Blackberry Leap has no keyboard, slider has an option to use the keyboard.

Not really focusing, seeing as at least fifty percent of this generation of BlackBerry phones don't require a keyboard.

Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    A slider has a keyboard whether you use it or not. The only all touch is the Leap, which is a low end device.

Sorry, but Chen is clearly focusing on PKB.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-11-15 03:58 PM
    New BlackBerry device featuring an Oct arm 64 bit processor and 4+ GB ram??? You'll open it up and find a $ 35 Raspberry Pi inside .

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 12:29 AM
    A slider has a keyboard whether you use it or not. The only all touch is the Leap, which is a low end device.

Sorry, but Chen is clearly focusing on PKB.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    Poor Z30 users lol

They so desperate. If they don't like the slider, there is literally nothing for them, unless they want to downgrade. Maybe mid 2016 there will be an upgrade?? Z30 by that stage will be more than 2 years old with more than 4 year old specs lol

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-09-15 06:26 AM
    Poor Z30 users lol

They so desperate. If they don't like the slider, there is literally nothing for them, unless they want to downgrade. Maybe mid 2016 there will be an upgrade?? Z30 by that stage will be more than 2 years old with more than 4 year old specs lol

The Z10 users either. Leap has same SOC as Z10, less features, and lower res but larger screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 01:23 PM
    Poor Z30 users lol

But still works flawlessly for me. Specs don't mean anything when the os etc have no need for big numbers.

Red Passport SQW100-1 - 10.3.1.2576
    04-11-15 05:17 PM
    But still works flawlessly for me. Specs don't mean anything when the os etc have no need for big numbers.

The thing is 10.3 showed that it is starting to need big numbers, it's actually more sluggish than 10.2.1
    04-11-15 05:23 PM
    The thing is 10.3 showed that it is starting to need big numbers, it's actually more sluggish than 10.2.1
    It is actually the exact opposite. 10.3.1 is way more optimized than 10.2.
    Just try to install it on an entry level device such as the Z3..
    The performance is outstanding not to mention that is possible to open 8 apps simultaneously when before the limit was 4..

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:23 PM
    There was always limit 8 apps from the beginning of BB10 OS

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 02:37 AM
    That limit was changed to 64 in a 10.2.1 update?
    04-12-15 03:32 AM
    It is actually the exact opposite. 10.3.1 is way more optimized than 10.2.
    Just try to install it on an entry level device such as the Z3..
    The performance is outstanding not to mention that is possible to open 8 apps simultaneously when before the limit was 4..

Posted via CB10
    Can't really match my experience on my z10, 10.2.1 was much smoother, it seems after 2 days regardless 10.3.1 goes into a 'I'm gonna make you cry until you reboot mode'
    It lags like a *****, reacts slowly, the apps pages lag when swiping them.

Not to mention things like File Pickers take a age to even show up, that kind of thing should be snap snap
    04-12-15 05:52 AM
    I bet BlackBerry has a number of "plans" for an all-touch device. Some have been dropped, and new ones have taken their place.

It's not really all about the device, but if BlackBerry feels their is a market for such a device. Now while there are a bunch of FANS here that would love to see a new $600- $700 all-touch super phone. Would Carriers welcome it? How many of the BlackBerry faithful would replace their much loved Passports? Does enterprise need such a device? Would general consumers be attracted to the platform in sufficient numbers to make it worth while...... Basically could they sell enough of them to make a profit?

When they belive the answer is yes - then they will decided on what price point and components will be used.
    BlackBerry have their own store and those rumored devices should support multi bands.

Unless you're pointing out of selling these coming new phones like hell.

But i dont see this happening yet...

...Maybe if BlackBerry will be flooded by new devs and app-companies to sign up on bb10 platform. This would definitely boost up BlackBerry profit in the future weather if its on software or hardware sales.

Moto X 2k14 Posted via
    04-12-15 06:31 AM

Very true, I agree with that. The Specs don't really matter to me either as long as the device is butter smooth

What I'm trying to get at is, generally contracts are 2 years and when a Z30's contract comes to an end and the ISP sends you a message saying here are the options for your upgrade, there won't be a BlackBerry there. That's the issue

If you purchase the device cash, then It will be less of an issue because BlackBerry devices do last long and you can hold on to it for 3 years

04-12-15 11:10 AM
    Can't really match my experience on my z10, 10.2.1 was much smoother, it seems after 2 days regardless 10.3.1 goes into a 'I'm gonna make you cry until you reboot mode'
    It lags like a *****, reacts slowly, the apps pages lag when swiping them.

Not to mention things like File Pickers take a age to even show up, that kind of thing should be snap snap
    I am having the same problem. My device is painfully slow and freezes up several times a day. File picker/photos app take a solid 5-10 seconds before anything shows up. My device us getting worse.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 07:30 AM
    There was always limit 8 apps from the beginning of BB10 OS

Posted via CB10
    Not on the Z3. The limit with the first software release was lower (remember the z3 has 1.5Gb of Ram not 2 like the other devices). I do not remember if it was 4 or 6 actually but definitely NOT 8.
    04-13-15 12:24 PM
    I am having the same problem. My device is painfully slow and freezes up several times a day. File picker/photos app take a solid 5-10 seconds before anything shows up. My device us getting worse.

Posted via CB10
    You may want to do a fresh install without restoring. Regarding file picker the culprit for the "sluggishness" may be the memory card and not the phone. Especially if you have thousand of thousand of pics the access time is slower and you see the lag. Either get a faster memory card or remove some of the pictures
    04-13-15 12:27 PM
    You may want to do a fresh install without restoring. Regarding file picker the culprit for the "sluggishness" may be the memory card and not the phone. Especially if you have thousand of thousand of pics the access time is slower and you see the lag. Either get a faster memory card or remove some of the pictures
    That is definitely part of the issue with the memory card. I did a restore and it duplicated all my photos.

I've been meaning to do a fresh install, I've been dreading doing it because I lose contacts every time I do it.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 04:25 PM
    Cool

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 01:53 PM
92 ... 234