My phone broke completly, destroy, at the point that i lost all the info that was in that phone the only information i have is the one in the pc on the IPD file from the back up/ there is anyone who could please help me opening this file to transfer the info to my new blackberry, the previous phone was a curve 8310 my new one the curve 8900, if someone could please contact me at [email protected] and help me with this task the help would be compensated.

Thank you so much
    07-02-09 04:16 AM
    ABC Amber can let you open that .ipd file:

ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter is a very useful tool that converts emails, contacts, SMS messages, PIN messages, autotext entries, calendar events, phone hotlist entries, memos, phone call logs, tasks, etc. from IPD (BlackBerry backup) files to any format you wish (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, TXT, DOC, MDB, XLS, CSV, etc.) easily and quickly.

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor
    07-02-09 11:21 AM
    Can you tell me how you got the abc amber converter? i purchased it but because i dont have a "non-free" email address they can't send me the registration key and link for the full version.
    07-03-09 01:45 PM
    What's a non-free email address?
    07-03-09 01:46 PM
    I believe that people have posted that the email address must be from an ISP as opposed to GMail or Yahoo mail. Sorry about continuing the thread-jack.
    07-03-09 01:48 PM
    non free email address...i have no clue. but it won't work with gmail, yahoo, or my school email which uses outlook. so i dont know.
    07-03-09 02:25 PM
    Not only that, but once someone made a thread saying that the company
    refused to give him a refund because he didn't have that e-mail address.
    07-03-09 02:32 PM
    what? they refused to refund?? on their page nowhere does it say that you need a non free email address (and i have never even heard of that before). i have to call my credit card company... and i see soo many ppl on the forums recommending the abc amber converter...
    07-03-09 02:36 PM
    what? they refused to refund?? on their page nowhere does it say that you need a non free email address (and i have never even heard of that before). i have to call my credit card company... and i see soo many ppl on the forums recommending the abc amber converter...
    That's what I suggested to the OP in that thread. I just noticed that you
    found the thread. I told the OP what I would have done but he never told us
    what he did to resolve the issue.
    07-03-09 02:46 PM
    yea. im still trying to figure it out. a lot of ppl are suggesting this abc converter on the rim bb forums too. and still no real solution.
    07-03-09 02:55 PM
    But you really shouldn't be hijacking other people's threads with your issue which is a separate issue.
    07-03-09 08:21 PM
    use the FREE software MagicBerry to read your IPD and export to text file
    download here:
    menastep.com/MagicBerry.rar

The software is under development to add more features, check menastep.com for updates.
    07-05-09 02:54 PM
    ��������,������� ��������, ��� ������ � �������� �������� ����� ������ �� �������� (495)925-51-40 .
    DulaPaill, what does that means I cant read your reply!!
    07-06-09 04:56 PM
    The wonderful ABC Amber Converter once I downloaded, it pretty much screwed me. As if I wasn't already having enough problems with my Curve, ABC totally locked my PC and went through the act of congress to get this crap I downloaded off my PC and back to normal. I dont recommend ABC Amber at all. I went straight through DM and restored. Easier and faster and it didnt lock up my PC for 2 hours!

Sorry...just thought I would give my 2 cents of venting.
    07-13-09 12:00 AM
    Dear malykz_mommy
    we all respect other people work.

Would you please try the MagicBerry for your data and feedback us with your comments.

Regards
    07-13-09 08:59 AM
    MagicBerry is cool, but the output file is unusable.. there has to be a non-paid version of something that converts these to a csv or some manageable format..
    let me know if anyone finds anything
    08-10-09 03:09 PM
    Whoa, while ABC is a great tool, it's totally not necessary here. Just connect your new BB to the pc and open Desktop Manager. Go to back up/restore. Then go to advanced. Over the left window, hit File>open. Go to the ipd you have from your old phone. Double click it putting it in the left window. Then transfer what you want to the right window(the 8900). Easy.
    tgeer1973 likes this.
    08-10-09 03:32 PM
    Whoa, while ABC is a great tool, it's totally not necessary here. Just connect your new BB to the pc and open Desktop Manager. Go to back up/restore. Then go to advanced. Over the left window, hit File>open. Go to the ipd you have from your old phone. Double click it putting it in the left window. Then transfer what you want to the right window(the 8900). Easy.
    Ditto.

Would Device Switch Wizard work in this case? I seem to remember using it when I got my Storm, with the Pearl backup I already had?
    09-29-09 10:16 PM
    I backed up my BB9700 to my laptop and got deleted accidentally. I recovered the deleted file from my hard disk but while trying to back up my BB phone using this recovered IPD file, it says not a blackberry file or note recognized by desk top. kindly help.
    01-14-11 06:23 AM
    I backed up my BB9700 to my laptop and got deleted accidentally. I recovered the deleted file from my hard disk but while trying to back up my BB phone using this recovered IPD file, it says not a blackberry file or note recognized by desk top. kindly help.
    In order to restore your device data you need an uncorrupted backup or .ipd file.
    Are you sure you used Restore/Advanced? and the proper .ipd file?
    01-14-11 07:23 AM
    Thank you so much for this post! You're a life saver! It worked like a charm, no problems. If I would have read your post first I could have saved the last three hours wasted trying to correct my problem.
    10-26-11 07:50 PM
    use the FREE software MagicBerry to read your IPD and export to text file
    download here:

The software is under development to add more features, check menastep.com for updates.
    Hello I am encryped some of IPD files. Does magic berry read an encrypted file? I can't seem to open my ipd that had a password on it.
    10-31-11 12:31 PM
    Try this right here, phoneminer

phoneMiner - Reclaim your BlackBerry data!

I had your problem before and was going crazy, theres a free trial and it works for important info recovery
    10-31-11 12:41 PM
    If you need to retrieve data off of an ipd or bbb file, consider Elcomsoft Backup Explorer. I was able to get all my text messages and everything, contacts, all of it exported and in readable format.

Highly suggest it for its price tag.

Get forensic access to essential information stored in BlackBerry backups
    10-31-11 01:26 PM
    If everybody recommends something, I will definitely recommend BlackBerry Backup Extractor at blackberryconverter.com. Works with .BBB and .IPD backup files and has a MAC version as well!
    04-04-12 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD