06-14-11 03:03 PM
    Why can't they get the name right??

It's RIM not RIMM unless you are specifically talking about the stock.
    diegonei likes this.
    06-14-11 03:10 PM

This is an article about its placement in the market. The RIMM nomenclature is appropriate.
    howarmat likes this.
    06-14-11 03:43 PM
    Why are there * ** * ** ** everywhere
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    06-14-11 04:49 PM
    Dunno but fixed it for him....

Just click the link to read it...
    06-14-11 04:58 PM
    ... My favorite line is this:

"Assuming no future profit growth, RIMM’s stock is worth over $85."

Um, no, RIMM's stock is worth WHAT PEOPLE WILL PAY FOR IT. Currently, that's $36, and will soon be less.
    06-14-11 07:01 PM
    I don't agree that a web browser is not required in a business phone. That said, BB OS 6 has a decent browser.
    06-14-11 09:47 PM
    I don't agree that a web browser is not required in a business phone. That said, BB OS 6 has a decent browser.
    That allows remote users to steal all of your contacts, files, and install and remove applications from your phone unless you disable JavaScript (which then breaks the mediocre browsing experience even more).
    lunatyck likes this.
    06-14-11 11:30 PM
    ... Heh, clearly a fanboy. My favorite line is this:

"Assuming no future profit growth, RIMM�s stock is worth over $85."

Um, no, RIMM's stock is worth WHAT PEOPLE WILL PAY FOR IT. Currently, that's $36, and will soon be less.
    While that statement is true in a daytrader sense, it also reflects the short-sighted mindset that has afflicted the American economy (and workers most acutely) for the last few decades. But the last thing Crackberry needs are economics and politics flame-wars!

I suppose it depends on RIM's ownership structure, but it seems like an increasingly attractive takeover target.
    johnmarki likes this.
    06-14-11 11:53 PM
    There is opportunity to make money on RIM's stock. I put my order in. It can only go up, I figure. They got to much cash on hand and will survive no matter what the haters think.
    johnmarki likes this.
    06-15-11 05:06 AM
    we'll see!
    06-15-11 09:11 PM
    I want to quote someone from another thread that's been locked:

Bought 150 shares @ 34.89 today. Feeling good
    euro2low, RIMM closed at 28.40 today. After eight days you've lost $973.50, or almost 20% of your investment. Still feeling good?
    06-22-11 08:44 PM
    I'm sure he will if he holds on to it until it goes back up.
    06-22-11 09:00 PM
    This is an article about its placement in the market. The RIMM nomenclature is appropriate.
    That's like saying its okay to call RIM BlackBerry because it is about phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 09:16 PM
    Gong to bookmark this thread and revisit it in a year. I guess one of us will be eating crow.
    06-22-11 09:16 PM
    RIM's price will go back up once the universe starts contracting and time runs in reverse.
    You'd better begin investing in a time machine if you want to be true to your word.

06-22-11 09:18 PM
    RIMM going back to $85. I don't see it. And I can't believe people buy stocks because they think it can't go lower. I made that noob mistake with Citi. Never again. That's not investing, it's gambling.
    06-22-11 10:18 PM

You mean its not Research in Motion Motion?
    06-23-11 06:12 AM
    RIM is down but not out. Simply on a P/E basis it is extremely cheap. It's balance sheet is strong and it still has huge marketshare especially in the corporate world. What investors are worried about is their ability to compete in a world where iOS and Android are becoming the dominant choice among consumers and are making inroads into the enterprise sector. Even those who are loyal to RIM (such as my self) are looking to other platforms. Those on Crackberry, are generally loyal to RIM. Its not about us. Its about those that aren't.

06-23-11 04:11 PM
    While that statement is true in a daytrader sense, it also reflects the short-sighted mindset that has afflicted the American economy (and workers most acutely) for the last few decades. But the last thing Crackberry needs are economics and politics flame-wars!

I suppose it depends on RIM's ownership structure, but it seems like an increasingly attractive takeover target.
    That same short sighted mindset combined with a tight stop loss would have saved them a ton of money.

Keep an eye on call volumes.

06-25-11 04:03 AM
    Originally Posted by euro2low
    Bought 150 shares @ 34.89 today. Feeling good
    euro2low, RIMM closed at 28.40 today. After eight days you've lost $973.50, or almost 20% of your investment. Still feeling good?
    So, RIMM closed at 24.15 today. euro2low spent $5233.50 (not including trading fees) and his RIMM holdings are now worth $3622.50 for a loss of $1611.00. In a month and a half he's lost almost 31% of his initial investment; if you include transaction fees he's lost probably almost a third of it.

Wonder if he's still feeling good?

And for those people saying "Well it's gonna go to $85 some day he just has to hold," I say the following:

If it gets to $85, euro2low will gross $12,750 on his 150 shares. If he'd waited a mere 6 weeks, he could have bought 216 shares for his same initial outlay. If RIMM gets to $85 those 216 shares will be worth $18,360, meaning that he would have grossed an additional ~$5500 by simply waiting less than two months.
    Last edited by Furballz; 08-02-11 at 10:19 PM.
    08-02-11 10:02 PM
    So, RIMM closed at 24.15 today. euro2low spent $5233.50 (not including trading fees) and his RIMM holdings are now worth $3622.50 for a loss of $1611.00. In a month and a half he's lost almost 31% of his initial investment; if you include transaction fees he's lost probably almost a third of it.

Wonder if he's still feeling good?

And for those people saying "Well it's gonna go to $85 some day he just has to hold," I say the following:

If it gets to $85, euro2low will gross $12,750 on his 150 shares. If he'd waited a mere 6 weeks, he could have bought 216 shares for his same initial outlay. If RIMM gets to $85 those 216 shares will be worth $18,360, meaning that he would have grossed an additional ~$5500 by simply waiting less than two months.
    You don't play the stock market and expect to make money in a day or a week. You have to be in it for the long term, AT LEAST a couple years.
    08-02-11 10:24 PM
    In "at least a couple of years" RIMM is going to be on the pink sheets and his holdings will cost more to sell than they'll be worth! LOL

At least you inadvertently used the correct term, "PLAY the stock market" because in fact stocks these days aren't about investing, they're about pure gambling.
    08-02-11 10:28 PM
    Furballz - End of the day, it is his money he invested in the stock. I don't see your point or pleasure in doing his P&L every weekly/monthly. Just saying.....
    08-03-11 05:50 AM
    How would he have known this? It is impossible to tell.

In "at least a couple of years" RIMM is going to be on the pink sheets and his holdings will cost more to sell than they'll be worth! LOL
    How do you know this?

I figured you would get this meme since your display pic is pedobear.
    08-03-11 10:17 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD