bb pearl 8130 turned off, red indicator light is on, and blinking slowly, took the bat out, left it out for a min. put batt back in, tried to restart, froze up, hr glass on for LONG time?????????????
    04-30-09 12:17 AM
    bb pearl 8130 turned off, red indicator light is on, and blinking slowly, took the bat out, left it out for a min. put batt back in, tried to restart, froze up, hr glass on for LONG time?????????????
    Sounds like your phone suddenly & mysteriously shut down & is trying to boot back up. Put the battery back in & leave it alone.

The fact that it does take a long time to boot back up may be why you think something is wrong. Give it at least 4.5 MINUTES.
    04-30-09 12:49 AM
    Added any new software to it recently that might be causing it to do this?
    04-30-09 02:23 AM
    My Bold takes 7 minutes to reboot after a batt pull, I've timed it, you try sitting there looking at a blank screen for 7 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 04:48 AM
    You need to disable memory cleaning (options -- security options -- memory cleaning)

04-30-09 05:22 AM
    My Bold takes 7 minutes to reboot after a batt pull, I've timed it, you try sitting there looking at a blank screen for 7 minutes.

WoW! & here I thought my Curve took to long!
    04-30-09 10:17 AM
    You need to disable memory cleaning (options -- security options -- memory cleaning)

Speedy, mine has done the same as the OP with memory cleaning disabled. As a matter of fact, mem cleaning has been disabled for months and this happened to me last Monday.
    04-30-09 10:21 AM

Wow.. as Lex said.. And I thought my Curve took too long.
    04-30-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD