I was just wondering about this. If they plan on abandoning the consumer market and focusing on enterprise, provided they continue to make phones at all, do you guys think they'll continue with BB10? I ask because BB10 seemed like more of an effort to appeal to consumers and from what I remember reading, big business wasn't too quick to embrace BB10. Does anyone think they'll abandon BB10 and instead go back to BBOS, or maybe something QNX based but more closely resembling BBOS? I don't pretend to have any expertise in this area, and my assumptions about BB10 and enterprise could be WAY off, so what do you guys think? Decent possibility, highly unlikely, or just plain dumb question altogether?
    09-23-13 06:49 PM
    #SMH OMG. No.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:56 PM
    Well I don't think they will throw all the years and cost of BB10 development away just like that
    They'll be working harder to make it appeal to both sides I think (Or make it appeal more to the business sector only)

Posted via CB10
    Upgrayedd111 likes this.
    09-23-13 07:06 PM
    Thanks, that makes a lot more sense.
    09-23-13 07:08 PM
    Why, so they can lose even more customers to BYOD? If they stay in the handset/software business, you bet they'll forge ahead with BB10.
    Upgrayedd111 likes this.
    09-23-13 07:09 PM
    I think their route now is to target the Prosumers (whatever that is) with BES10 and BB10. Focusing on that niche market.

That said, I don't know the implications if that as far as apps are concerned. I think BlackBerry is still fighting or else they would have cancelled blackberry jam Asia now. Let's just see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    Upgrayedd111 likes this.
    09-23-13 07:10 PM
    Definitely pushing ahead with BlackBerry 10... I would not be surprised if they completely abandoned the old os quicker after the buyout...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:18 PM
    Independently of new BB politic on wether they'll go 'prosumer' or another mix like 'bustainment'(yep! I can invent some words too no need to be Thorsten for that.. i'd like a golden parachute too though...) it seems obvious they won't pull down BB10.
    I'd be very optimistic though if i could see one or more of the moves below (signs of change in a good direction imho):
    - Pricing:
    Aggressive pricing 100 to 450 euro 150 to 600$, few targeted devices on low (Q5-Kopi) and medium/high (Q30/Z30).

- Developers and Android emulator:
    best deal for developers and top notch emulation software for android apps with filtered access to BBworld for high security assured to customers (no more sideloading, Blackberry should integrate them in its appstore in an Apple-like politic and only choose the more secured).

- Ads and online/in store presence:
    More tutorials online to show how great is BB10, more demos and occasions to put a BB10 device in customers' hands.

- Show your knowhow and defend physical keyboard pertinence:

Defend physical keyboard comeback as best of both worlds (instant actions kill apple/android browsing for the right app in tens of app pages), more accuracy and best experience with predictive AND intelligent suggestions.
    - Innovate in pragmatic fields:
    Find a way to be the first smartphone to propose more than 24 hours of intensive use (maybe develop solar power font like Apple seems to be and Logitech already developed).
    French-based tech firm Wysips did the buzz some years ago

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:25 PM
    you know it's funny, BB lost market share because they sat on their throne of being the number one "business person" phone, while ignoring the fast growing consumer market. BB10 was supposed to be the platform that combined the two and reinsert BB as major player. returning to this, so called, niche market would, (in my mind) be a mistake. " those who don't learn from history........."
    Alphax45 likes this.
    09-23-13 07:26 PM