Hi guys.

A question for you all... I own a Q10 and a Passport, both purchased recently.

I love 'em both!

Now, I'd like to switch between them regularly, you know, some days it's a passport day, some days it's a Q10 day

What would be the easiest way of doing this? I'd like to have the few android apps I use on both devices, and of course, I'd like to have my texts carried over when I switch.

I'd hope it'd be possible to just do a backup of my texts, and to just restore those when switching... Is it possible, or am I dreaming?

Both phones are currently set up on the same OS, with the same apps... Please let me know if my wishes can be met

(Oh... I have a quality nano-to-microsim converter, so that won't be an issue.)
    08-11-15 07:27 AM
    All you have to do is switch the SIM out into the device you want to use, but for texts you need to use device switch (from BB World), and it can be a bit time consuming depending on how many you have.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 11:30 AM
    Thanks... About Device Switch... can that be set up so it solely moves the texts? I don't have many, but I'd like to have them along
    08-11-15 11:49 AM
    Sim for Passport is nano and for Q10 is micro. The SD card 64 GB or 128GB is not compatible. If you encrypt your SD card you have to decrypt this befor switching. BBM messages are only at the device you use or you have to backup-restore all the time.

Maybe there's a better solution? I wanted to try to work with a Passport and a Classic (switching) but I now only use the Passport because of this above (minus the Sim card which are the same for the Passport and the Classic).

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 11:57 AM
    Sims are a non-issue as mentioned. I dont decrypt my SD cards nor do I need the same info on them (one for each device).

My only issue is being able to sync my texts. It seems Device Switcher does not do this, unfortunately.
    08-11-15 12:11 PM
    you could try Ultimate Backup for BlackBerry 10 - https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...untrycode%3DCA

It backs up SMS and a LOT more.

Don't have personal experience with it but could help you out in your situation.
    sweeperdk likes this.
    08-11-15 01:05 PM
    Interesting. Looks like Ultimate Backup may just be what I'm looking for. Thanks!
    08-12-15 03:43 AM