Has this happened to you?

After receiving several messages (emails, messages or MSNs) my red light on the bold keeps flashing even though there's nothing to "read".

I removed the battery and it worked, but then when I got another message, it did the same thing. The red light keeps flashing for no reason and I don't know how to stop!

Phone: Bold.

Help anyone?

Thanks!
    02-23-09 05:40 PM
    Has this happened to you?

After receiving several messages (emails, messages or MSNs) my red light on the bold keeps flashing even though there's nothing to "read".

I removed the battery and it worked, but then when I got another message, it did the same thing. The red light keeps flashing for no reason and I don't know how to stop!

Phone: Bold.

Help anyone?

Thanks!
    ya this happened to me a couple of times i just did a hard reset...and one time i got a message like twenty minutes after and it went away
    02-23-09 05:42 PM
    Make sure your messages folder is empty. If you have an SMS/MMS icon it means you have set up your email/messages to seperate so alot of times people hide or move the "messages" folder. If you are getting PIN messages and they are set to mute it could be it, it could be any message or alert you have not set a tone for. That would be the first place I would look since the battery pull did nothing to resolve it. If that is not the case post back
    02-23-09 05:43 PM
    A hard reset? As in remove the battery? I did that too, it worked for couple of minutes and it came back (after receiving a message).

Thanks
    02-23-09 05:44 PM
    You opened the message and it still blinks? If you did a battery pull make sure the phone is on while you do it (just in case you did not)
    02-23-09 05:45 PM
    Also, I've found that if I open Twitterberry, and then logout before all of my new tweets have populated the timeline, it will flash until I do a soft reset. I don't know if you use twitterberry or not, but that was a source of madness for me for some time...
    02-23-09 05:48 PM
    Twitterberry isn't a problem, so far...
    02-23-09 05:51 PM
    That's weird. The red light just went off on it's own...
    02-23-09 06:05 PM
    I guess aguy2846 was correct Glad you are sorted.........Though its quite odd...

Peace
    02-23-09 06:09 PM
    I have had the same problem, but with a little twist. I had a pearl for the last 12 months (which means I went through 3 of them over the last year) and had the "phantom" message. My phone would vibrate and led would flash as if I had recieved a message, but there was none. I just upgraded to the Storm today, transferred all my files over, and the Storm started doing it, too. Great!
    02-28-09 05:10 PM
    Today my LED started blinking for no reason too. I fired up QuickPull and rebooted and all was better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 09:36 PM
    When I had my Curve that used to happen to me all the time. Never found out a reason why it did it. Seemed like a battery pull would fix it for a few hours. It seemed like it would do it when I received alot of bbm or text messages at once. It would eventually go away. It was almost like the system just needed to catch up with itself.
    02-28-09 09:47 PM
    Sometimes it will flash depending on server traffic if msg has already been read. So it is like it's catching up, a batt pull will usually fix it and it only happens occasionally.
    02-28-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD