All my frys store are sold out. I could not even peek at the demo unit
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-24-13 04:32 PM
    Dont forget that the Q10 is still coming out, my guess is more people like myself are patiently waiting for that 1. Sales will even be better.
    03-24-13 05:24 PM
    I called one local AT&T yesterday and they said they had only a few left, but had only started with half a dozen. SO, it sold a few. BUT, the salesperson said, and I quote, "I'm using it now and it's amazing."

She was using it as her phone and loving it! Now, THAT will be great word of mouth
    BBNation and Omnitech like this.
    03-24-13 06:33 PM
    Telus is back to a 2 to 3 week wait to ship your new Z10. Tells me Z10 sales are really starting to accelerate in Canada and everywhere. Telus is big in Canada and if they are essentially OUT OF STOCK for on line sales there be a shortage of Z10's GLOBALLY.
    03-24-13 06:39 PM
    I like the optimism expressed but i think the concerns that are rippled across the forums have more to do with execution and implementation rather than the quality of the product or the platform.

If you are going to launch a product, do it right. If there is signage to distribute and get installed make sure it gets there, and better yet make sure it gets installed for launch day. You are sending out demo units, make sure they are there for launch day. If you are struggling for your life, you hopefully put together a brilliant training program for your retail partners. All of these things are going to get done, BBRY will spend the money either way, how it's implemented makes the difference. It's not like they haven't had time to prepare for this...lots of time.

If you have to give on the ASP to get the right position in the store, that's a business decision but it sounds like with AT&T it wasn't made correctly. Subjective rumors have it that VZW is a little better prepared and trained so hopefully we'll see stronger roll out there.

I don't think anyone in the US expects lines at the front door of a store for a Z10. Sales and marketing is a perception game, rebuilding a brand requires killer execution. It is critical to promote EVERY possible new or upgrading customer. Provide EVERY possible support for the insecure, uninformed, the potentially dissatisfied Android 2.X, the iPhone 3/4, users in the market. Why would you be in the consumer electronics biz otherwise.

Remember Hedge Funds don't give a 5h1t about BBRY, they just want to know when to buy and when to sell. I think David's observations are interesting, positive, and probably well intended, not sure if it is critical research if he is posting it on a public blog, but there is no one here but us crackberries.
    web99 likes this.
    03-24-13 06:40 PM
    ...there is no one here but us crackberries.

I like the sound of that:

KNOCK KNOCK!

Who's there??

NO ONE BUT US CRACKBERRIES!!
    03-24-13 06:43 PM
    Hedge funds on the short side of the trade may end up disappointed regardless of how much misinformation is being machine gunned out of the "news media" or so called "industry experts".

I know of someone who knows someone who isn't me, that works for a large US based global conglomerate (as large as they get). The person tells me Z10 is under evaluation and provided it passes security tests it will be deployed to replace existing BB phones.
    03-24-13 07:26 PM
    I guess BlackBerry in your mind is doomed to fail no matter what, since 50 million BB10 devices in the first year is a near impossible goal. I'm not sure why you think BlackBerry needs to capture 16% of the high-end smartphone market in year one just to be viable though.

If you're thinking of things like app support, keep in mind that developers were flocking to Apple when they were selling 20-40 million iPhones per year since their users monetized so well. Even if BlackBerry sells say 20 million BB10 units, those are going to be to premium users and would be probably be equivalent to about 80 million Android users in terms of revenue potential .

thing is what i don't think folks realisewith apps is i don't think in the long run BB world will ever match what android or iOS has, as they still have older games lets say modern combat 1 when i doubt that will ever be recoded and brought to a new devices, they would simply bring the latest release and not bother with the older stuff, another example is Lets Golf, this is the third one but why bring the other 2 over when they are way outdated. there will be many games like this on iOS and Android that will bloat the number as well as the hundreds of flashlight apps and fart apps

but lets get soemthign straight, BBRY doesn't need to sell 50 million units you're crazy if you really think this is the case
    03-24-13 07:40 PM
    Z10 is awesome ... more that see it .. check it out .. buy it ... Verizion launch will be huge!! .....
    After AT&T's CF in the stores, it should be huge. LOL. I actually held off buying one because I have yet to go into a store and not get the iPhone-is-what-you-really-want-canned-sales-pitch. Same at Best Buy.

@Verizon. AT&T are in iPhone heaven.......so kick the d*mn door in and seize the moment with your Z10 launch.
    03-24-13 09:52 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    big week this week with Verizon Blackberry Z10 launch!! . party is just getting started in the USA !…
    03-24-13 09:59 PM
    big week this week with Verizon Blackberry Z10 launch!! . party is just getting started in the USA !…
    this is probably why we haven't seen much marketing for the Z10 because they haven't fully been unleashed, or maybe AT&T just doesn't feel the heat yet because Verizon has yet to release the Z10 so there is no competition for them on the Z10 front, if Verizon pushes the Z10 hard AT&T may feel like if they don't do the same those that want a Z10 may move to another provider, one that actually cares about their opinion and what they value
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-24-13 10:08 PM
    FWIW, the BB Z10 is currently 7th 8th best selling unlocked phone on Amazon. when you cut thru all the bs, this tells you everything you need to know.
    Amazon Best Sellers: best Unlocked Cell Phones

if this info has been posted already, please disregard this msg
    03-24-13 11:09 PM
    Visited my ATT store today. Said sales of Z10 are slow. Alot in the back inventory. Said, people know about it, but just aren't willing to take the risk - so go to the iphone.

Ugh.

Well - looks like it is going to take some time. Get the word out. Get the Apps out. Grind it out.
    03-24-13 11:10 PM
    FWIW, the BB Z10 is currently 7th 8th best selling unlocked phone on Amazon. when you cut thru all the bs, this tells you everything you need to know.

Especially at that price - with respect to the ones ahead of it.
    03-24-13 11:12 PM
    Visited my ATT store today. Said sales of Z10 are slow. Alot in the back inventory. Said, people know about it, but just aren't willing to take the risk - so go to the iphone.

Ugh.

Yeah, I'll bet their willingness to "take the risk" takes a big nosedive as the clerk turns their nose up at it and doesn't even know how to operate it...
    03-24-13 11:23 PM
    Well, advertising sells, and on Youtube, the BB z10 commericial is close to getting 1M hits. I guess people like looking at commercials that are interesting, and this one is. Maybe this will get more people interested...

03-24-13 11:38 PM
    A small woman with a big brain who can knock down all the lousy salesmen

As someone who has been in the retail and service fields for most of my life, when I encounter someone in sales or services that are not doing their job- I take names and talk to manager or supervisor about that person. I don't do that to be a tattle tale- I do it to enlighten the ones in charge that their employees are not doing their job and therefore the bottom line is, sales will suffer. I don't need anyone to tell me I don't want a Z10- that THEY don't think it is what I need.............I DID my research and probably know a lot more about it than they do!
    The worst offenders are car salesmen- who think they know what I NEED- not what I want. It's my money- I don't care if YOU don't think I am making a wise choice.......the choice is MINE!
    Sometimes I think that sales people think that just because I am a small woman- my brain must be small too! Ugh!

Sorry for the rant!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:00 AM
    Some analysts say stuff like this "No fanfare, few promotions, no lines at the stores and unimpressive sales figures"
    What do some people expect, that BB will be nr1 immediately? Rome wasn't built in a day. Patience is a virtue...
    03-25-13 12:20 PM
    saw one in a local AT&T store today, and the rep was carrying one around for himself, adding that their current stock was selling out quickly (may have just been a sales hook)..

Nobody else was looking at it, so my wife and I had time to mess with it. To me, it seemed to operate like a scaled-down Playbook. My wife was impressed and wants one in place of her iphone.

She'll have to wait though, since we're with Sprint.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-25-13 01:09 PM
    My local AT&T store (NE Philadelphia) sold 6-7 Z10s within 2 hours of opening on Friday, according to one rep. He told me only Apple devices see those kind of numbers, as close to no one bought the SIII on release day. Of course, the rep was pretty pro-Z10 and really liked playing with mine. He was working on getting one for himself and strongly believe BB was going to come back with the BB10.
    Snap51 and DawnMills like this.
    03-25-13 01:26 PM

Are you saying this stat is good or bad for BB ? What are you trying to say ?
    03-25-13 01:49 PM
    I'm interested to see how this all shakes out along with the financials that will be released this week.
    03-25-13 03:05 PM
    Trades on the buy side or short side?
    03-28-13 10:49 PM
73 123