i have my calendar set to keep appointments forever, because i like to track some things and diligently delete appointments i don't need so as not to waste a bunch of memory, but i just added some bdays to my contacts and that automatically set bday events on my calendar. that is fine and actually what i want to happen so i don't need to go enter them all myself, but is there anything i can do regarding bdays that have passed?

example: my dad's bday in my address book is 6/4/1956 and so on my calendar, specifically agenda view, he has bday entries going back for years. i personally don't want to go back from now to 1956 to delete all the occurences.

question: is there anything i can do about this or should i just ignore it and move on? i don't want to change my calendar setting and delete appointments after a certain time, as there are things i want to keep for longer than the options allow.

thanks in advance fellow blackberriers!
    09-18-08 09:56 PM
    Two thoughts: first, calendar entries take very very little memory. My calendar database has 129 entries and only occupies 95kb total. That's negligible. So there's no reason not to have recurring events back 50 years or more. Second, if it really irrationally bugs you, just enter your dad's birthday as 6/4/2008. Now all the past dates are gone.
    09-18-08 10:04 PM
    Two thoughts: first, calendar entries take very very little memory. My calendar database has 129 entries and only occupies 95kb total. That's negligible. So there's no reason not to have recurring events back 50 years or more. Second, if it really irrationally bugs you, just enter your dad's birthday as 6/4/2008. Now all the past dates are gone.
    lol, jeffh, i know that it bugging me is completely irrational (i have plenty of memory to spare, but i was explaining why my calendar is set up so--people often say to change it) but funnier yet is that changing my dad's bday to this year would completely irrationally bug me even more since that's not the date of his birth.

i'm a picky crackberrier--i'll live with the old appts, just wanted to see if there was something out there that i didn't know of

thanks for your advice -- as ALWAYS
    09-18-08 10:10 PM
    My pearl doesn't automatically set bday / anniversary from my contacts to the calender. Is there an option to turn that on, or is only on certain models or os? I've looked but don't see that option....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 11:23 PM
    I enter birthdays and anniversaries using the Contact entry in Outlook. Outlook puts the entry on the calendar, and that synchs to the BlackBerry.
    09-18-08 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD