Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew why the memory on my curve shows 0 while I have a 4gb memory card in it. Called a rep yesterday, he told me their is an application to link the phone memory with the memory card as a back up. Also, I had pics on the device memory before putting the memory card in it so when I connect the BB to the pc, it only shows the pics on the memory card. How do I get the pics off of the actual device? I really hope it doesn't involve taking the memory card out because it took me 2 days to get it properly installed and the little door installed back on it properly. Sorry I have so many questions, but as a blackberry user for over 5 years, this time I would like to use the phone for more than texting and email. I heard you're able to put music on it and play it through your car radio via a kit. Thank you to anyone with any particular insight!!!
    05-29-09 08:44 AM
    Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew why the memory on my curve shows 0 while I have a 4gb memory card in it. Called a rep yesterday, he told me their is an application to link the phone memory with the memory card as a back up. Also, I had pics on the device memory before putting the memory card in it so when I connect the BB to the pc, it only shows the pics on the memory card. How do I get the pics off of the actual device? I really hope it doesn't involve taking the memory card out because it took me 2 days to get it properly installed and the little door installed back on it properly. Sorry I have so many questions, but as a blackberry user for over 5 years, this time I would like to use the phone for more than texting and email. I heard you're able to put music on it and play it through your car radio via a kit. Thank you to anyone with any particular insight!!!
    Welcome to crackberry! First of all that 0 is for device memory, not media card capacity. As far as moving the pics from the device memory to the media card you can do it one by one on the device itself. But if it is a lot of pics you can do it with the media manager on the desktop manager software. As far as putting music on it the easiest way is to just plug your berry in your pc and enable mass storage mode. When you do this the bb acts like a removable drive and you can drag and drop music, pics, etc to and from the media card. Oh btw you need to format that media card. If you have already put pics on it beware once you format it they will be deleted. To format the card go to options>media card>menu>format card. Hope some of this helps...
    05-29-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD