Please help!
    I have read that you can not recover deleted bbm messages once they have been deleted and I have also read that it is now possible to do so. What is the current situation if any of recovering deleted bbm messages? Thank you.
    01-14-13 01:19 PM
    You would be able to retrieve any messages that were saved. Do you have your chats set to save to either your device or media card? If your chat history isn't saved, then probably not.
    01-14-13 01:37 PM
    I had nothing saved to either as far as I am aware. The bb's factory setting were still in place. I have read that you can send your bb to a forensic lab and they can retrieve deleted bbm messages? Is this true or just another gimmic to get your hard earned money? Thanks
    01-15-13 07:45 AM
    If there is nothing saved, then there is nothing to retrieve. How can a forensic lab restore/retrieve information that was never there?
    Last edited by Oniberry; 01-15-13 at 10:44 AM.
    01-15-13 10:18 AM
    If you have backed your BB up thru desktop manager at some point when the messages were on there or have BB protect you may be able to retreive the messages that way. Not sure so look into those options.. Good luck
    01-15-13 10:42 AM
    Ok....so if the bbm chat was deleted and never saved there is no possible way by means of forensics to retrieve it? Is the bbm chat history ever saved on a RIM server?
    01-15-13 01:55 PM
    I never saved or backed up through the desk manager.......I always 'clear chat' history at the end of conversations, so I take it the cut history is gone fore ever then?
    01-15-13 01:59 PM
    Ok....so if the bbm chat was deleted and never saved there is no possible way by means of forensics to retrieve it? Is the bbm chat history ever saved on a RIM server?
    If this is a criminal matter, maybe you should be checking with the authorities. I have a state trooper in my family and he has retreived deleted text messages from phones when needed for a criminal case. Maybe BBM is similar?
    01-15-13 02:01 PM
    Thanks for your help......I too have heard that authorities can retrieve deleted text messages from phones.....BBM I am led to believe is not the same though. Hopefully someone can provide a definite answer to my question. Thank you anyway for your time.
    01-15-13 02:07 PM
    Thanks for your help......I too have heard that authorities can retrieve deleted text messages from phones.....BBM I am led to believe is not the same though. Hopefully someone can provide a definite answer to my question. Thank you anyway for your time.
    Hope you get it worked out. Going forward you should look into BB protect, its free. And back up your BB on a regular basis thru desktop manager.
    01-15-13 02:19 PM
    BBMs may be able to be retrieved should someone run forensic retrieval, as at some point the BBM is locally stored on the device. A security wipe of the device though would make it much harder, to impossible for forensic recovery. Also, always suspect RIM has a copy of your BBM for a little while. If you need to have completely private conversations on BBM, then setup a BES server and have anyone you need to chat privately on also connected to that server, and use the private encryption key provided by the BES server. This will cost a lot, and requires knowledge to do so though, but no one except the select people you have on the server has the encryption key, so it would be extremely hard to decrypt BBM's.
    01-15-13 10:10 PM
    Many thanks......that answers my question. Thanks
    01-16-13 05:46 AM
    Deleted BBM messages even encrypted ones from legacy BlackBerry device can be retrieved by authorities via a forensic company called Cellebrite. However they can only do this with OS 4 thru 7.1. I'm sure they are working on OS10. Big brother is truly watching...

From the 9700 Bold2 to a Q10 via CB10
    08-08-13 08:20 AM