into the store and be amazed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-30-16 12:04 AM
    There is cool, useful & lasting and cool & gimmicky. After the hype, this would fail miserably.
    03-30-16 10:09 AM
    There is cool, useful & lasting and cool & gimmicky. After the hype, this would fail miserably.
    You CANNOT know that. That is pure speculation. Any technology can be perfected. Blackberry also laughed When Apple created a touchscreen iphone in 2007 and sat on their asses when it was created and did nothing, the rest is history.

The POINT is Blackberry NEEDS something "dazzling" like this to get people interested, because to most people, Blackberry is the device for "old men that have buisnesses....BORING"

fschmeck likes this.
    03-30-16 10:32 AM
    You can not know that it will be a success either. BB did dazzle, BB10, is prime example. Unique, efficient, ahead of it's time, etc etc.. so much for that... no apps.

Apple DAZZLED with the Newton. Dazzling doesn't do much.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-30-16 10:37 AM
    You can not know that it will be a success either. BB did dazzle, BB10, is prime example. Unique, efficient, ahead of it's time, etc etc.. so much for that... no apps.

Apple DAZZLED with the Newton. Dazzling doesn't do much.
    People get bored and they get BORED FAST. They need dazzling, and at this point it wouldnt hurt either.

I would never call BB10 dazzling, I would call it "over-hyped" and that is why it was a big dissappointment to the masses. It was delayed, and delayed and then it was DELAYED even more......and inthe meantime people just jumped on Android and ios.

Apple created the touchscreen and this would be the next step in evolution.

I don't care what Blackberry does to impress people, but they NEED something to WOW people again.

This reminds me of Oldsmobile. When sales were low GM axed Olds insteading of investing into NEW designes and technology. (This worked for Cadillac) GM thought people would flock to Buick and Chevy but guess what happened????? They flocked to Honda, Nissan and Hyundai! There was no brand loyalty, and to make matters worse for GM, all the orphaned Olds dealerships that couldnt sell a product now SUED GM costing them BILLIONS!

Now there can never be a new Olds 442, or a new Pontiac Trans Am, or even a Plymouth Barracuda.......because these divisions were killed off when things got tough with no new investiment or inguinity.

The point is you INVEST into new technologies and perfect them over time and this keyboard is a prime example of the type of "Dazzling Gimmick" that Blackberry NEEDS! But some people like yourself will take the "play it safe" approach......and we know where this puts a company. Nowhere.

it doesnt even have to be "efficient," it just has to be EXCITING

03-30-16 10:48 AM
    Apple did not invent touchscreen... I used it on a Palm. I also recalled it before the Newton. I fail to see the logic.

Apple killed BB with touchscreen - > bb will kill Apple with raised keyboard touchscreen.

People didn't flock to Apple because of touchscreen.. they flocked to Apple because of Music(iPods) (to this day I fail to understand).. and in that process they were tied to the Apple ecosystem... then they made the next logical step which is use a phone that can access that ecosystem too so they don't have to carry their music separately.
    03-30-16 10:56 AM
    Apple did not invent touchscreen... I used it on a Palm. I also recalled it before the Newton. I fail to see the logic.

Apple killed BB with touchscreen - > bb will kill Apple with raised keyboard touchscreen.

People didn't flock to Apple because of touchscreen.. they flocked to Apple because of Music(iPods) (to this day I fail to understand).. and in that process they were tied to the Apple ecosystem... then they made the next logical step which is use a phone that can access that ecosystem too so they don't have to carry their music separately.
    The "logic" is that EXCITMENT and NEW sells. As far as the world is concerned, Apple did PERFECT and create the touchscreen (a pure touchscreen) No one bought Palms because they were boring, they werent exciting enough. Apple also had the right combination of marketing to make it look cool. Do you get it yet? People want EXCITING and NEW! The people at Oldsmobile "didnt get the logic also" and people got bored and no one bought them, the rest is history.

I FULLY disagree! People did flock to Apple because they had the coolest thing on the planet in 2007, a fully functioning touchscreen! And Apple had proper Advertizing to match it. To prove my point, there wasnt even an APP STORE in 2007 for the iphone yet! The Keyboard brought them in, and that was all that mattered, people bought them!

The ipod in 2001 was claimed by Steve to have "1000 songs in your pocket".......what you have to understand is that people thought this was dazzling, and it got people to buy them.....PERIOD.

I agree on your last point about making the phone evolve and using the ecosystem.

its all about Marketing, making something exciting and dazzling people, and it worked.

To a buisness like Apple, the public is like a toddler, and a new product is like a rattle. You show the new rattle and shake it to make a new sound and the toddler is mezmerized and MUST HAVE IT. Its not much different.

That is the most simplistic way I can try to explain my point to you

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-30-16 at 11:48 AM.
    03-30-16 11:10 AM

Never say never. But if they never invest in new innovation, Apple wouldnt be where they are today either.

03-30-16 11:12 AM
    If the Priv which has full screen and a PHYSICAL keyboard, AND the keyboard is more than a KB, it's a freaking touchpad, doesn't sell. Why in anybody mind this would this be great for BB?
    Because it is new and innovative, it is something no one else has, and that sells
    03-30-16 11:54 AM
    Because it is new and innovative, it is something no one else has, and that sells
    While I agree that being new and innovative will certainly add to its appeal, for me the main selling point is having a full touch screen and a 'P'KB without the need for a slider PKB and its fiddly, almost useless keys.
    04-30-16 12:14 PM
    While I agree that being new and innovative will certainly add to its appeal, for me the main selling point is having a full touch screen and a 'P'KB without the need for a slider PKB and its fiddly, almost useless keys.
    i tried a buddies TOrch once, with the slider PKB and I thought the top row was especially cramped. I prefer an open-faced candybar style.

Yes, Blackberry needs some innovation, anything!

04-30-16 01:53 PM
36 12